Rams wearing '99 throwbacks / Kurt Warner movie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/30/rams-wearing-1999-throwback-uniforms-twice-this-season/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... is-season/</a>

Well, this is cool.

The Rams announced Tuesday they will wear 1999 replica uniforms for regular-season games against Tennessee on November 3 and Tampa Bay on December 22.

The 1999 Rams defeated the Buccaneers in the NFC title game in St. Louis and bested the Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV in Atlanta.

“Some of our fans’ greatest memories involve the Buccaneers and Titans games from the 1999 postseason, and this is a great way to celebrate those pinnacle moments in franchise history while wearing the colors of the 1999 championship team,” Rams executive V.P. of football operations / C.O.O. Kevin Demoff said in a statement released by the club.

The Titans’ head coach in that Super Bowl, of course, was now-current Rams head coach Jeff Fisher. Forgive him if he doesn’t fondly remember Mike Jones’ tackle of Kevin Dyson.

But back to our main point: were those ever cool uniforms.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/30/20th-century-fox-buys-movie-rights-to-kurt-warner-story/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ner-story/</a>

Nearly 14 years ago, a low hit from Rodney Harrison ended Trent Green’s season — and launched Kurt Warner’s career.

It seemed like a story straight out of Hollywood. Now, Hollywood finally is catching up.

According to Deadline.com, 20th Century Fox has acquired the rights to develop a feature based on the life of a guy who went from Northern Iowa to the fringes of the Packers roster to bagging groceries to the Arena Football League to three Super Bowl appearances, two league MVP awards, and one Super Bowl win to cap his first season as a starting quarterback.

Temple Hill will produce the film, which will be based in part on Warner’s autobiography, All Things Possible.

There’s no timetable for the release, but with Warner up for consideration for the Hall of Fame in early 2015, it would make sense to have it ready to go in August of that year.

Meanwhile, feel free to make some guesses about who’ll portray the key players in the film. Including coach Dick Vermeil, who will be a character in a major motion picture for the second time in a decade.

Sawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wonder who will play those guys. Greg Kinnear wasn't a very good Dick Vermeil in "Invincible."
Who do you guys think would make a good Kurt Warner?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
I wonder who will play those guys. Greg Kinnear wasn't a very good Dick Vermeil in "Invincible."

Kurt Warner, not bein a smart ass, I just hope whatever they do they don't make fun of the guy's religious convictions,Kurts as good a human being as there is and the "Hollywood crowd" is extremely unkind to people of faith lately.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who do I have to kill to get a serious answer around here?

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was actually thinking Betty White as Georgia Frontier...

Samuel Jackson definitely has to be a position coach

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
I was actually thinking Betty White as Georgia Frontier...

Samuel Jackson definitely has to be a position coach
WR Coach?

jZ51dbs.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rabid Ram said:
kurt warner played by samual l jackson

Dude, he always plays a black guy... :lol:

Warner is my favorite QB all time, the man is miraculous. I will be seeing that one.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
X said:

Kurt Warner, not bein a smart ass, I just hope whatever they do they don't make fun of the guy's religious convictions,Kurts as good a human being as there is and the "Hollywood crowd" is extremely unkind to people of faith lately.

I hope they focus mostly on the football side of things, and leave the religious mumbo jumbo out of it. I can't wait to see the movie though.

Boom

UDFA
Could Papa John play Kurt Warner? On a serious note, maybe someone like Jim Caviezel could play Warner.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Boom said:
Could Papa John play Kurt Warner? On a serious note, maybe someone like Jim Caviezel could play Warner.
lol. Papa John does bear a striking resemblance. :lol:

Hey welcome to the board, Boom. Great to have you aboard.

Boom

UDFA
X said:
Boom said:

Thanks. Happy to be aboard.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Boom said:
X said:
Boom said:

Thanks. Happy to be aboard.
Are you bored of the board you've elected to jump aboard?
Cuz I have an engine that needs to be bored.
Or we could go hunt some boar.
Maybe sing some Bjork?

FMUPEXL.jpg

HE WITH HORNS said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

I hope they focus mostly on the football side of things, and leave the religious mumbo jumbo out of it. I can't wait to see the movie though.

I'm not a religious guy myself, but why would that be left out? That's a fundamental part of who the 'character' is. This is what he credits his rise to. If you leave that out completely, you aren't being true to the story.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TheRyanExpress said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

I'm not a religious guy myself, but why would that be left out? That's a fundamental part of who the 'character' is. This is what he credits his rise to. If you leave that out completely, you aren't being true to the story.

I felt like they focused more on religion then the actual story in the Blindside. They changed some parts of Oher's story to make it fit their christian theme, in my opinion.

Even Oher didn't like all the attention he was getting because of the movie - claimed that there were a lot of things wrong about it..like having never played football before and having to be taught it in the manner they portrayed..

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
True story...

Two or three years ago I was on vaca in Hilton Head with my parents, siblings, and all of our kids. I usually don't shave when I'm vacationing. Anyway, I was at a Fresh Market grocery store with my brother-in-law buying a very large quantity of steak. The butcher says to me "wow, Michelle Pfeifer (sp?) was in here earlier and gave me an autograph,,, can I have yours too?"

My brother-in-law almost can't speak from laughter, but he managed to ask the guy who in the hell he thought I was. The butcher says to me "you are Kurt Warner right?".

Picture insane laughter...

I did have on a Rams hat and I hadn't shaved in days... I think the butcher was on to something now.

So,,,, maybe they should pick me :cool:

tagfeet

UDFA
I Love How The St. Louis Media Are Saying That The RaMs Are Wearing The 99 Jerseys....Yes It's A Big Part Of The History But The Media Also Has To Recognize That Those Colors Started In LA....Fact...They Started To Wear The God Awful Colors The Next Year (2000) .....The Colors They Were Wearing Back In 99 Are Los Angeles And Will Be Again Soon!