Rams waive Terrell Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What round was Kupp selected in?

Who are the good mid-round players who were not kept? Was the contract they got doable with the Rams cap situation?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
What round was Kupp selected in?

Who are the good mid-round players who were not kept? Was the contract they got doable with the Rams cap situation?
See Page 4 of this thread. A nice poster listed them all laid-out; and you can make your own determinations.

Can't think of that poster's handle but he's a good guy. I hear he's kind of handsome too.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
See Page 4 of this thread. A nice poster listed them all laid-out; and you can make your own determinations.
In 1000 hours I figured out had that at the top of your fingers.

I’m going to say there was no top tier talent that the Rams didn’t keep if they had the cap space to do it.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In 1000 hours I figured out had that at the top of your fingers.

I’m going to say there was no top tier talent that the Rams didn’t keep if they had the cap space to do it.
Seriously though, I don't think the Rams drafted well in Rounds 2-6 from 2017 through 2020; and where they did make some good picks, they didn't hold on to some good players.

John Johnson and Gerald Everett would head my list of players I wish remained on the roster. Ebukam and Franklin-Myers would follow. Greg Gaines is a player I hope they can retain in 2023.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Seriously though, I don't think the Rams drafted well in Rounds 2-6 from 2017 through 2020; and where they did make some good picks, they didn't hold on to some good players.

John Johnson and Gerald Everett would head my list of players I wish remained on the roster. Ebukam and Franklin-Myers would follow. Greg Gaines is a player I hope they can retain in 2023.
I think everyone wanted Johnson but after the contract the Browns offered him, he was out of our range and I believe the thought was that Burgess would plug in with no loss in talent.

Everett had some good flashes but he was taking a lot of heat for drops before he left. I don’t think his contract in seaderall was a problem it felt like they didn’t really try to keep him.

Franklin-Meyers has grown into a good piece, SJD another one but those guys had cheaper replacements coming through the pipe.

I would like to see Gaines retained and Bobby Brown blow up. DBs need to come on but it looks like once again we’ll see turn over there.

I felt like our scouting took a hit when we lost the people to Detroits front office. Do not disagree that the Rams need o do better.

I think it was you saying we need another big star and I agree. Some how getting in to the top ten this year for a generational talent along with better health over all would make 2023 a much better year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think everyone wanted Johnson but after the contract the Browns offered him, he was out of our range and I believe the thought was that Burgess would plug in with no loss in talent.

Everett had some good flashes but he was taking a lot of heat for drops before he left. I don’t think his contract in seaderall was a problem it felt like they didn’t really try to keep him.
John Johnson's 2021 cap hit was just $3.65M. He is so much better than what they have at Safety.

Gerald Everett's deal with Seattle was one-year and $6M. With the Chargers it's just two years and $12M.
He is so much better than what they have behind Higbee.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
John Johnson's 2021 cap hit was just $3.65M. He is so much better than what they have at Safety.

Gerald Everett's deal with Seattle was one-year and $6M. With the Chargers it's just two years and $12M.
The Rams made the Johnson decision with Fuller in hand. You're saying your not talking about the injuries... but you're talking about the injuries.

They couldn't and weren't going to pay a backup tight end 6 million a year. Mundt last year, before he was hurt, was a completely acceptable #2 TE.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

You’re leaving a lot of information out on the Johnson contract.

1671413144300.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You're saying your not talking about the injuries... but you're talking about the injuries.

That's ridiculous.

That's Kooky-talk!

Seriously, I'm trying to figure out how you could come to that conclusion. I don't see it

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You’re leaving a lot of information out on the Johnson contract.
The point was that year 1 of a free agent contract can be structured for a relatively small cap hit.

Examples: Allen Robinson and Joseph Noteboom both signed three year deals for more money than Johnson. Robinson's year 1 cap hit is $4.3M, and Noteboom's is just $3.5M

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The point was that year 1 of a free agent contract can be structured for a relatively small cap hit.

Examples: Allen Robinson and Joseph Noteboom both signed three year deals for more money than Johnson. Robinson's year 1 cap hit is $4.3M, and Noteboom's is just $3.5M
I get that but you were not keeping Johnson on a one year deal. It would have taken something greater than he got and that was not sticking with the Rams vision.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I get that but you were not keeping Johnson on a one year deal. It would have taken something greater than he got and that was not sticking with the Rams vision.
Huh? I'm not talking about a one-year deal. We're just not on the same page here.

In 2021, Johnson signed for 3 years and $33.75M, with a $12M signing bonus and $24M guaranteed.

In 2022, Noteboom signed for 3 years and $40M, with a $10M signing bonus and $25M guaranteed.

Their Year 1 cap hits were $3.65M (Johnson) and $3.5M (Noteboom).

Not identical deals (but close) and one-year apart.

I'm just saying I wish the Rams had budgeted to keep Johnson instead of spending $ in other areas.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's ridiculous.

That's Kooky-talk!

Seriously, I'm trying to figure out how you could come to that conclusion. I don't see it
You're lamenting losing a player that they had a good plan to replace. Jordan Fuller.
Fuller's been hurt.
You're still talking about injuries.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You're lamenting losing a player that they had a good plan to replace. Jordan Fuller.
Fuller's been hurt.
You're still talking about injuries.
Not at all.

I felt that way when they lost Johnson in the Spring of 2021.
I felt that way when I watched him play in Cleveland last season.
I felt that way before this season started.
I felt that way yesterday when I watched the Browns/Ravens, and Johnson had a big game.

I felt that way throughout this time because I think John Johnson is a very good all-around-safety; and that he is better than any safety the Rams have had in years.

Disagree with the opinion, if you want, but injuries have not had anything to do with that opinion.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not at all.

I felt that way when they lost Johnson in the Spring of 2021.
I felt that way when I watched him play in Cleveland last season.
I felt that way before this season started.
I felt that way yesterday when I watched the Browns/Ravens, and Johnson had a big game.

I felt that way throughout this time because I think John Johnson is a very good all-around-safety; and that he is better than any safety the Rams have had in years.

Disagree with the opinion, if you want, but injuries have not had anything to do with that opinion.

Fuller was a better player than Johnson last year. Now he's hurt. It's that simple to me.
If you decide not to pay someone, it should be because you have a replacement and the Rams did.

If Fuller wasn't hurt, this wouldn't be an issue.

You're talking about the Rams not drafting well and not keeping good players. The "not keeping good players" part doesn't matter when their replacements are as good or better than them, at least to me. Fuller was. But he's hurt now.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And i believe the Rams need at least 2 stars to be competirive again. My gosh they lost Whit, Von Miller, Corbett, OBJ, and Eric Weddle. That's 4 all stars and a starter.