Rams waive Terrell Lewis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If I was everett, I leave the Rams just to get a chance at more targets. The Rams were loaded at WR and Higbee was firmly entrenched. Career-wise, moving on from the Rams was a good decision for everett.

oldnotdead

Legend
I see them trading for a long term edge this offseason. That is their MO Although they could have some good options in the second round. They could even trade up into the lower 1st round if someone they like drops. The Panthers might be more receptive to a trade since they are going to be only $2M under the cap and owe Burns $16M on his 5th year option.

As much as they like Brian Allen he's hurt once again. With Shelton on the roster they have the luxury of carrying him one more year because they would net twice as much cap if released in 2024.

This is going to be a very interesting offseason and IMO it starts tonight.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There is no way that Fuller is, was, or will be better than John Johnson.
Johnson III was one of the better Snead/McVay draft selections & that same 2017 draft gave them 2 starters quickly (Kupp/Johnson) in their rookie seasons. ER Samson Ebukam did become a starter for 1 out of the 4 Ram seasons. The 2017 Draft is an example of a very good draft for Snead/McVay Ebukam did become a starter for 1 out of the 4 Ram seasons. Johnson was the main starter for 2 of his 4 seasons. He had 2 seasons with injuries in years 3 & 4.

Jordan Fuller is far from being NFL starting safety material. JF has proven he is an injured-prone young safety. I would not plan on JF being a starter in 2023. The Ram's dependence on injury-prone players needs to be reduced greatly.

Let's hope that both 2022 rookies Russ Yeast & Quentin Lake will be ready to start. But Lake has been injured since TC.

So have the Rams replaced Lewis with anyone yet?
Yes at this time. Mike Hoecht is playing the post that Lewis took up & Kier Thomas is relieving Hoecht.

I don't think that Hoecht is the 2023 replacement ReekofRams. That is & will be an unknown IMO.

An ER has to be very high in priorities in the 2023 draft & it would not surprise me if the Rams draft Two ER's. One on Day-2 & One on Day-3. Snead/McVay have drafted 9 ER's since 2017. Only one (Dan Hardy) is under contract for the 2023 season.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
There is no way that Fuller is, was, or will be better than John Johnson.
I said Fuller had a better year in 21 and that the Rams had a good plan to replace Johnson.

Both things stand up.

We're talking roster construction and decisions.. that wasn't a bad decision.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
John Johnson's 2021 cap hit was just $3.65M. He is so much better than what they have at Safety.

Gerald Everett's deal with Seattle was one-year and $6M. With the Chargers it's just two years and $12M.
He is so much better than what they have behind Higbee.
They don't just look at the initial cap hit. They have took out 2- 3 yrs and see how it all adds up.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon