Rams Waive QB Dylan Thompson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
According to the Rams website, we're back to 2 QBs and sit at a roster of 88. What's goin on here? Surely we can't go through training camp with two passers.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I guess he is GONE gone because it's not like they cut him to sign another player.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Dylan has Keenum, Austin Davis type of arm.

My bet is they bring in somebody who has a Goff, Mannion type of arm and try to develop him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Training camp doesn't start for what, 6 weeks? They'll sign another QB, maybe 2 by the start of TC

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh Dylan, Don't go gentle into that good night! Rage..RAGE..RAGE against the dying of the light!
Translation: Maybe the Browns have an opening?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It just doesn't look like we want to carry a third QB on the roster (cutting Murray and Thompson so quickly). Maybe we just want to give our defense a bunch of different looks so they are more prepared to adapt to other playing styles once the season starts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh crap

Colin Kaepernick time.....
Man would that send my wife's Whiner fan relatives through the roof here in Reno. They all watched him play at UNR and were stoked when he went to their team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll take a ' wait-and-see' attitude on this and trust McVay, he hasn't made any mistakes so far!! You would think he would have at least a camp arm come in!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dylan has Keenum, Austin Davis type of arm.

My bet is they bring in somebody who has a Goff, Mannion type of arm and try to develop him.

Of course they need another arm. The thing is they are only going to keep 2 QB's .
Never say never , but as I said before. He won't even make the practice squad.
--Robinson was a good trade. Saves face. Shows they should have drafted Aaron Donald #2 . People are saying Khalil's Mack.

If any of you had a choice who would be your #1 pick ? --Donald has been solid.
I would have traded back because of all the good Offensive lineman in the draft. Couldn't go wrong. Oops except for Greg Robinson .

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough to figure this out as it's quite obvious they wanted Thompson for OTA's maybe because he took to the offense quicker and they wanted to ensure they gave the WR's every opportunity to showcase their talents in a short period of time.

Now will it be Bryan Scott or Matt Davis or maybe they had their eyes on someone else all along who they knew was going to be released. Anyway one thing for sure, they will sign a QB for training camp and a camp leg too so regardless all of us understand it's only camouflage as unless there is an injury the final 53 will have two QB's Jared Goff & Sean Mannion.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
they don't really have to rush to find a #3 guy... as long as they have someone in camp that they like that's all that matters...

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
um... we have hekker! he probably gets more in game throws than a typical 3rd string qb.