Rams Waive Burgess and Blanton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Terrell was a LATE 3rd round comp pick, 2 picks from the 4th round.

3 years and out. Like 90% of players taken. Let's not act like it's some travesty. Kendall is an UDFA JAG. Whatevs.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It's about time with Burgess. I am still pissed we kept his ass over a better safety that we lost last season. Great guy by all indications but not good enough.

Blanton I appreciate what he did in that playoff run for us but we need smart players who can win in run & pass at TE. Best wishes to both but it was time and there's some others who fit that criteria who are still on the roster.
Remember that when they sign them to the practice squad.
Lol

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
McVay needs to send a message and cut Evans. I have a hard time understanding why the Rams haven't snagged a Guard from someones PS. They wouldn't be any worse than what we're currently getting out of Evans.
Aboushi
Skura

We have already grabbed two guys that have to be an improvement over Evans.

I'm ready to move on and I'm probably Evan's biggest/only fan on this board.

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't understand why we keep cutting Blanton with our TE group so short? Not to mention Higbee was limping around at the end of the game last Sunday. This team frustrates me sometimes.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Let’s face it. Snead is in a bit of a slump with his top draft picks and has been for some time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Blanton thing bothers me, unless they plan to replace him. IMO it’s time(again) to rediscover 12 personnel. Not holding my breath…

oldnotdead

Legend
I think they are making room for Shelton and Brewer on the 53. If so they would have to make another roster move to add Williams to the 53. IMO I'm surprised Evans wasn't first on the list.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Given all the 1st and 2nd round picks we've traded in recent years we certainly cant afford to be cutting our 3rd rounders 2 years later....
That’s a big part of the problem. 2-4 rounders not panning out. It’s key to this team build strategy.

It’s bad when most of a fan base instantly recognizes a wasted pick, yet the GM and coach don’t. Tutu was a bust before he got to camp.

Rochelle, Burgess, Akers, Evans l, Harris, are examples of clear misses that even if they played at a league average level it would greatly contribute to the team.
Terrell was a LATE 3rd round comp pick, 2 picks from the 4th round.

3 years and out. Like 90% of players taken. Let's not act like it's some travesty. Kendall is an UDFA JAG. Whatevs.
I’m still mistyfied by the Rams not taking a TE in a TE loaded draft. Higbee’s injuries last year seemed to signal that he’s wearing down. He never has been a smooth athlete but he’s dropped off a cliff it seems.

I wish Pinckney or Carter would start proving they belonged, because nobody else is at TE aside from Higbee’s meager contributions.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I'm all right. Aint, nobody worried 'bout me...." ~ Bobby E.

RojuNj7.gif

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Big deal. Neither Burgess nor Blanton were integral to all of this putrid football.

You want to shake things up? Why is Akers still on the team? Just cut his ass and play Henderson and the rookies…

…and play McCutcheon

…and bring up Carter to fill the void on STs at least. I’ll bet he can block too.

…and play Durant more. Let him get some real game reps.

…and cut one edge guy as soon as we can play Hardy.

…and find Jack Snyder and sign him to replace Evans.