Rams vs Skins the final verdict

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I live in Northern Virginia deep in Skins country (actually I live about 15 minutes from the Skins training facility.) Anyway I am tired of talking shit with friends about the Rams being better than the Skins. Both have had an awfully rocky last 10 years with the skins having success one year with RG3 but I believe the Rams have and will benefit much greater in the long run from the RG3 trade. i hate the skins and the NFC East for that matter because they for the most part represent everything I hate about football which is overrated and overpaid players complaining and arguing with their overrated teammates and coaches about who deserves the ball most and which owner can be more obnoxiously over involved in their teams business (looking at you Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder) but thanks for the trade Dan... Anyways I'm greatly looking forward to the West playing the East and already am eying front row tickets to the Skins Rams game. any colorful predictions on the East vs West this year??cus its gonna be a bloodbath! Ive already had conversations about betting hundreds of dollars on the game. no im not stupid I just know the Rams love beating on the Skins whenever they get the chance.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I live in Northern Virginia deep in Skins country (actually I live about 15 minutes from the Skins training facility.) Anyway I am tired of talking crap with friends about the Rams being better than the Skins. Both have had an awfully rocky last 10 years with the skins having success one year with RG3 but I believe the Rams have and will benefit much greater in the long run from the RG3 trade. i hate the skins and the NFC East for that matter because they for the most part represent everything I hate about football which is overrated and overpaid players complaining and arguing with their overrated teammates and coaches about who deserves the ball most and which owner can be more obnoxiously over involved in their teams business (looking at you Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder) but thanks for the trade Dan... Anyways I'm greatly looking forward to the West playing the East and already am eying front row tickets to the Skins Rams game. any colorful predictions on the East vs West this year??cus its gonna be a bloodbath! Ive already had conversations about betting hundreds of dollars on the game. no im not stupid I just know the Rams love beating on the Skins whenever they get the chance.
Unless RGme is a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Drew Brees type QB we definitely trade-raped them! :banana:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Unless RGme is a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Drew Brees type QB we definitely trade-raped them! :banana:
Possibly even if that does end up being the case.

We got a LOT out of that trade, particularly with trading down. Brockers and Robinson alone are arguably a fair trade for the pick.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I live in Northern Virginia deep in Skins country (actually I live about 15 minutes from the Skins training facility.) Anyway I am tired of talking crap with friends about the Rams being better than the Skins. Both have had an awfully rocky last 10 years with the skins having success one year with RG3 but I believe the Rams have and will benefit much greater in the long run from the RG3 trade. i hate the skins and the NFC East for that matter because they for the most part represent everything I hate about football which is overrated and overpaid players complaining and arguing with their overrated teammates and coaches about who deserves the ball most and which owner can be more obnoxiously over involved in their teams business (looking at you Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder) but thanks for the trade Dan... Anyways I'm greatly looking forward to the West playing the East and already am eying front row tickets to the Skins Rams game. any colorful predictions on the East vs West this year??cus its gonna be a bloodbath! Ive already had conversations about betting hundreds of dollars on the game. no im not stupid I just know the Rams love beating on the Skins whenever they get the chance.
I always like the Skins (1978 to 1999) but when Snyder began to dominate through his billionaire-like status, without any wisdom I began to dislike them and still do. IT is a 'personal' victory every week they lose--especially against the Rams.
Snyder seems to have toned it down the last few years (no big free agents--outside of Garcon)...but he is still a very bad owner.
He treats RG3mi different, and that is bad. I won't be surprised if they win 6-8 this year...JOrdan reed, Garcon, good RB and RGmi are all it takes to win 5-6 games....Haslett is a bottom 5 DC, that is their big downfall.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The NFCE sux, man. All those teams are being built the same way. They're neglecting the defenses to build up their offenses. It's a real crap tank of a mess if you ask me. When defenses even play average against their offenses, they don't have much to hold down their opponent.

The NFCE will feature one playoff team, once again.

We scorched them in that trade. They still suck and will continue to suck largely because of it.

What was our final tally from that trade again?

Brockers
Jenkins
Ogletree
Bailey
Half of Stacy
Robinson

Pead
Watkins

Would anyone be surprised if we had 3 All Pros on that list?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Has there been a more overrated player in recent years than RGIII? The guy knows how to call a press conference, though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Brockers
Jenkins
Ogletree
Bailey
Half of Stacy
Robinson

Pead
Watkins

One could argue Tavon Austin became an affordable trade up because of the extra first rounder.

Without the extra first, we probably don't move up for him.

MFaulk107

The Realness
My friend is a Skins fan he keeps bragging about Djax. We might end up going the game together which would be fun, seeing the Rams shit on them.

We are throwing 200 dollars each in for this game, that'll be an extra 200 in my pocket!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm sure DJax is going to make RG3 look good. Then again, how long can both egos co-exist?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Possibly even if that does end up being the case.

We got a LOT out of that trade, particularly with trading down. Brockers and Robinson alone are arguably a fair trade for the pick.
Yeah I agree but it would be worth it if you didn't have a franchise QB but ONLY if he is able to play at that high of a level of those three. Otherwise i'll take the heap we got anyday and twice on sundays.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Brockers
Jenkins
Ogletree
Robinson
Stacy

That's FIVE sure fire starters for RG3! (Plus others TBD; Bailey, etc.) EDIT: and all 5 have demonstrated probowl potential.

And... That says nothing to the fact RG3 is not a top tier player with a lot of question marks going forward.

One could argue Tavon Austin became an affordable trade up because of the extra first rounder.

Without the extra first, we probably don't move up for him.

I'd of rather stuck to my original plan and come away with Allen and Warford than Austin, but they won't listen to any of my "expert" play evaluations, so I'll pretend it didn't :cry:.

Brockers
Jenkins
Ogletree
Robinson
Stacy

That's FIVE sure fire starters for RG3! (Plus others TBD; Bailey, etc.)

And... That says nothing to the fact RG3 is not a top tier player with a lot of question marks going forward.

Only a matter of time until Bailey becomes a starter, assuming that the suspension was a simple mistake, we saw with Dunbar that if you can improve the team you'll get out of Fisher's dog house pretty soon.

Austin
Bailey
Quick

If all 3 can make above average contributions we're in a good place at the position.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd of rather stuck to my original plan and come away with Allen and Warford than Austin, but they won't listen to any of my "expert" play evaluations, so I'll pretend it didn't :cry:.

You're not alone with that opinion.

But my response; wait until the end of this year to solidify your stance. TA's skill set is unlike any other in the league and could be a star.

That's not to say Warford and Allen aren't nice players; but they lack the BOOM potential of TA.

As always, just IMO. :sneaky:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Has there been a more overrated player in recent years than RGIII? The guy knows how to call a press conference, though.
af698fe6af132a4594b35df5a415d273.600x.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The NFCE sux, man. All those teams are being built the same way. They're neglecting the defenses to build up their offenses. It's a real crap tank of a mess if you ask me. When defenses even play average against their offenses, they don't have much to hold down their opponent.

The NFCE will feature one playoff team, once again.

We scorched them in that trade. They still suck and will continue to suck largely because of it.
Anything that "Keeps" the Cowboys down works for me!!(y)

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My friend is a Skins fan he keeps bragging about Djax. We might end up going the game together which would be fun, seeing the Rams crap on them.

We are throwing 200 dollars each in for this game, that'll be an extra 200 in my pocket!
yea buddy thats my plan. i plan on having full pockets after the game. But he wants to play the vegas odds.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Brockers
Jenkins
Ogletree
Bailey
Half of Stacy
Robinson

Pead
Watkins

We could have more than 3. I believe Brockers and Ogletree inevitable real soon. Robinson in the not too distant future. Stacy and Jenkins have a shot too. Stacy maybe this year. Stacy will likely get enough carries if he stays healthy. If he averages 4 YPC he'll get 1200 yards minimum.