Rams vs Skins the final verdict

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Just scored tickets to the Skins game. I am thinking about the Eagles game anyone been to Philly as a visiting fan would you recommend making the trip?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just scored tickets to the Skins game. I am thinking about the Eagles game anyone been to Philly as a visiting fan would you recommend making the trip?

I would be VERY careful going to that game as an opposing fan. Seriously. If you wear your gear and cheer for the Rams, you WILL be harassed....badly.

I live in MD and used to work a mile from Redskins Park in Ashburn (where I took this pic with someone you may recognize...please excuse the bead necklace)

1915662_1260459840597_174621_n.jpg

That being the case, I deal with a LOT of trash talk from Skin fans round heyah. Nothing made me happier that that game 2 years ago when we came back and stomped em after basically kicking there ass all over the field all day to begin with.

VARam

I know the feeling. Skins fans are beyond insufferable. The Giants will always have a special place in my heart, but the rest of the NFC East tihsbirds can go screw themselves !

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
One could argue Tavon Austin became an affordable trade up because of the extra first rounder.

Without the extra first, we probably don't move up for him.
And that's the factor that makes the trade even better, it goes beyond just who we got with the actual picks, but the leeway they afforded the rest of the picks.

Like this year, assume we didn't have that #2 overall. If those first 12 picks still drop the same way and Donald is on the board, given that left guard is still unaddressed, can we still take Donald? (Which, yes, ended up being a benefit of not taking Watkins as well before anyone goes there).

I liked the Joseph signing as a backup. I'd like it a lot less if he was being counted on as the starter until he proves he can be that again.

Irish

Starter
If RG3 ends up being as good as advertised and can stay on the field (which, so far, he can't), the Redskins win the trade.

RG3 has the potential to be a transcendent NFL player. No one in the Rams bounty of draft picks and trade downs has that potential, but potential never won a Super bowl. RG3 will determine who got the better of the deal.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
If RG3 ends up being as good as advertised and can stay on the field (which, so far, he can't), the Redskins win the trade.

RG3 has the potential to be a transcendent NFL player. No one in the Rams bounty of draft picks and trade downs has that potential, but potential never won a Super bowl. RG3 will determine who got the better of the deal.
When "as good as advertised" means living up to insane hype, no one's EVER "as good as advertised". And with RG3's play style, it's going to lead to a lot more injuries.

Maybe no one player on the Rams has that hype level, but it takes a team to win. Between the players the Rams got, and the players the Rams' extra picks gave them leeway to trade, the Rams win this deal laughing all the way to the bank.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want the Rams to beat RG3 like a drum, when they play us...But my venom has drained since the trade has played out. We won, without question in my mind. I save my venom from the Hawks and the Niners

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I want the Rams to beat RG3 like a drum, when they play us...But my venom has drained since the trade has played out. We won, without question in my mind. I save my venom from the Hawks and the Niners
I hear you. Feels like I finally stop worrying about wanting to Redskins to lose. ;)

I hear you. Feels like I finally stop worrying about wanting to Redskins to lose. ;)

It's a shame really, there was always a game on last season, bye week we'll root against the Redskins, 9:15 kick off we'll root against the Redskins :(.

I might just keep on rooting against them just for old times sake.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It's a shame really, there was always a game on last season, bye week we'll root against the Redskins, 9:15 kick off we'll root against the Redskins :(.

I might just keep on rooting against them just for old times sake.
We can still root for my second favorite team... whoever is playing the Niners.

And by we, I do not mean you, bad luck boy. ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Now that the trade between the Rams and the Skins is complete, I want them to do well in that division. My son was at daycare when the Skins held their only training camp at Frostburg University. He met the players, got their autographs and has been a Skins fanatic ever since. He hangs out over at Extremeskins just like the rest of us hang out here.

Living here in Maryland they show every Skins game on TV and so I've been able to watch their ups and downs over the last 20 years. A healthy RGIII is good for the NFL. He's an exciting player with albeit a big mouth(much like Kaepernick).

Maybe it's just from my years of living in the SF area but Skins fans are nowhere near as bad as 49ers fans imo. They are the bottom of the barrel. Hope the Skins do well except for the Dec. 7th game against our Rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd favor us (the whole NFC west really) in every game vs the east except for Philly...And if we can hold them, I say we can beat the Eagles anywhere. The trade was the best thing to happen since Marshall Faulk. Good luck w/ RGIII

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm sure DJax is going to make RG3 look good. Then again, how long can both egos co-exist?
I also like DJax in Wasington. Remember DJax with Vick when Vick was good? Lethal.
RG3SPN and DJax should compliment each other quite well.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would be VERY careful going to that game as an opposing fan. Seriously. If you wear your gear and cheer for the Rams, you WILL be harassed....badly.

I live in MD and used to work a mile from Redskins Park in Ashburn (where I took this pic with someone you may recognize...please excuse the bead necklace)

1915662_1260459840597_174621_n.jpg

That being the case, I deal with a LOT of trash talk from Skin fans round heyah. Nothing made me happier that that game 2 years ago when we came back and stomped em after basically kicking there ass all over the field all day to begin with.
nice. I train at a gym in Loudoun County where a handful of Skins players come and workout from time to time like Kerrigan but my favorite guy to talk to is Mr. O.J. Atogwe he was my favorite Rams defender back in the day and a pretty cool guy. I guess he decided to settle in the area after he was done with the Skins. FYI his wife looks like a beautiful amazonian princess lol

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just scored tickets to the Skins game. I am thinking about the Eagles game anyone been to Philly as a visiting fan would you recommend making the trip?[/QUOTE
get good seats?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm still gonna route against the redskins. The trade may be finished, but the longer the redskins are shit, the better our front office looks haha.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
nice. I train at a gym in Loudoun County where a handful of Skins players come and workout from time to time like Kerrigan but my favorite guy to talk to is Mr. O.J. Atogwe he was my favorite Rams defender back in the day and a pretty cool guy. I guess he decided to settle in the area after he was done with the Skins. FYI his wife looks like a beautiful amazonian princess lol
Dude I loved O.J.! Think he got a unfair rap from rams fans... dude was a turn over machine and wasn't Craig Dahl either..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm still gonna route against the redskins. The trade may be finished, but the longer the redskins are crap, the better our front office looks haha.

For me, I am having a hard time rooting for the Redskins because RG3 (just like Andrew Luck) were handed superstardom before ever earning it.

Same with Kaeperdick.

It's like because ESPN can create a story with these guys; we are supposed to anoint them the next great QB's.

Well... So far; none of these cats are Manning, Brady, Brees worthy.

Prove it first.