Rams vs Raiders Week 2 Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marshawn looks like he's lost weight and years man. Dude was quick last week and those 3 TE sets with a guy like him running behind them are a pain to see in preseason when dudes don't want to get dinged up.

Raiders' OL looks good too. Stuffin the run gonna be rough in this one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't expect to win, because that's not the goal. Took about 20 years to realize that preseason is the biggest supplier of hope and/or despair on the planet. I would like to see our starting D-line for a series or two, but that's about it.

TexasRam

Legend
I could care less if we lost 44-7.

No one asks how you did in preseason after the season starts.

Injury is everything.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
With all the snaps and work the starters got this week I doubt they see many snaps, if any, vs the Raiders. Why give Gruden's bunch any hint of what they are going to face in week one? If I'm McVay I give the Raiders no clue and play only backups with Vanella plays.

I expect Gruden to do the same.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
With all the snaps and work the starters got this week I doubt they see many snaps, if any, vs the Raiders. Why give Gruden's bunch any hint of what they are going to face in week one? If I'm McVay I give the Raiders no clue and play only backups with Vanella plays.

I expect Gruden to do the same.

Yeah, no preview. I want them to go into Monday night not knowing what's up. Leave it until early in game one when they realuze that things will not be going their way.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hold our esteem posters like @-X- & @TexasRam in high regard, but I'm not a fan of getting your butt kicked in any game. Last week I give it a pass because the Ravens had already played one game and history shows us those teams play really well the following week against teams that have not played yet.

I also agree the key is to come away injury free, but I want the Rams to be competitive and I also like winning at least 2 preseason games to set the stage right for the upcoming season. Now yes teams have gone 0-4 in preseason and have done just fine, but the third game is always a dress rehershal and I realize Coach McVay is more concerned with keeping his players healthy, but if the Rams get clobbered again I still will have a few concerns, however, if it's a competitive game and the Rams come away injury free, mission accomplished.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, well,

Screenshot_1.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't expect to win, because that's not the goal. Took about 20 years to realize that preseason is the biggest supplier of hope and/or despair on the planet. I would like to see our starting D-line for a series or two, but that's about it.

In general I am with you on this point. However, I'd like to see at least one W this pre season. After watching the 2s and 3s get beaten up in week 17 last year, losing in the playoffs, and then what we saw in the first pre season game - it feels like maybe the boys need to feel a W - just to remember that its what we do here.

DeaconJ

Rookie
I hold our esteem posters like @-X- & @TexasRam in high regard, but I'm not a fan of getting your butt kicked in any game. Last week I give it a pass because the Ravens had already played one game and history shows us those teams play really well the following week against teams that have not played yet.

I also agree the key is to come away injury free, but I want the Rams to be competitive and I also like winning at least 2 preseason games to set the stage right for the upcoming season. Now yes teams have gone 0-4 in preseason and have done just fine, but the third game is always a dress rehershal and I realize Coach McVay is more concerned with keeping his players healthy, but if the Rams get clobbered again I still will have a few concerns, however, if it's a competitive game and the Rams come away injury free, mission accomplished.

Well, uhh, Cleveland went 4-0 last pre-season....

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I just wanna see Mannion with the ones for one series so we dont have to talk about "Mannion not playing with the ones" for the entire week after.

Ram65

Legend
Always a mixed bag when choosing who plays and doesn't play early in preseason. Avoiding injury is paramount.

On defense

Let's see the starters minus Barron play a series. Lot's of new faces playing together. Let's see some first string subpackages as well.

Toss up on playing Goff or not. One series for Goff and the starters. Bring Mannion in with starters except a couple lineman and then rotated backups.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If it was anybody other than the team we play week 1 I would like to see our starters for at least a quarter. Definately want to see the starters going into the 3rd against Houston. Thats where we should see what kind of groove we can vet in heading into the season. If we suck against the texans than start the ones in game 4 until they get their act together.

I know I know, why risk it against 2nd string in game 4. Well, the starters better show us that it wasn't detrimental to sit em, if they do sit on Saturday.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'm seeing all the injuries roll in at PFT and I'm back on board with sitting all starters besides the kickers. I agree with the sentiment of being rusty and healthy rather than risking injury in worthless games. Get good work in practice and save your guys IMO.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Coaches are avoiding preseason injuries, of course, but I think McVay wants to use the first few games to evaluate the bottom of the roster and to give them playing time, especially with the limited practice time and no preliminary cuts this year. We already know who's starting and I think they'll get more playing time in games 3 and 4.