Rams vs Jets postgame

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
I was really pissed off at the end of the game. My fiance asked me to help her clean since we have people coming over for Thanksgiving and I snapped at her. She asked me why I snapped. I told her I was pissed off because of the game. She asked me why, and I said because "I love them". She asked me "Do they love you back?" I didn't know what to say to that.

Am I too irrational to allow a football game to make me so angry? Should I take a "step back from the Rams table"? Why do sports get me (and possibly others) so worked up? I remember after the Patriots beat the Rams in the Superbowl I was pissed off for like four months.

I'm not the only one like this am I?
We really shouldn't let it get to us, but that's too generic a response. When you have so many years invested in a team that has consistently let you down, sooner or later the dam will break. This game actually bothered me more than the New England game. This was one that they should have won, could have won, and would have won, had they played even up to an average standard. Credit the Jets, and blah blah blah, but this is supposed to be a world-class coaching staff that you would THINK could minimize mistakes more and more as the season wears on.

And yet....

What made it worse was the refereeing in this one, AND the fact that they didn't adjust on offense. If the Jets are throwing things at you defensively (per the post-game quotes) that you know are fucking up your rhythm, then take it back to basics. I don't see how you can pound the ball against the vaunted 49ers defense for over 150 yards, and then scale it back against the 30th ranked Jets run defense and only run it 19 times. It was baffling. Jackson and Richardson were KILLING them. And if they're taking away Givens and Amendola, then pull it in and run the ball + set up some screens and short underneath stuff. Or get the tight-ends and backs involved in the passing game. Anything other than watching Bradford look downfield and see nothing again and again.

Do they love us back? No. They don't. I wouldn't love us either after that showing at the dome. At one point I was hoping the announcers would just shut the hell up so that I could hear what that one clown was yelling over and over and over. I actually heard ONE guy. It was pathetic. Apathetic, even.

In a day or two I'll get over it and remember that this is a young team, with 33 new players, rookies starting, and playing a couple of reserves on the O-line. I'll remember that there are still holes that need to be shored up, and I'll be thankful for the extra picks next April. I'll shrug off this bad performance by Bradford and hope it was just an anomaly. Lots of good QBs play bad here and there during the season, and Bradford shouldn't be held to an impossible standard. I'll remember why I can never root for another team, and I'll find solace in the fact that I'm not alone. There are a lot of us who have the kind of character that is enviable when you reflect upon the past 20 some odd years of futility (4 winning seasons in 23 years) and realize that we haven't wavered in our faith or determination.

In the end though, they should love us. The die-hards. Without us, they're nothing.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Quite honestly, I saw this coming. It was Chicago all over again. A team floundering on offense got its mojo back against us. Sure, the defense played better against the Bears, but our offense couldn't do much then, either.

Not that I wanted to believe. This was a home game. I thought we'd at least get some love from the zebras. And a louder crowd.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Very well said, Paul....as usual. I still feel like vomiting though....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ram Quixote said:
Quite honestly, I saw this coming. It was Chicago all over again. A team floundering on offense got its mojo back against us. Sure, the defense played better against the Bears, but our offense couldn't do much then, either.

Not that I wanted to believe. This was a home game. I thought we'd at leat get some love from the zebras. And a louder crowd.

You and me both brother. I even started a thread about it. Could see this coming from a mile away. At least I made $100 on the game. I sooo badly wanted to lose that money.....

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Jets are a sub-par team that I thought we could at least hold to a close game. Lacking their defensive corner stone and their best WR, they had some huge holes. How can we get destroyed at home after a tough showing with the 49ers to a team heavily in decline and with more questions than answers? There was not a single aspect of our entire squad that I could give a positive comment about. That was really the last nail in our season's coffin. It's better now to just lose out, make trades to benefit our future and repeat the process of the last SEVERAL years of "rebuilding". :nono: