1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams vs Cardinals: Official Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by bluecoconuts, Nov 27, 2011.

1. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Well sure, and I have no problem with that. I happen to think it's one of Billy's strengths, and he tries to do that every year, but even 1 gem won't solve our problems, that is my point, and finding a diamond in the rough is an extreme longshot, and I don't want to gamble my entire next season on that longshot. There needs to be a mix of draft, free agency, retention, and luck. The offensive line is a near complete rebuild next year.

2. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Take a DT, it doesn't matter how good a DT is if Gibson keeps dropping passes and DX keeps gettin hurt. Especially w/ this OC that hardly utilizes the running game.

Teams don't let their best players go, unless its nothing they can do (like Asomugha) so getting a WR or OT that way is a lot harder (and probably more expensive). Maybe RT in FA is possible.

I agree that taking Kalil so early isn't so exciting, but if he is as good as they say he is...gotta take him and protect Sam.

3. Lesson Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of the Rams adding at least one WR in FA or the draft.

A WR corps of:

Lloyd
    Pettis
    Salas
    Amendola
    [Drafted or WR signed in FA]
    Curry

Doesn't look too bad, does it?

Picture how amazing the defense would be if the Rams improved in the front 7.

Offensive line needs to be addressed, but IMO, that can be filled in FA.

4. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I didn't say that they should draft a 1st rounder on the o-line. I don't do those evaluations until the the season is way over. I just think that the OL IS the biggest need and it won't be fixed by UDFA's. I would take the best player whether it be Kalil or Blackmon, or... If you saw my earlier post, I said that a playmaker is a huge need, along with DT. I've been saying we needed a playmaker for 3 years now, why the freak hasn't it happened?

5. Lesson Well-Known Member

I love Steven Jackson.
    I love how he plays the game.
    I love how he's handled himself since his holdout.
    I would love for him to play his whole career as a Ram in St. Louis.

However, I wouldn't be against the idea of trading Jackson depending on the return.

6. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Yeah, I'm w/ you. Blackmon/Jeffery, Lloyd, Amendola, Salas, Miller. Plus Kendricks. Keep Miller for PR.

I don' count Curry since he's just a ST guy.

I think this D is already pretty good. They just need a break from the O.

7. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

There would have to be at least a mid level first round pick involved for me to even think about it, to draft a replacement.

8. Lesson Well-Known Member

You'd want Pettis gone? I believe he's proven himself to be apart of the future.

I think the Rams are closer to having a great defense than they are offense, which, depending on how you look at it, is pretty much a complete 180 turn from 2008.

I just don't like the idea of having starting OLBs of Chambo and Poppinga, and starting an aging player at DT.

9. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Why hasn't it happened? Beats the crap out of me. I made a post a few days ago about why it has been REALLY difficult for this team to get ahold of a difference maker at receiver. I mean, if you look around the league, where are they? Torrey Smith is about the only one I've seen that the Rams would have had the opportunity to draft. Free Agent wide receivers aren't doing crap either, and there haven't been any available to the Rams at all. Not in 2009, not in 2010, and not this year. The best receivers in the league have been the ones that got re-signed by their respective teams.

10. superfan24 Well-Known Member

Would be one of my saddest days as a Rams fan to see him go onto a different team. He is the heart and soul of the franchise and idc what anyone offers for him. RAM FOR LIFE

11. Lesson Well-Known Member

The Rams opted for Pettis/Salas over Smith. I'm not going to complain about that, as I see both being a part of the Rams for a long time.

12. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Oh no, sorry I forgot to put his name up. Chombers has been pretty good lately. He's made some good plays.

13. Lesson Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Chambo starting if it meant Poppinga was gone or backing up someone.

14. Lesson Well-Known Member

My question is, would the Rams help themselves in the long run if they underwent a rebuild or try to fix the current holes on the team?

15. DR RAM Rams Lifer

We need to look at RB playmakers too. We missed on Gilyard, he seems, in my recollection, as the only playmaker that we've tried to get. Salas has potential as a playmaker. I want a change of pace speed back and we need to start to look at the future there. And we have to find a pure burner at WR.

16. Lesson Well-Known Member

I'd agree with that, too. I'd love to fill most of the needs through the draft instead of signing players that appear to be way past their prime in FA.

17. DR RAM Rams Lifer

We're still in re-build....

18. Lesson Well-Known Member

There's a difference between what happened with the team in the 08-09 and 09-10 offseasons than there is with the 10-11 offseason.

I am talking major rebuild...

19. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

Continue building, we have talent, we can see that in flashes. Quinn, Pettis today, Salas showed flashes after a poor start, Sam has flashes, even Kendricks had some flashes, including today.... Stewart as well.

We don't have depth, if we had depth and didn't have half our roster in the hospital we could develop younger players more. There's talent, it's just not polished enough, I think we need to continue to build, at least for another year. Then we can start to talk about replacement of front office personnel.

We are a few holes, and a healthy roster away from competing with just about anyone in my opinion.

20. DR RAM Rams Lifer

It's going to feel like a major rebuild this offseason. There will be tons of changes. This team is full of under-performing, untalented, overpaid, and injury prone players.