Rams vs Cardinals: Official Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Cant produce a game winning drive, AT HOME, against the Cards? For shame. Not only that, but they go 3 and out. The Cards ran a screen on their must have 3rd down possession, and they gave it "to the little guy" on their next 3rd down and got em both for the win.
Why not give Jax a try on a screen?? WHy not roll Sam out with Jax as an option?? Why not run a 2 back set with Norwood and Jax? You know, give the D a different look??
SOrry, but Jackson has NO incentive to stay. He's loyal and noble... and I commend him for that. But he deserves better than this.

Skelton made big plays and him running it for the 1st on 3rd and long was something Bradford has not done in a long time, if ever. The Defense gave the offense plenty of chances to make things happen and they found ways to foul it up yet again. Bradford is a nice guy and all.... but you have Lloyd and Jax on your team, you need to MAKE PLAYS HAPPEN. Stop being the victim out there.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lesson said:
Some of you might disagree, but WR and OL aren't the largest needs that have to he filled in the offseason.

DT and LB are.
To me, OL, and DT are the biggest needs, along with a legit playmaker. OL is the clear #1, there are soo many needs/questions there.

Oh well... :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:
Some of you might disagree, but WR and OL aren't the largest needs that have to he filled in the offseason.

DT and LB are.

If we can get our CB back healthy next year, I'm thinking the Rams go Kalil, and then try to restructure Smith and move him to Guard, release Bell and Brown, and go with an O-Line of Kalil-Smith-Wragge or whatever his name is (maybe?) Dahl-Saffold

Then in the second round on they can get DT's and other guys to shore up the defense. Sam is going to need more than 1-2 seconds though.
I think I'm done seeing the line get addressed. It's time for playmakers. If anything, bring in 5 or 6 UDFA linemen and let them duke it out, and sign someone in free agency. The only way for this team to become competitive on offense is to get some guys in here who can break a game open. JMO.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

If we can get our CB back healthy next year, I'm thinking the Rams go Kalil, and then try to restructure Smith and move him to Guard, release Bell and Brown, and go with an O-Line of Kalil-Smith-Wragge or whatever his name is (maybe?) Dahl-Saffold

Then in the second round on they can get DT's and other guys to shore up the defense. Sam is going to need more than 1-2 seconds though.

Bell is a FA after this season. Brown is as good as gone, I think.

I'm all for trading down if Devaney believes it will improve the Rams and it garners them more picks.

I am also all for Josh Brown going to the curb in FA. I'd rather give a young kicker a shot then over pay for Brown.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

I think I'm done seeing the line get addressed. It's time for playmakers. If anything, bring in 5 or 6 UDFA linemen and let them duke it out, and sign someone in free agency. The only way for this team to become competitive on offense is to get some guys in here who can break a game open. JMO.

Amen.

Saffold can stay at LT, move Smith to guard.

In free agency, figure out what to do at C and RT.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RealRamsFan said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

So you think our defense is more dismal than our offense who scored two tds twice all season?

Strange?!
I don't know that it's "strange", because we DO need a good defensive tackle (or two). However, I tend to agree with you that offense is the side of the ball that needs work. And players.

Lesson

Oh, really?
RealRamsFan said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

So you think our defense is more dismal than our offense who scored two tds twice all season?

Strange?!

What can you expect on offense in all seriousness?

Sam, it seems, hasn't adapted yet to McDaniels offense, the big time guard that was signed is now playing tackle, the big money center is now at guard and both starting tackles are on IR.

Not to mention Amendola is out for the year(which I might be over estimating how important he is) and Jackson has missed some time.

The run defense is terrible. I am willing to give the secondary an excuse due to injuries, but the DL is the exact same as it was last season except Bannan is here and Selvie is gone.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

I'm all for trading down if Devaney believes it will improve the Rams and it garners them more picks.

I am also all for Josh Brown going to the curb in FA. I'd rather give a young kicker a shot then over pay for Brown.
Actually, Devaney's done a decent job in rounds 1-3, but 4 and beyond it gets horrible. If Devaney stays, I'd rather him keep the pick, because at least then we'd be getting a good player. Hoping to get a pretty good player later in round one and then another with an extra 4 rounder wont work here.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lesson said:
RealRamsFan said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

Strange?!

What can you expect on offense in all seriousness?

Sam, it seems, hasn't adapted yet to McDaniels offense, the big time guard that was signed is now playing tackle, the big money center is now at guard and both starting tackles are on IR.

Not to mention Amendola is out for the year(which I might be over estimating how important he is) and Jackson has missed some time.

The run defense is terrible. I am willing to give the secondary an excuse due to injuries, but the DL is the exact same as it was last season except Bannan is here and Selvie is gone.
Doesn't that scream that we need offensive lineman, including the fact that Jacob Bell is a free agent.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

No, they aren't. Well, @ least the top needs they aren't. Any defense that can lose all the guys they have to IR so early and still rank top 10 (yes top 10) in pass D, and before today and after Dallas had better run D, well it says something.

They need an OT, b/c of Jason Smith's concussion issues. And they need a legit #1 WR like Blackmon, Jeffery. Gibson, great worker, great guy, but he has had far too many drops and hasn't been anything near the hype. DX, again great worker, great guy...just not reliable w/ his injuries. It may be best to cut him loose and give the oppurtunity to someone who can play in all 16 games. Lloyd is nice and all, but he also had his drops but def. worth keeping.

Blackmon/Jeffery, Salas, Amendola, Salas, Pettis/Miller. Then w/ Kendricks' development...nice set @ the skill posistion. IDK who the 2nd round WR guys are, but Kalil is also a legit option.

Lesson

Oh, really?
brokeu91 said:
Lesson said:
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

Actually, Devaney's done a decent job in rounds 1-3, but 4 and beyond it gets horrible. If Devaney stays, I'd rather him keep the pick, because at least then we'd be getting a good player. Hoping to get a pretty good player later in round one and then another with an extra 4 rounder wont work here.

I know that Devaney hasn't been great in the latter part of the draft, but he has found some gems(including Jabara). I just don't exactly agree with some of the decisions he has made regarding their placement on the roster(example: Keeping Leber over Jabara).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
I know that Devaney hasn't been great in the latter part of the draft, but he has found some gems(including Jabara). I just don't exactly agree with some of the decisions he has made regarding their placement on the roster(example: Keeping Leber over Jabara).
That's not Devaney's call. Spagnuolo forms the roster. However, if these guys are back again next year, I suspect some of that power is going to be removed from Spags. A President of Football Operations, or even the GM, could have more say in who stays and who goes.

superfan24

Starter
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

Completely agreed X, hate to see this team spend more on the o-line. Maybe dt, but not o-line

Lesson

Oh, really?
Angry Ram said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

No, they aren't. Well, @ least the top needs they aren't. Any defense that can lose all the guys they have to IR so early and still rank top 10 (yes top 10) in pass D, and before today and after Dallas had better run D, well it says something.

They need an OT, b/c of Jason Smith's concussion issues. And they need a legit #1 WR like Blackmon, Jeffery. Gibson, great worker, great guy, but he has had far too many drops and hasn't been anything near the hype. DX, again great worker, great guy...just not reliable w/ his injuries. It may be best to cut him loose and give the oppurtunity to someone who can play in all 16 games. Lloyd is nice and all, but he also had his drops but def. worth keeping.

Blackmon/Jeffery, Salas, Amendola, Salas, Pettis/Miller. Then w/ Kendricks' development...nice set @ the skill posistion. IDK who the 2nd round WR guys are, but Kalil is also a legit option.

As I said, the secondary is something I'm willing to give an excuse to. Gordy seems decent.

But look at the DT. Scott is the youngest player at that position. Robbins is aging, Bannan seems like he can be kept around for another season or two.

I know the Rams need weapons at WR, and help on the OL, but I believe those can be filled in FA.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
That's not Devaney's call. Spagnuolo forms the roster. However, if these guys are back again next year, I suspect some of that power is going to be removed from Spags. A President of Football Operations, or even the GM, could have more say in who stays and who goes.

I forgot about Spags having say in forming the 53 man roster. My bad.

Anyways, I do believe Spags will be back next year, along with Devaney, but both, I think, will be on a shorter leash.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Like X has said, I do not know if it is worth taking an OL that high in the 1st unless he is like Joe Thomas. except at RT.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
superfan24 said:
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
Lesson said:

DT and LB are.

Completely agreed X, hate to see this team spend more on the o-line. Maybe dt, but not o-line
So you bring in 5 or 6 UDFA OL'man, that's great, but how many of them actually make the roster, maybe 1 of them, 2 would be a minor miracle. The math doesn't work out, there are way too many needs left there. Even if those guys make the roster, it puts more rookies on the offensive line. Even top picks struggle.

We will have to draft, try to find UDFA's, and sign FA's to try to fix the line. It sucks, nobody likes it, but there it is.

Lesson

Oh, really?
DR RAM said:
So you bring in 5 or 6 UDFA OL'man, that's great, but how many of them actually make the roster, maybe 1 of them, 2 would be a minor miracle. The math doesn't work out, there are way too many needs left there. Even if those guys make the roster, it puts more rookies on the offensive line. Even top picks struggle.

We will have to draft, try to find UDFA's, and sign FA's to try to fix the line. It sucks, nobody likes it, but there it is.

The thing is, once you sign 20 UDFAs, your chances of finding a gem go up, right?

I know it's not likely, but I would be as happy finding a WR who can be a Pro Bowl caliber type WR in UDFA as I would be if he was drafted in the first round. Samething applies with OL, and hopefully Hughes can turn into something.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:

Here's my line of thinking on that. Say they draft a OT in the first round. Great. Now they have the tackle they want. But they lose out on a true playmaking wide receiver. Now if the OL has to get shuffled around again, or they don't do as well as you expect, who do you have on offense who can bail out Bradford? Right now he has Lloyd. If next year he has Lloyd, Salas and Blackmon/Jeffery, then he has more options. I think it would be a grave error to go into next season with just Lloyd, Salas and Pettis. They need two legitimate wide receivers on the perimeters.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I'm just tired of seeing a lack of explosive players on offense.