Rams uni poll for fans (UNDER 40 yrs of age)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Are you generally pleased with the new uniforms?

• Yes

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Being a 40 year old dude who doesn’t much care about uniforms in general and think we won’t give a shit How we look if we are winning games every week .... I actually love the uniforms

EasyE

Starter

there seems to be a lot of push back against the name patches on the jerseys.

let me be clear here, i love them. i reckon they make the jersey look so much better.

it's like back in the day when fox introduced the score and downs in the corner of the screen when they first won the rights to telecast football games. the other networks laughed at the new guys because it looked so corny to them. within a year they were all doing it.

sometimes something just makes sense.

all that crap on the screen now makes the viewing area the size of a 13" tv

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I find it hilarious how moms and kids are the perceived demographic for these new uniforms. I’ve read shit like “my kids live them.” Well fuck your kids if that’s the criteria we have to meet in today’s world where we give a big fuck you to true fans who love this team (Insert Chill button here)

What is happening to football? The pussification of what was once a decent sport enjoyed by both men, women, and kids knows no ends now. It’s like having men’s and women's bathrooms wasn’t easy enough to understand, they had to create unisex bathrooms so as not to offend the 0.01% that have both sets of parts. I had to use one of those “non-offensive” unisex bathrooms at a Zankou falafel place in Glendale and the toilet had piss all over the toilet seat - And I thought, how is a female supposed to go to the restroom on that? That sorta mess was reserved for the men’s bathrooms, where guys piss all over the lid on purpose. But women they keep their public restrooms pretty damn clean. You know cause we as men have all had that emergency where we had to pop into the female bathroom to take an urgent leak and marveled at how they actually flush toilets. But no, that wasn’t good enough to leave alone — some fruitcake had to suggest eliminating the concept of men and women. Well guys what — it doesn’t fucking work

I mean, have the powers that be (in this case the Rams Org) taken the 95% of men and women who actually watch the game for what it is, so much for granted that they’ve catered to a mythical 5% who don’t give a fuck? That’s the only thing I can think about when someone drops some bullshit about “tradition being the enemy of progress” — granted that may look good in a fortune cookie or a bumper sticker but it’s absolute bullshit. Nobody said, don’t change the uniforms. Nobody said “don’t change the colors.” Nobody fucking said that. Nobody suggested that we go back to leather fucking helmets so get that shit outta here.

But is it too much to ask not to make our uniforms look like the Solid Gold dancers? Or Kids toys? I mean all we asked for was that they look tough.

What’s happened here is a lot of over-thinking. Like someone needed to find a way of capturing that mythical unicorn of Super Bowl commercial and Halftime Show audience Full time. I mean - Why so we even have this poll to begin with? It’s fucking bullshit

You guys know that store Michaels, right? It is a craft store. Mostly females but you find yourself going in from time to time to get a picture framed or to get some supplies for little Timmy’s class project etc. You don’t see Michael’s revamping their corporate ID to appeal to kids, or to men. Cause they aren’t fucking stupid and overthinking shit to the point of becoming a joke.

Here is proof.
I have read shit about how the uniforms capture the sand from hr beach. The sand??? Fuck off.

Why in the fuck is anyone considering the beaches of Los Angeles? There are no fucking beaches in Los Angeles unless you count that strip of dirt at the end of the runway at LAX. For anyone to be conceptualizing football uniforms to articulate sandy beaches is fucked. It’s pure fuckery

This regime overthought things so much in their attempt to personify LA and to appeal to some mythical base of dans that it has turned the best uniforms in the NFL into a laughing stock. Sorry but it’s true. And now there are rumors of yet more uniform changes in the next few years. It’s a nightmare come true.

I guess this poll is just mean to gauge reactions from fans like me - fans that are old enough to see a thing or two and weigh in on what we think of the teams approach, cause people 40 and above have seen a thing or two. You know, like New Coke or Al Capones vaults. Well i have seen enough to know that these uniforms will eventually be replaced in a few years with ones deemed by the higher ups at corporate as “traditional.”

And then quotes will follow like “culture grows on the vines of tradition” or some other bullshit to erase the memory of this insane move by our Rams.

Heaven help us.
Go Rams

Dude, I love you. One of the best posts ever written. Throw Fantasy Football into the mix for those who can't appreciate the game in and of itself and you have summarized the current NFL perfectly. How on earth, as a Rams fan, am I supposed to be happy that Russel Wilson "scored me 30 points in my fantasy league" as my Rams lose a game, FFS?!?!?!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How on earth, as a Rams fan, am I supposed to be happy that Russel Wilson "scored me 30 points in my fantasy league" as my Rams lose a game, FFS?!?!?!

very easily, don't draft him. or anybody from the division.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
very easily, don't draft him. or anybody from the division.

Or, as I see it, stay away from fantasy football altogether. And, I'm good with that. It only becomes bothersome when it seems that the fantasy leagues come to the forefront and push the actual games aside. And, in my opinion, that happens way too often on broadcast TV because the league makes so much money on it. ;)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
all that crap on the screen now makes the viewing area the size of a 13" tv

fantasy football is a big money maker for the league and networks. so they cater for them.

fantasy football fans are strange people. they probably only watch the redzone channel. all they care about is their fantasy team. probably never sat down and watched a full game in their life. they can only judge a player by the box score. the worst kind of fan.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
The gradient is the #1 thing that I dislike about the jerseys. They look unprofessional to me. If they would have stuck with yellow all the way through the jersey would look so much better.

I kinda dig the bone colored jersey. If they match those with yellow pants then that would look better as well.

I’m not really into the horn on the helmet but that might grow on me depending on how they look on the field.

Overall I give the jerseys 6/10.

EasyE

Starter
fantasy football is a big money maker for the league and networks. so they cater for them.

fantasy football fans are strange people. they probably only watch the redzone channel. all they care about is their fantasy team. probably never sat down and watched a full game in their life. they can only judge a player by the box score. the worst kind of fan.

i played for over 15 years....it actually made me a better fan...i watched games i would never have watched....actually too many games....burnout ensued......never even watched that Red Zone thing....mindless....

now i just spend time figuring out how to accept the new uni's!...lol

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i played for over 15 years....it actually made me a better fan...i watched games i would never have watched....actually too many games....burnout ensued......never even watched that Red Zone thing....mindless....

i'm not talking about football fans that play fantasy football. i'm talking about people that only watch football because they want to see how the players on their teams are going. they're only fans of fantasy football. they couldn't give a rat's arse about any team in the league.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah never had an issue with it. I agree it’s made me a bigger fan of dports and have no problem with it even as I’m playing in fewer leagues. It’s brought more people into watching sports so not sure how it’s a bad thing.
side note this threads has been derailed

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I voted no and I'm over 70. But I may change my mind after I have seen them on the field. I didn't like the idea of the color burst, but it became one of my favorites. Us older ones sometimes act like Monk!!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
After watching that video with Kupp and Woods , I'll admit , the blue uniforms look much more duller and washed out in color then I would have thought after looking at their release photos

this madden video is probably closer to what they will actually look like

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebcE2u1siVk

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I paint miniatures a lot for a table top game.....(I'm a tweener....nerd and jock combined). There is a thing we call "table top quality" for paint details. In your hand and in a photo, the model will show more flaws and look too bright or not enough depending on your skill level with a brush.

On the Table, it will look different because you are playing the game 3 to 4 feet away from each model. Models "ALWAYS" look better on the table.

I wonder if that design concept was used for these uniforms. It would make sense for them to look extremely bright, have details that your eyes sees differently than they will on the field.

I dislike the cartoony highlights on the jersey numbers. Combined with the bright colors and shiny helmets, it looks "softer" than I would have expected, but maybe on the field our eyes will see these details differently.

Maybe the Rams uniforms are meant for "Table Top" quality?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They are growing on me, but still could have been much better by staying classic in some ways (keeping the curl & no gradiant numbers), while also adding the modern touches like bone road colors and the new royal blue colors to helmets and jerseys.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm really kind of "meh" about them, neither love nor hate, but was hoping to be blown away with awesomeness. They might grow on me once I see them on the field. I'd say the odds of that are above 50%, just don't know how far.

I understand the difficulty they were dealing with, they wanted something new and bold and still wanted to respect the tradition. What would have put me in the "blown away" column were the blue/white combo that someone posted yesterday (reposted below so you don't have to go hunting). These, IMO, threaded the needle perfectly between tradition, having a look not unlike one of their iconic LA uniforms while still looking modern. Not saying the current unis don't do that to some degree, but these ones do it better.

1589815476602.png

EasyE

Starter
that is a different yellow in madden than on the Rams release video....depends on which is real...i would think the Rams official video was made correct.....the yellow is almost neon in Official video.....i prefer a darker version....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
52. I will say our helmets are going to fuckin ROCK. Love what they did with them.

But the rest... I think they'll tweak the jerseys down the road and get the look perfect. Better shoulders on both jerseys and a blue stripe on the bone pants and I'd have zero complaints. (y)

Merlin, you need to go to the other thread, not this one. Only the young - and therefore cool - folks are allowed here. :p ;)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
For me , it's not a matter of liking or disliking

It's a matter of just not understanding them

The blue jersey has a different design then the bone jersey

And then you go out of your way to reinvent the horn. and then not actually use on either jersey.

The stripe on the blue jersey could have easily been turned into the new horn .

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Merlin, you need to go to the other thread, not this one. Only the young - and therefore cool - folks are allowed here. :p ;)

Oh shit, this geezer here made the same mistake.

My excuse (and Merlin's)? We're old and we get lost sometimes. Now get off my lawn!