Rams trying to extend Snisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Per Adam Schefter, Rams trying to extend the contracts of Jeff Fisher and Les Snead before the season starts.

I hope this isn't a mistake.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel like Contract extensions mean nothing for coaches though. You can still be fired at any time.

Athos

Legend
Not sure why you'd do that with a perennial loser that still hasn't proven he can win consistently in this league. QB or not, Fisher is still the textbook definition of mediocre as a coach.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I could see an extension to 2019 when the new stadium is done. If they haven't done it by then, you clean house for a fresh start in a new stadium.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Per Adam Schefter, Rams trying to extend the contracts of Jeff Fisher and Les Snead before the season starts.

I hope this isn't a mistake.

I hope that it's not true!

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
How anyone could extend Fisher's contract is the definition of lunacy.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
KyIU51m.gif

TXRams86

The Infamous
I'd like to keep Snead, the guy can draft. Fisher? No thanks. I'd rather have Coughlin who doesn't put up with the type of bs play Fisher is known for.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Not sure why you'd do that with a perennial loser that still hasn't proven he can win consistently in this league. QB or not, Fisher is still the textbook definition of mediocre as a coach.

There I fixed it.... :sneaky::whistle:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'd wait till the end of the season personally. Why not? If he goes 7-9 again then move on, if we go 9-7 or better, give him a two year extension.

Snead should stay regardless.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I say do it. Fisher is not the problem. Offensive play calling needs to improve, but he will take us to a Super Bowl and win.

The Fisher haters out in force tonight!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am fine with it. Continuity is proven to work in the NFL.

He had a good run at Tennessee for about an 8 year stretch.

If there was someone better waiting around for the job, then I would be interested. Coughlin is too old and Cowherd isn't coming back. I don't want Lovie, and don't like the idea of testing out young first timer coaches like Linehan, and Spags again. Maybe Mike Holmgren wants the job! No thanks.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Lets look at this this way:

Fisher wont except 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 nor even 10-6!! So if he doesnt do better, dont extend him!! its that simple.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think people still underestimate the impact that players have in this game. Where would the Patriots have been without Brady and Gronk in a pussy division? Pete Carroll was a mediocre coach with the good defense, until Russell Wilson.

McCarthy has had great QB play and a savvy GM. Payton has a QB and can bring you offensive ingenuity all day but hasn't got a clue about defense. Hue Jackson is off the table now. The Rams passed on Rivera and he is locked up. No thanks to Harbaugh, even though he did actually do more with less than any current coach I can think of.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We are fortunate to have Fish running the team. I hope the extension is signed asap.

I'm happy to see us taking the Continuity Road... that's the only one that leads to real long term success. We no longer have the Throw Shit Against The Wall / Knee Jerk management philosophy. THANK GOD!!!

…..

Legend
odds are something good should happen every 10-12 years so we're closer than 4 years ago!

…..

Legend
Just out of curiosity....anyone swayed either way by the one episode of Hard Knocks that we have seen?

I'm usually pretty level headed and need a pretty solid baseline to formulate my opinions, but I got to be honest, I'm more confident after seeing how Fisher handled his business in the one episode.

Key reasons.... when he said....."Trust me, I know what I am doing." and "That was some 7 and 9 bullshit right there"