Rams tried to sign Eifert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I don't think we offered $12 million. That's what I'm saying.

I figured that but I'd be shocked if we didn't. Snead was confident he'd resign and between the combine and industry grapevine Snead had to know hed get at least that kind of interest as the consensus top wideout in FA. If they werent in the ballpark I think we would have heard something sooner about him going to kc.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I figured that but I'd be shocked if we didn't. Snead was confident he'd resign and between the combine and industry grapevine Snead had to know hed get at least that kind of interest as the consensus top wideout in FA. If they werent in the ballpark I think we would have heard something sooner about him going to kc.

Was Snead confident he'd re-sign, or was it an act?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was Snead confident he'd re-sign, or was it an act?

It's of course in the Rams' interest that if they weren't going to sign Watkins themselves, that other teams would think there was more competition for him. The higher salary helps make sure the Rams get as high a comp pick as possible, and a team blowing more of their cap space on Watkins might mean less competition for another player the Rams want. And it's not like Watkins and his agent were about to say "Oh, the Rams' offer just isn't competitive".

dang

Legend
Looking at contract details - in reality KC committed to 2 years for $34M. Year 3 would pay $14M but it is not guaranteed. If we tagged Sammy it would have been $16M for 1 year. I think we would have had to offer at least $14M/year with guaranteed money more than $34M - or - even better tagged Sammy for $16M and negotiate a better deal during the season outside of this insane FA Frenzy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Tavon was a joke at RB so RB has to be looked at
Disagree with this. Tavon is a damn fine change of pace RB IMO. He is just too small for anything more than 5-10 touches per game back there.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A Farewell to rAms...
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail (1).jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Disagree with this. Tavon is a damn fine change of pace RB IMO. He is just too small for anything more than 5-10 touches per game back there.

No Darren Sproles is the real deal.

For The Rams it didn’t cost them anything extra to keep. Tavon has a good skill set. You put him in extra space he has a chance to take it to the house.

His stutter step though is a bad habit.Slows his speed down , than just hitting the hole.

His size of 155 is the bigger issue than height.

There is a reason he resigned. I’ll give him loyalty first & most. Tavon is a good dude & hard worked. His open market value is not that good , & under McCay he has a coach & system he is comfortable with.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

After the trades there was a chance. Not until then really. Next year The Rams should be happy they went that route of not signing him.

He should have a 1,200 yard season with KC