Rams tried to sign Eifert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
You can’t count on someone that’s not dressed - Unreliable.
Yes. Of course. I agree with you.

I was just pointing out that Snead used the word “unreliable” to refer to players who had a history of being healthy but couldn’t be counted upon.

The way baroo uses the word “unreliable” makes perfect sense. Snead uses the same word in a way that makes perfect sense too, but it has a slightly different meaning. That’s all, carry on

Ram65

Legend
Liked Eifert coming out of ND. Risk reward would have been interesting.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not at the price the Packers paid. It's interesting that it seems like McVay prefers adding a receiving TE over a WR to replace Watkins. Regardless, he appears to want a big body (if we base it on their interest in Eifert and Pryor).

Tavon restructured, & The Rams have an open spot at TE. It’s not about what he likes more.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon restructured, & The Rams have an open spot at TE. It’s not about what he likes more.

It is about what he likes more. Watkins and Carrier are gone. Which position does it seem like McVay is more intent on filling?

dang

Legend
I loved the idea of Sammy Watkins. For the Rams he was a very good red zone/over the middle receiver. As a deep threat I remember 2 catches of significance all season. If we draft a receiver with speed/good hands (see Michael Gallup - Colorado St) - we can replace Sammy over the middle with Josh Reynolds/Draft pick. We can replace Sammy as a deep threat with Mike Thomas/Draft pick. All of these options are miles below $16M cap hit. Done is done.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Seems like the Rams want to move to more 2 TE sets with the loss of Sammy by going after Eifert and Burton. Im fine with that, but it seems like the enticing FA options are gone unless they see something in Ebron. Rams have also been pretty active talking to TEs in the draft. I don't see how adding yet another young TE we need to develop helps at all. I would prefer they don't go that route.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Die hard Notre Dame fan here and I for one am relieved Eifert didn’t go to Hollywood.
Irish have a history of solid TE and he was pretty soft.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams lost their "go to" guy over the middle when SW walked. Higbee can't hang onto the ball, Everrett can't get open and expecting light framed Reynolds to suddenly start snagging balls over the middle is a pipe dream. Lots of work for these guys before they can be depended upon over the middle. It's why McVay is looking at other TE's. I sure hope he finds someone.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It is about what he likes more. Watkins and Carrier are gone. Which position does it seem like McVay is more intent on filling?

He was a TE coach & Waldron worked the combine as the TE coach. He is also the passing coach. My guess is they get a TE before a WR. I think the WR group is solid .

Tavon was a joke at RB so RB has to be looked at.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams lost their "go to" guy over the middle when SW walked. Higbee can't hang onto the ball, Everrett can't get open and expecting light framed Reynolds to suddenly start snagging balls over the middle is a pipe dream. Lots of work for these guys before they can be depended upon over the middle. It's why McVay is looking at other TE's. I sure hope he finds someone.

Kupp is the go to guy over the middle. He was last year too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seems like the Rams want to move to more 2 TE sets with the loss of Sammy by going after Eifert and Burton. Im fine with that, but it seems like the enticing FA options are gone unless they see something in Ebron. Rams have also been pretty active talking to TEs in the draft. I don't see how adding yet another young TE we need to develop helps at all. I would prefer they don't go that route.

They do, and McVay said as much after the season. He wanted more 12 personnel ability even before it was clear they'd lose Watkins.

Looking at his offenses in Washington they were just short of that 20% mark in 12 personnel snaps. Obviously they didn't have the horses to do that this past season. They have TALENT in that TE room, but yeah it's too bad they didn't manage to upgrade the room in FA.

Right now I'm a bit worried about Gesicki at 23. I know they're probably set on defense there due to value, but our head coach is an offensive dude so we'll see how things break down. Want some damn linebackers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kupp is the go to guy over the middle. He was last year too.

To call Reynolds small framed is Freaking Crazy !! His catch range is pretty special imo.

Like you jrry32 I was a big fan of a couple WR from the Senior Bowl. I know you were The Total Copper Kupp guy , but I was a Zan & Reynolds guy as well.

After watching Sammy last season , I came away very disappointed from a guy so talented.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They do, and McVay said as much after the season. He wanted more 12 personnel ability even before it was clear they'd lose Watkins.

Looking at his offenses in Washington they were just short of that 20% mark in 12 personnel snaps. Obviously they didn't have the horses to do that this past season. They have TALENT in that TE room, but yeah it's too bad they didn't manage to upgrade the room in FA.

Right now I'm a bit worried about Gesicki at 23. I know they're probably set on defense there due to value, but our head coach is an offensive dude so we'll see how things break down. Want some damn linebackers.

A veteran mentor is something McVay really likes . To think Higbee & Everett won’t get better would be naïve.
I don’t think The Rams go TE to early , unless they trade back like last season.
A running back could be in the cards at some point later in the draft ?
Right now LBer is for sure the top of the list , especially after they filled the CB spot.
A offensive line has to be as well.

—I think The Rams coaches such as Joe Barry , Waldron , & Kromer are totally dialed in on the draft. The Rams Will find some serious talent.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Woods got 39 mil over 5 yrs, most of is were thinking about that #, Rams will never say
train

8 mil a year for Watkins? I don't know about that. In the last week of January Snead said he felt confident about resigning Sammy and he had to know that at least a couple teams were going to offer at least 12 or 13. Plus mcvay said there were a lot of teams offering high numbers when asked about the chiefs offer so I dont think they would have been that far behind a handful of offers. My best guess is at least 12 mil. Wouldnt be surprised about 13. The fact that it took as long as it did shows the rams were closer than we think.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8 mil a year for Watkins? I don't know about that. In the last week of January Snead said he felt confident about resigning Sammy and he had to know that at least a couple teams were going to offer at least 12 or 13. Plus mcvay said there were a lot of teams offering high numbers when asked about the chiefs offer so I dont think they would have been that far behind a handful of offers. My best guess is at least 12 mil. Wouldnt be surprised about 13. The fact that it took as long as it did shows the rams were closer than we think.

I still have my doubts that we came anywhere close to a competitive offer. McVay and co. don't seem desperate to sign a WR.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I still have my doubts that we came anywhere close to a competitive offer. McVay and co. don't seem desperate to sign a WR.

I wouldnt call 12 mil a competitive offer when kc drops 16.