Rams' Tre Mason: I'll compete for starting job/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Fish is old school. I thought Stacy was our best back in preseason last year, but he still didn't get a start untill game 5.

Besides having to pick up all the protections, Mason will have to totally seperate from the pack to earn a start. My guess is Stacy starts opening day.

Excellent observation. Thread winner.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm not sure what everyone else was seeing but i thought there was a pretty fair drop in productivity when stacy went off the field. sure cunningham had that good game against the bears, but which rb didn't?

stacy has by far the best vision of the rbs that suited up last season. he found holes the others simply couldn't, or made holes that weren't there.

one of mason's strong suits is his vision running through the middle.

what the rams want to achieve is to have the same productivity no matter who is out there as the rb. so stacy and mason should complement each other very well. cunningham is the wild card two years removed from his injury and pead hopefully gets his head in the right place to contribute to this good looking crop of rbs for the rams.

FRO

Legend
Had Stacy not emerged as a good RB I would have been pounding the table for Mason in the second. He was my favorite back of the class. I love our young trio of backs with Stacy, Cunningham, and Mason. Running the ball will be our strength.