Rams trade for Austin Corbett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Heck, yur snow blower dealer is better than Demby!
1571176727514.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love this trade. Corbett is the type of guy that Kromer is great at developing (intelligent college OT with good feet and great hand strength). I liked him a lot as a prospect, and I'm surprised he hasn't become a better player to this point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Liked him coming out of college a lot, but that’s also home market bias, and would have liked him coming here. He’s struggled in Cleveland but then so has everybody there which could be for many reasons such as culture and coaching. Excited to see what he brings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also I’m hearing it’s a day 3 2020 pick.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Browns didn’t even want him so can’t say I’ll get too hyped over this until I see results.
It’s the browns .. they are starting Greg Robinson after years of film of the dude I probably know more about online players than they do ... if Kromer wants him I’m good with it

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Corbett has a path to start at LG, Demby is not playing well. Good pickup.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Austin Corbett counts $531,717 against the 2019 CAP

Kenny Young counts $368,824 against the 2019 CAP

Both are extremely inexpensive and both are signed thru the end of 2021.

Peters was out the door following this season anyway ...

Rams available CAP is now at $7,437,558.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
—Overall good athlete with the right build (6'4", 306 lbs) to play anywhere from left guard to right tackle in the NFL.
—Lateral agility is great, and he plays with the burst and body control to be exceptional as a pulling guard.
—One scout called him a finesse player, but the tape shows a finisher with a mean mentality in the run game.

sounds like a zone scheme blocker

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The real question is if Corbett will at least dress up for the Falcons game. He's gonna have to get acclimated to the playbook before we place him in the trenches

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The real question is if Corbett will at least dress up for the Falcons game. He's gonna have to get acclimated to the playbook before we place him in the trenches
Theyre probably rushing to get him to practice tomorrow

oldnotdead

Legend
Don't be so quick to have him replacing Allen. Corbett is built like a OG and that is where the need is. He's 6'4" . around 300 lbs or a bit more, with 33" arms. I think Corbett is more polished than the guys they have. His only glaring weakness coming out of college was technique and strength. Things he hopefully improved upon last year.

I'm not surprised Peters got traded. He played himself out of a contract extension with his constant freelancing. This frees up a lot of money. I suspect it's David Long time. I would rather have a rookie making rookie mistakes as he tried to play the scheme, than a CB who refuses to play the scheme. Long term David is a much better fit for this scheme. In the immediate I guess it will be Long and Hill outside.

Convert Gervase to CB and they will have two fast CBs on the boundaries which they have lacked. Look for Kenny Young to replace Hager. Young brings speed and I expect him to play the ILB spot next to Littleton. They have lacked a true cover ILB and hopefully that is what Young brings.

You have to like Snead's refusal to stand pat and willingness to shake things up.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've always been a fan of Corbett. He's a talented offensive guard, and I hope he gets the starting job.

Now hopefully the rest of the O-line can step it up.