Rams to release Blake Countess

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder how much of a pay cut?
Haven’t seen that but I’d have to guess somewhere around the vet minimum. I’d wager Hill and Christian will see the same.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I mentioned he would likely be gone and someone said that was crazy.

Makes way too much for a deep reserve/STs guy. Nick Scott is making this team. Cheap core special teamer & reserve safety with athletic upside.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
2 million dollar savings....Troy Hill could be next.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Hill has more value as a CB, I am thinking Christian is next.

Rapp plays same role and Travian Howard also could fill his role.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think we keep Hill, he's a good ST player and a decent CB. Some people think he's terrible but his grades were a lot better than Peters for most of the season. It's hard to find decent backups, so hopefully we don't cut him if we don't need to.

Anyone know whats going on with Sam Shields? That guy was an ace on ST last year, we could and should keep him if at all possible.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Hill has more value as a CB, I am thinking Christian is next.

Rapp plays same role and Travian Howard also could fill his role.

Yeah Christian was terrible last year. Every time he was on the field you could see he was confused on where to line up. JJIII and Littleton were constantly redirecting him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think we keep Hill, he's a good ST player and a decent CB. Some people think he's terrible but his grades were a lot better than Peters for most of the season. It's hard to find decent backups, so hopefully we don't cut him if we don't need to.

Anyone know whats going on with Sam Shields? That guy was an ace on ST last year, we could and should keep him if at all possible.

I am guessing Nick Scott and his 4.4 speed will take over Shields' role as the gimmick guy on STs.

dang

Legend
2 million dollar savings....Troy Hill could be next.
I believe you are correct. I would much rather had Sam Shields at $1m than Hill at $2m. I also think if Peterson is recovered he is a better cheaper option at CB than Hill.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Makes way too much for a deep reserve/STs guy. Nick Scott is making this team. Cheap core special teamer & reserve safety with athletic upside.

Well, I'll eat crow on that. I still don't like the Scott pick, but he's making the team over Countess.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Again, wonder if they are trying to make room for a vet NT signing. A lot of names out there—Liuget, Shelton, Wilkerson, Williams, and more— but they all have red flags of one sort or another.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'll eat crow on that. I still don't like the Scott pick, but he's making the team over Countess.

Besides special teams, they make it sound like he will be a role player elsewhere.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Willams and Countess cuts already. Perhaps Hill soon?

Rams are doing some early pruning. And sending some powerful messages in the process.

Any upcoming FA’s to be added? I’ll just say this. The Rams “ain’t done yet”.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

I posted quotes from Snead/Bones in another thread about Scott. Bones said he’s one of the favorite special teams guys he’s ever studied. Snead said he became a #1 priority for the team the second Bones brought his POA to their attention.

This is what a POA is for those wondering:

View: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/454603361095286784?s=20

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Again, wonder if they are trying to make room for a vet NT signing. A lot of names out there—Liuget, Shelton, Wilkerson, Williams, and more— but they all have red flags of one sort or another.
maybe, but they signed a OLB today

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

For all I know it could have been me ?? Not after the draft at the very least.

Just got done reading a article that said Nick Scott might push Countess out. I think Travis Rapp does the same with M.Christian.

Watching those videos actually brought tears to my eyes. This guy has a lot of love in his house !! He said you will not get a harder worker.

What I like Scott was a RB with nice speed.Returning kicks & maybe even punts
makes it easy to carry an extra DB instead of a WR.
I think Prohl might have a chance for at least the practice squad.