Rams to let Suh test FA Market

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you.
The last thing I want are 2 rookies playing next to Donald. Even if uber talented.

I imagine John Franklin-Myers would start. But I agree. I want Brockers back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We looked pretty damn good in the playoffs. ;)

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
We looked pretty damn good in the playoffs. ;)

The defense played well enough in the SuperBowl to beat just about any team.
I think The Rams defense will improve a lot.

I’m in favor of developing some of the young players. The Rams will surprise on how well they drafted in 2018.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m in favor of developing some of the young players. The Rams will surprise on how well they drafted in 2018.

I would hope some of the dozens of defenders drafted late last season would improve enough to contribute next year. Hopefully, Kiser for instance will improve his cover skills so that they will play him. JFM who did contribute last season should get more playing time too.

I would still like for them to cut Barron and pick up a vet in the middle, slide Littleton over, and have a thumper in the middle they trust to hammer RBs. That 5.1 ypc they allowed last season is unacceptable, but even a small improvement will help significantly. Fortunately the offense was good enough to keep the defense off the field much of the time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams have already have a veteran run-stopping force replacement for FA NT Suh under contract ....he wears #90. Wade also has a young replacement for last seasons back up veteran NT Westbrooks...he is a true NT who wears #69. Wade also has a young replacement starter under contract for 2018 Five tech DE post where Brockers started...he wears #94.

Snead just needs to take advantage of the extremely large talented DL prospects in the upcoming draft. I would add that Snead might also task DL coach Eric Henderson to entice 2 of those four Chargers UFA DL'ers (NT Brandon Mebrane, NT Cory Liuget, NT Damion Square & DT Darius Philon) to come in to the Rams facility after March 13th.

I would think that often injured MLB'er Denzel Perryman might come cheap too.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would hope some of the dozens of defenders drafted late last season would improve enough to contribute next year. Hopefully, Kiser for instance will improve his cover skills so that they will play him. JFM who did contribute last season should get more playing time too.

I would still like for them to cut Barron and pick up a vet in the middle, slide Littleton over, and have a thumper in the middle they trust to hammer RBs. That 5.1 ypc they allowed last season is unacceptable, but even a small improvement will help significantly. Fortunately the offense was good enough to keep the defense off the field much of the time.

No matter what, Kiser would be coming off the field on 3rd down for Christian anyways (as Barron did this year) - so he doesn't need to improve all that much.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Which is why creating two massive holes in the DT room by losing both Brock and Suh would be a big mistake IMO.

Agreed, not to mention that depth is also a concern for us too. So I expect Brock will be one of the restructures we do this early offseason, and hope that he puts on some weight (I think he played too light this year).

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Yeah I’ll endorse resigning Suh

Nevet got pass HS two way starter

Not a Draftnik

But, this man can still play

Hope they can resolve the $$$$$$ and keep him

Carry On

Psycho_X

Legend
I could see Suh ending up in Dallas after their recent suspensions and him having a great game against them in playoffs. Personally I’d be fine with resigning him for cheaper. He was average to meh in the regular season but if he always plays like that in the playoffs he’s worth it. Just strengthen the run defense behind him to account for his lazy back half of the regular season lol.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Suh will always have a special place in our hearts for his playoff/SB performance. Just a monster! Well done big man! Fricken Fowler too. These guys were here for the short term but sure made a difference when we needed them. What a special wonderful season............."and Greg Zuerlein sends the Rams to the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!" That will never get old.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Gosh, we suddenly got holes in our D....

13-3 with a D that wasn't very good for the most part. And downright bad at times. I'm not worried about the D. We need to keep our offense intact. Re-signing Saffold should be a priority. Another year in the system. Kupp returning. I see good things with this team on offense. As long as the defense is just mediocre we'll be fine. Wade will find a way in the playoffs.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
13-3 with a D that wasn't very good for the most part. And downright bad at times. I'm not worried about the D. We need to keep our offense intact. Re-signing Saffold should be a priority. Another year in the system. Kupp returning. I see good things with this team on offense. As long as the defense is just mediocre we'll be fine. Wade will find a way in the playoffs.
ya, good point... I wouldn't be at all surprised if we grabbed Groy in F/A and drafted a stud OG at #31. Even if we re-sign Saffold, we have to draft for the future, and I'm not entirely sure Allen & Blythe are it at C & RG -- great backups, and capable starters, but a team like the Rams have to have their standards ya know....
lol, am I really saying that?? just 3 years ago I'd be ecstatic with these guys.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Saffold and Fowler I would like to see back for a reasonable price but if that does not happen I am okay with saying good by to them along with Shu and Joyner.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Suh did excellently in the playoffs, but was marginal in the regular season. You can't blame him or the rest of the D for our Super bowl loss....so I am still for bringing him back..

dang

Legend
I thought Suh did excellently in the playoffs, but was marginal in the regular season. You can't blame him or the rest of the D for our Super bowl loss....so I am still for bringing him back..
Nothing wrong with Suh in for 60% of snaps and youngster in for 40%. Keep Suh fresh at end of games/end of year and let youngster ease into starting role in 1-2 years. Question is does Suh go to highest bidder or another chance with a Super Bowl level team.