Rams to gain $5.5 million in cap space Tuesday from Gurley's release

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams to gain $5.5 million in cap space Tuesday from Gurley's release

Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams aren’t exactly flush with cap space at the moment, sitting on just over $569K as of June 1. But on Tuesday, they’ll get some much-needed relief.

Because the Rams designated Gurley as a post-June 1 release, they’re able to spread his dead cap charge over the next two years instead of taking all of it on in 2020. The drawback was that they didn’t get any relief when they cut Gurley back in March, but the money will come through on Tuesday.

The Rams will gain $5.5 million this week from Gurley’s release, which will put them at more than $6 million in cap space.

Full Article--
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Again at the time when the Rams signed Gurley I was for it and that happens with players & injuries especially in the NFL, however, I also believe they made the right move in drafting a running back early because it's crucial to McVay's offense and he had a few choices in the 2nd round & went with Akers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of a cute way to put it. Overall he still counts against the Rams Cap by some 12 million

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
noel-fun-gif-courses.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Again at the time when the Rams signed Gurley I was for it and that happens with players & injuries especially in the NFL, however, I also believe they made the right move in drafting a running back early because it's crucial to McVay's offense and he had a few choices in the 2nd round & went with Akers.

I was totally against signing him for so much. It was way over market and his knee history would always have a possibility of rearing it’s ugly head at any moment.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
11 free agents Rams could target with newfound cap space

Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams picked up $5.5 million in cap space on Tuesday after Todd Gurley was designated a post-June 1 cut when he was released back in March. That gets them out of the basement of the NFL in terms of cap space, giving them some much-needed financial flexibility.

The bulk of the Rams’ offseason moves have already been made, but with this newfound cap space, might they consider signing a veteran at a position of need? There are still some quality free agents out there, many of whom fit the Rams’ roster holes.

Here are 11 free agents they could target now that they have some cap room.

G Larry Warford
Warford is one of the top free agents available right now after he was cut by the Saints

Full Article--

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Is this money/cap space needed to sign the recent draft picks? Or is that amount already included and accounted for in our available space?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
11 free agents Rams could target with newfound cap space

Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams picked up $5.5 million in cap space on Tuesday after Todd Gurley was designated a post-June 1 cut when he was released back in March. That gets them out of the basement of the NFL in terms of cap space, giving them some much-needed financial flexibility.

The bulk of the Rams’ offseason moves have already been made, but with this newfound cap space, might they consider signing a veteran at a position of need? There are still some quality free agents out there, many of whom fit the Rams’ roster holes.

Here are 11 free agents they could target now that they have some cap room.

G Larry Warford
Warford is one of the top free agents available right now after he was cut by the Saints

Full Article--
I would be very, very happy if we added Warford. He's better than most of our interior options.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll play for a fraction of that remaining cap. I'm gonna need weekends off though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yep. Anything left, just rolls into next year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
There’s one thing I’ve learned from being married, and that is that there is no such thing as leftover money.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sooooo... I think we're not gonna look at Warford based on what Snead and McVay have said, but for those who really study the OL, would he be a good fit in our blocking scheme?

Forget the money for the purposes of this question, just trying to get opinions on if he'd be a fit.

dang

Legend
other than backup QB (maybe??) and the rookie draftees I believe Rams are done.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll play for pennies but only on Monday and Thursday games. I gotta rest, moderate and get my gaming in on Sundays.