Rams still eyeing help at free safety in free agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not so sure that I would be able to state that neither TJ or Mo would not be capable of playing deep. Both of these strong safety types have more in common with a LB'er type of action than playing way deep back in our secondary. Fact is both have played a lot of the LB'er role in college. What I do know is neither of them have good hands. After 37 starts TJ has just two INT's in 3 seasons. Mo has zero & late last season Mo had 2 thrown right into his mitts & Mo dropped them both.

TJ is heading into his 4th season & last under contract yr. Mo who will be here another 2 seasons has shown that he can play well too in the box but with each yard further back in the secondary Mo gets into much less action. Of the Rams four sign safeties only two (TJ/MO) of them have started. Our DC might want to see Mo continue to remain as the starter @ SS after finishing 6 games as the starter last yr. And in order to prepare for the possible departure of TJ next yr at this time. Leaving Mo up close in the box would permit this team to considerably soften the loss of TJ( if it were to occur).

Our DC could also try the taller lighter longer with more range TJ get in some time deep. You never never know what could turn up. Now I have been a strong advocate to keep TJ in his best playing position which is @ SS but if Mo is playing close to where TJ is then I would back off fast due to the reason stated above. TJ may not play the deep as well as up close however he could also be much better than our other three signed deep safety prospects too.

We do know that Cody Davis has more INT's in pre seasons & TC's than all of the other Ram DB's. His hands are outstanding plus Davis has a 41.5-inch vertical jump. In this upcoming drafts 2 top pure FS's Jalen Mills & Darian Thompson have vertical jumps of 37 & 32.5 inches. Davis runs a 40 in the mid-4.4's where Mill had a 4.61 & Thompson ran a 4.69. No top FS candidate has a better 10-foot-3 broad jump! So members selling Davis short may have some egg on their avatars after Davis is finally given a chance full time @ playing deep. We will see.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" IF " The Rams decide to go after another Safety I Hope they get Miles Killebrew out of Southern Utah. He has everything Fisher Likes in a Safety, Great stats and he's an "Attack-Dog" always around the Ball and hits hard and LIKES IT!!
There are really several others that can be had in the Middle/Later rounds!
FOR EXAMPLE:
* Sean Davis - Maryland
* Justin Simmons - Boston
Too Bad we stand a " Snow balls chance" of getting Ramsey!!:rolllaugh: