Rams Signing TE Colby Parkinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Shows what WalterFuckballs knows.
To be fair, he gave us an A+ for DRob, an A- for Dotson and a B for Jonah.

He talks sense a lot of the time but, like all online egotists, needs to go OTT sometimes just to draw attention to himself.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He is an upgrade to johnny mundt, whose spot hasn’t adequately been filled yet. I was holding out for our rookie TE to take that spot last year. He was impressive. Maybe he and Parkland will be 1 and 2 this season.

I’m liking this deal more than the new guard right now. I don’t like the idea of re-signing Dotson (who had a stellar season) and then bringing in another guard and paying him MORE, despite being banged up.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Davis Allen will be the primary TE (watch this kid) because he’s very, very good. Allen will overtake Higbee when it is all said and done.

Parkinson is TE2 and be complimentary to Allen.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
WalterFootball has given this trade their dreaded Millen grade, which is to say that they think it’s a terrible contract.

This is actually a good thing, as the last time they awarded us a Millen was when we drafted Kobie Turner. That didn’t turn out too bad.

Guessing you mean "this Signing".

When the Rams signed Andrew Whitworth in 2017, WalterFootball gave the Rams a Millen Grade.
A Mollen Grade was named after former Lions' GM Matt Millen, and was below an F Grade.

This is what WalterFootball wrote Seven years ago:
'The (Rams) dumped a ton of money onto Andrew Whitworth’s lap. This may have been a good idea a few years ago, but Whitworth is now 35. He knows he won’t win in Los Angeles, so it’s painfully obvious that he’s just taking the money and retiring to California. He might as well break into Stan Kroenke’s house and steal a fancy-shmancy chandelier.'

By the way, this is what the AWFUL WalterFootball thought of the Robert Woods' signing:
'The Rams signed Robert Woods to one of the dumbest contracts anyone has ever seen. Woods, on a 5-year deal, is probably worth about $5 million. Maybe $6 million. Yet, the Rams gave him $39 million for some reason. Woods is a horrible receiver, yet he’s being paid like a second-tier No. 1 wideout. It’s ridiculous.'

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guessing you mean "this Signing".

When the Rams signed Andrew Whitworth in 2017, WalterFootball gave the Rams a Millen Grade.
A Mollen Grade was named after former Lions' GM Matt Millen, and was below an F Grade.

This is what WalterFootball wrote Seven years ago:
'The (Rams) dumped a ton of money onto Andrew Whitworth’s lap. This may have been a good idea a few years ago, but Whitworth is now 35. He knows he won’t win in Los Angeles, so it’s painfully obvious that he’s just taking the money and retiring to California. He might as well break into Stan Kroenke’s house and steal a fancy-shmancy chandelier.'

By the way, this is what the AWFUL WalterFootball thought of the Robert Woods' signing:
'The Rams signed Robert Woods to one of the dumbest contracts anyone has ever seen. Woods, on a 5-year deal, is probably worth about $5 million. Maybe $6 million. Yet, the Rams gave him $39 million for some reason. Woods is a horrible receiver, yet he’s being paid like a second-tier No. 1 wideout. It’s ridiculous.'

I love it when Fuckwits get called out.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
A thing I love about this signing is it signals to me that McVay is serious about getting physical and pushing people around.

Wouldn't be surprised if they added a bruising RB in R3 or so either.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Walter is always good for a laugh
Walter Football and Michael Lombardi are in the same category for me ... Totally Fucking Useless, IMO.

Walter Football for the above takes on Andrew Whitworth and Robert Woods.

Lombardi for his comments on the Rich Eisen Show in 2017.
Said Goff 'can't play'.
Eisen asked ... 'You can tell that after 7 games? (in his rookie season).
Arrogant piece-of-shit Mike Lombardi responded with ... 'I could tell that after 7 passes'.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Walter Football and Michael Lombardi are in the same category for me ... Totally Fucking Useless, IMO.

Walter Football for the above takes on Andrew Whitworth and Robert Woods.

Lombardi for his comments on the Rich Eisen Show in 2017.
Said Goff 'can't play'.
Eisen asked ... 'You can tell that after 7 games? (in his rookie season).
Arrogant piece-of-shit Mike Lombardi responded with ... 'I could tell that after 7 passes'.
Michael Lombardi might be the biggest dumbass in the world. And coming from one of the biggest dumbasses in the world (me), that's saying something.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Michael Lombardi might be the biggest dumbass in the world. And coming from one of the biggest dumbasses in the world (me), that's saying something.
And I always mention this about him, but I will again. He called the McVay hire "a joke". That's why he is an ex NFL front office guy. Seems bitter that he is no longer wanted.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
And I always mention this about him, but I will again. He called the McVay hire "a joke". That's why he is an ex NFL front office guy. Seems bitter that he is no longer wanted.
I think he's the guy who spread that the Rams were "shopping" Stafford last year too!

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
watch him end up being like Dotson was for us last year, having Kelce like games. Go rams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think he's the guy who spread that the Rams were "shopping" Stafford last year too

It would be awesome if the Rams dedicated a mole to feed him bad Intel so he can go on air and make a fool of himself over and over and over......

and over....

fearsomefour

Legend
I love this signing.
Maybe a bit much on the money, but, that's the market.
Parkinson is signed to replace Long more than Higbee, but, in the short term Higs as well.
Long is a very good blocker.
Parkinson (if my memory is correct) the 2nd highest rated blocking TE last year.
Hes is a big TE who can block.
Add this signing to Jackson and Dotson and Mcvay is going to pound the rock this year.
Thats the way to help your old QB, a youngish D.
Stafford with a real running game and using play action is a nightmare for defenses.
It all starts upfront.
Love this signing and what the Rams have done so far.

fearsomefour

Legend
Big guy, don't know much about him other then he was 3rd string in a bad TE room (production wise) last year. Seems like a lot of money though.
Its not about catches.
Hes a very good blocker.
With Allen and this signing they are remaking the TE room.
He is 6' 6" or so (as is Allen) so he can certainly give a big red zone target along with Allen.
Rams are committing to the run game, which makes sense.
Run it right at them and get pressure without blitzing....formula to beat the Whiners.
An edge should be the next big signing now that Williams was brought back as well.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Its not about catches.
Hes a very good blocker.
With Allen and this signing they are remaking the TE room.
He is 6' 6" or so (as is Allen) so he can certainly give a big red zone target along with Allen.
Rams are committing to the run game, which makes sense.
Run it right at them and get pressure without blitzing....formula to beat the Whiners.
An edge should be the next big signing now that Williams was brought back as well.
Nate Tice raved about him as a blocker.. saying he completely handled d-ends... love that.

This all does point to adding to the RB room, imo. Williams is great.. but small and has been injured both years.

jjab360

Legend
I see a lot of people talking about him as a blocker, but this guy was mostly known only as a receiver coming out of Stanford and some Seahags fans seem to think he was severely underused in that regard.

Idk could just be Higbee insurance, could be McVay seeing something everyone else is missing like the Woods signing.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I see a lot of people talking about him as a blocker, but this guy was mostly known only as a receiver coming out of Stanford and some Seahags fans seem to think he was severely underused in that regard.

Idk could just be Higbee insurance, could be McVay seeing something everyone else is missing like the Woods signing.
Just talking about that aspect.. he absolutely looks like a developing target.. a big one as well.

But, I'd say the Rams value his blocking ability and experience most.