Rams sign Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:
Nice. Another grunt. Get Winston and I think we'll be ok on the OL...

That's how I feel. Land Winston and I'll be a lot more comfortable with our O-Line. Get Jones and I'll be more comfortable with our D-Line.

I dont think Wells is "another grunt". IMO hes a guy that will be a solid starter for us. He's not the most physically imposing but he will work hard and get the job done. I think chemistry is almost as important as talent along the oline. He will fit in nicely.

That said, his price was a bit high than I expected.

We shoulnd be out running out of money tho. Cortland only counts 6 million against the cap.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
steferfootball said:
Angry Ram said:
Well I read that Winston wanted to be the highest paid RT in the league. Umm no. Gots to spend the $$$ elsewhere.
Higher than our current RT?

Well, IDK. But if Winston signs then that's a ton of money on the line, and worse @ two same posistions on the line.

libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

That's how I feel. Land Winston and I'll be a lot more comfortable with our O-Line. Get Jones and I'll be more comfortable with our D-Line.

I dont think Wells is "another grunt". IMO hes a guy that will be a solid starter for us. He's not the most physically imposing but he will work hard and get the job done. I think chemistry is almost as important as talent along the oline. He will fit in nicely.

We shoulnd be out running out of money tho. Cortland only counts 6 million against the cap.

Basically, a grunt. :razzed:

So right now it's what, Saffold, Bell, Wells, Dahl, Smith?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Angry Ram said:
steferfootball said:
Angry Ram said:
Well I read that Winston wanted to be the highest paid RT in the league. Umm no. Gots to spend the $$$ elsewhere.
Higher than our current RT?

Well, IDK. But if Winston signs then that's a ton of money on the line, and worse @ two same posistions on the line.

libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

Basically, a grunt. :razzed:

So right now it's what, Saffold, Bell, Wells, Dahl, Smith?

Saffold - Empty - Wells - Dahl - Smith?

Bell is a free agent. So we need another guard. Unless we get a tackle and Smith restructures and plays guard. But since we canceled on Winston, who knows.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Bell is a free agent. So we need another guard. Unless we get a tackle and Smith restructures and plays guard. But since we canceled on Winston, who knows.
DeCastro?

139845256_display_image.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
DeCastro?

139845256_display_image.jpg

If Blackmon is off the board and we trade down a few spots, I would take him, I like what he can bring.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ross Miles ‏ @PFF_RossMiles
New #Rams center, Scott Wells, graded +17.9 last year (ranked 4th) and +9.3 (8th) in 2010. He's an effective run blocker

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't believe I never noticed this thread until now.

Wells is a hell of a signing. He was rated as one of the best centers on the market. The contract is a little long for a thirty-one-year-old, but the cap hit isn't bad for a great center.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:

Wells is a hell of a signing. He was rated as one of the best centers on the market. The contract is a little long for a thirty-one-year-old, but the cap hit isn't bad for a great center.
Those centers seem to last a long time in this league. Jeff Saturday, for example, is going to be 37 this year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Memento said:

Those centers seem to last a long time in this league. Jeff Saturday, for example, is going to be 37 this year.
My Green Bay nut friend...first thing he said was that Wells had easy miles on him. I watched a lot of Green bay games, second most to Rams, and I don't remember seeing him get beat on the inside and give up a sack. I asked my friend, he said that it was extremely rare.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
X said:
Memento said:

My Green Bay nut friend...first thing he said was that Wells had easy miles on him. I watched a lot of Green bay games, second most to Rams, and I don't remember seeing him get beat on the inside and give up a sack. I asked my friend, he said that it was extremely rare.
What do you think of the signing DR? Do you think we overpaid? Do you think we'll be regretting it in a few years?