Rams sign Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1
Rams agree to terms with former Green Bay center Scott Wells.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Per Wikipedia

He was named the starting center in the spring of 2006, and he has held that position since, missing just one game because of an eye injury. In November, 2006, Scott was given a 5 year, $15 million contract extension. On December 26, 2011, Wells was voted to his first career Pro Bowl.

steferfootball

Starter
I like it. He is a durable guy-I just hope we don't pay too much for a Guy on the wrong side of 30.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
A steady player that will fill a hole till a younger guy is ready to take over. Now to find a young guy to groom.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I like it, but he's not the youngest guy out there. I hope we didn't break the bank on him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
8 years experience? He's what, 30? He could have 6 yrs left in him. Plenty of time to draft a guy in the next couple of years. I like it.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Ramhusker said:
8 years experience? He's what, 30? He could have 6 yrs left in him. Plenty of time to draft a guy in the next couple of years. I like it.
Couldn't agree more

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nice. Another grunt. Get Winston and I think we'll be ok on the OL...

bluecoconuts

Legend
Angry Ram said:

That's how I feel. Land Winston and I'll be a lot more comfortable with our O-Line. Get Jones and I'll be more comfortable with our D-Line.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
I like it, but he's not the youngest guy out there. I hope we didn't break the bank on him.
Per J.T. --
Scott Wells' contract with the Rams: 4 years, $24 million, $13 million guaranteed. W/incentives it can max out to $25.5 million.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

That's how I feel. Land Winston and I'll be a lot more comfortable with our O-Line. Get Jones and I'll be more comfortable with our D-Line.

Agreed

You land those two guys and hit on the draft and they will have potentially turned this team around! Worst to First!!! :clap:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:

Well thats not looking too good right now:

@jthom1: After agreeing to terms w/ center Scott Wells, Rams cancel scheduled visit by former Houston offensive tackle Eric Winston.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Crap! Why? Out of wiggle room if they want Jason Jones? DOOKIE!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
Crap! Why? Out of wiggle room if they want Jason Jones? DOOKIE!

I didnt even think of that. That makes a lot of sense. Winston should get a good contract wherever he lands. Plus, we are still in talks with Manningham.

bluecoconuts

Legend
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

@jthom1: After agreeing to terms w/ center Scott Wells, Rams cancel scheduled visit by former Houston offensive tackle Eric Winston.

They must have faith in Jason Smith then. That's a bummer though, would have really liked to have seen Winston in horns.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

They must have faith in Jason Smith then. That's a bummer though, would have really liked to have seen Winston in horns.

Yeah, I hate that. I guess they needed a little goodie left over for Jones, Manningham/Lloyd etc. Man, I'd almost rather to just get Winston and go with what we got and hope on a good draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ramhusker said:
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

Yeah, I hate that. I guess they needed a little goodie left over for Jones, Manningham/Lloyd etc. Man, I'd almost rather to just get Winston and go with what we got and hope on a good draft.
There are better DTs in this draft than OT's and a lot of Jason Jones types,,,,not a lot of good OT's...just sayin. They are NOT sold of Jason Smith...trust me, it's all about his contract and cap number.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well I read that Winston wanted to be the highest paid RT in the league. Umm no. Gots to spend the $$$ elsewhere.