Rams sign QB Nick Foles to 2-year extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Well damn lol. I guess they like what they've been seeing from him in TC. :D

Extremely interested in seeing the contract details (guaranteed $, incentives, etc.).

RamBill

Legend
Rams Sign Foles to 2-Year Extension

Myles Simmons Rams Insider

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Sign-Foles-to-2-Year-Extension/20864943-1abf-4f31-88fd-10e5d203e1aa

The Nick Foles era will go beyond 2015 for the Rams, as the quarterback signed a two-year contract extension on Friday, head coach Jeff Fisher announced following the club’s scrimmage at Lindenwood. With the deal, Foles is now under contract with the organization through the 2017 season.

Originally drafted by the Eagles, Foles was traded to the Rams in March and immediately made a positive impact. Often saying he wanted to build strong relationships with his receivers, the quarterback appears to have done so very well through the first week of training camp.

But even back in OTAs, tight end Jared Cook heaped effusive praise on the new signal-caller.

“He’s everything that you want in a quarterback -- everything that you’ve always wanted,” Cook said back in June. “It just feels like he belongs here, and it feels like he’s been here for a while, which is a good piece. It’s what we need.”

After a solid rookie season under head coach Andy Reid, Foles excelled in his first season under Chip Kelly, compiling an outstanding 27 touchdowns to only two interceptions in 2013. Over the past two seasons as a starter, Foles led the Eagles to a 14-4 record and a playoff appearance.

Check back for updates.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Very sensible only making this a 2 year extension. Gives the Rams Some stability at the position In the short/medium term without being tied down to a massive contract and gives Foles a chance to prove himself worthy of a larger contract 3 years down the line.
Works out well for both sides.

Will be very interested to see the guaranteed numbers.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Damn. Have to see what the numbers are, but I'm good with this. Foles might not be the greatest QB but he's plenty good enough to win. Short contract too, so if he does bust for whatever reason, we can ditch him and move on to another QB, either Mannion or a draft pick.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'm with this all the way. It gives Slick Nick security and confidence. The whole organization has his back and is ready to roll forward. Says a lot to me that they locked the guy up before he ever took a snap in ANY game for them. This deal will allow them to keep guys like Jenks, Donald, Brockers and Co. as well. Just stay healthy and they should be knocking on the door of the playoffs!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Seems the Rams like what they see but maybe not blown away. Good move on both sides I guess. I'm sure Foles got a nice raise and the Rams got a little stability and security at the position. Baby steps work for me today.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
That I can live with, two years, and if he plays at a pro-bowl level again, he will get a huge payday. I don't expect that from him, but if he does, then that's okay. If he doesn't play well, we can have Mannion become the guy, or find someone else by then. It's a good deal for everyone, as long as we didn't overpay!

RamBill

Legend
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Source says the final year of Nick Foles' extension (2017) can void based on performance. Value of the deal is more than $12m per year.

V3

Hall of Fame
It's hard to complain about a two year deal. Here's hoping the next one's for a lot longer.

…..

Legend
I would have preferred he played at least half the season before we signed him, but at least they went short term.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
12 mill per year would be too much for my liking, we shall see if that is the per year figure.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, if he plays at a high level we got a bargain. If not, well, we were in the same boat with Bradford. I think they're paying him that much because they feel they need to gamble. The best chance a team has at long term success is to have stability at the quarterback position. And you have to pay a premium price if your guy gives you that stability.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Source says the final year of Nick Foles' extension (2017) can void based on performance. Value of the deal is more than $12m per year.

12 mil a year isn't bad for a starting QB. It's a bit of a gamble but nothing compared to what we've been used to (whether Bradford can make it though a season). Also gives Mannion time to learn since he seems to have some potential.....

SierraRam

Recreational User
knocking on the door of the playoffs!

........Knock knock :)
upload_2015-8-7_18-10-2.jpeg