Rams sign QB Brett Rypien to one year deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
You can tell. His mechanics have the same flaws as he had in his rookie year. Didn't you note that when he got on the field he was simply handing off? They didn't even call any passes. That tells you a lot about what the coaches think of his attitude. If he was busting his butt like he should have been they would have allowed him to showcase his improvements. That's why when offered the opportunity to resign he didn't. He wasn't an unrestricted free agent. McVay said publicly they were willing to have him return but it was his choice.

He couldn't beat out Wolford despite having more talent tells you alot. Rypien doesn't have the arm talent or the athleticism of Perkins, but here he is still trying. That's why I'm saying welcome to LA, Brett.

To say a player ... 'didn't put in the work' ... as you wrote is Speculation.
Speculation: The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

You questioned Perkins' work ethic and attitude, then write that McVay was 'willing to have him return'.

You have a Theory. Your thought is Conjecture. Maybe they're accurate but you have no evidence.

You state your opinions as facts. If you simply wrote:
I question or doubt, or wonder whether he put in the work; or I don't believe he put in the work, there would be no push-back.

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To say a player ... 'didn't put in the work' ... as you wrote is Speculation.
Speculation: The forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

You questioned Perkins' work ethic and attitude, then write that McVay was 'willing to have him return'.

You have a Theory. Your thought is Conjecture. Maybe they're accurate but you have no evidence.

You state your opinions as facts. If you simply wrote:
I question or doubt, or wonder whether he put in the work; or I don't believe he put in the work, there would be no push-back.

That's all I'm saying.
You can call it a theory, most call it straight making shit up outta thin air.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not a huge Brett Rypien fan, small hands, average arm at best and if you remember Cobie Durant likes him because of the 78 yard interception return against Rypien on Christmas Day. Rypien also does not have the ability to run, but he is accurate and is 2-1 as a starter albeit he has thrown 4 touchdowns & 8 interceptions in his career.
But Rypien does hand out good Christmas presents.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I just can't believe McVay ever thought he was a number 2 QB in the NFL. So many others out there that were better. And then Perkins? I never saw anything in any game, regular or preseason, that even gave me a little hope for success with them in the line up. I just don't know what they saw in those 2 guys. It sure blew up in their faces. Quite frankly, it makes me very cautious regarding any QB they chose to be back up at this point. I am hopeful though. I find it hard to believe we could have taken a step back.
Thankfully there's no cap on spending so the Rams can just go out and pay for any ol backup QB they want. Stoopid McVay.