Rams sign Mason Crosby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Smart safety move.. and shows what I was saying in Lucas thread.. they really like the kid and his potential. We'll see if he can live up to it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trying to recall the new PS rules, they can pull up guys just for the game, and send them right back for like 3 or 4 games, when they are up, do they count against the 53?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Trying to recall the new PS rules, they can pull up guys just for the game, and send them right back for like 3 or 4 games, when they are up, do they count against the 53?

Two games.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm good with keeping Havrisik on the practice squad. He's a rookie. He can improve. And I doubt anyone will want to poach him. If we were realistically out of contention I'd say just stick with him the rest of the season and see if he improves. But they don't have the luxury of letting a kicker learn by his mistakes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sounds like Havrisik has had a good week of practice. Hope it translates.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
walk off magnum GIF

Final test to see who kicks on Sunday.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bad weather game, points could come at a premium. Sure is putting a lot of faith in a guy who looked pretty terrible last week
move-lets-see.gif

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The upside if Lucas figures it out is significant.
That’s why they’re not rushing to cut him.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Lucas Havrisik made 64.2% of his FG's in college at Arizona. That's really pretty terrible. 34 of 53 overall. He was only 9 of 14 on FG's his senior year, so it's not like his stats showed steady improvement, either.

To my eye, his accuracy looked awful for several kicks in the last 2 games.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't understand why the Rams think he's gonna suddenly solve his accuracy problems. Yeah, he's got a big leg. But he's got a track record of being pretty inaccurate for the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Lucas Havrisik made 64.2% of his FG's in college at Arizona. That's really pretty terrible. 34 of 53 overall. He was only 9 of 14 on FG's his senior year, so it's not like his stats showed steady improvement, either.

To my eye, his accuracy looked awful for several kicks in the last 2 games.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't understand why the Rams think he's gonna suddenly solve his accuracy problems. Yeah, he's got a big leg. But he's got a track record of being pretty inaccurate for the last 5 years.

It's not the same thing.. but Josh Allen had a 56% completion rate in college. You get my point.

I don't know if they *can* fix it.. but, the upside, if they're right, is significant. A cheap, big leg for next season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Smart safety move.. and shows what I was saying in Lucas thread.. they really like the kid and his potential. We'll see if he can live up to it.
IDK the kid looks rattled. I would go with Crosby, Stills or Nash.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Matt Gay hit 77% of his FGA his rookie year.
Lucas is at 70 right now.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Matt Gay hit 77% of his FGA his rookie year.
Lucas is at 70 right now.
And Matt Gay hit 86% of his field goals in college and set all sorts of records at Utah. Havrisik's college stats are terrible.

Gay in college: 56 of 65 on FG's (86%) and a perfect 85 of 85 in XP's.

Havrisik in college: 34 of 53 (64%) and 73 of 78 on XP's.

Matt Gay had a shaky rookie season after a stellar college career. Havrisik is having a shaky rookie season after a shaky college career.

Just sayin

Last edited: