Rams sign Mason Crosby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Wow. Havrisik had 2 terrible weeks in a row, so they had to make a move.

Glad we didn't sign that c*#+ Gould.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As long as he's a reliable kicker from 45 yards out, I'm all for it!

MaxQ28

Rookie
Great move. Had to happen. I wonder if they would have made this move if they were 3-9? I think this speaks volumes about how they feel about making the playoffs this year.

HORNS UP!

Psycho_X

Legend
With playoffs in reach this is a good move. I would like to keep Havrisik and see if he can improve between now and next season but we need some consistency in the 1-45 yard field goal and xp range. Course I would have preferred keeping Gay but oh well.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
McVay has many good “coaching” qualities in my opinion.

Ones of which is his skill speaking with the media. He comes across really well … pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable; and usually says absolutely nothing!

However, sometimes he subtly communicates his feelings, and that often leads to his intentions and actions.

One such example was his Monday McVay Show with JB Long. In an upbeat and positive discussion, he made a statement about (I am paraphrasing) ‘needing to get the kicking in order’

I also don’t think McVay is patient with place-kickers, which is one reason I continue to be surprised and disappointed the Rams didn’t retain Matt Gay.

A high-quality PK is gold, and a huge factor for a Super Bowl contender. If you’re lucky enough to have one, you got to hold onto him if at all possible … in my opinion.

I realize resigning Gay would have been costly, and the Rams were focused on opening-up cap space. However, if the Rams are going to get back into Super Bowl contention in 2024 and 2025, they will have to find a Place-Kicker like the one they had and allowed to leave in free agency.

I often speak about cap issues but I think valuable cap space sometimes needs to be allocated to PK and back-up QB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fucking kickers.
1701875889526.png

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This is one of the things that I like about the Rams, they are always looking to improve the roster. The kicking game is a very important piece of the puzzle. I see this as a good move and gives them a better shot at the playoffs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Ones of which is his skill speaking with the media. He comes across really well … pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable; and usually says absolutely nothing!

However, sometimes he subtly communicates his feelings, and that often leads to his intentions and actions.

I also don’t think McVay is patient with place-kickers, which is one reason I continue to be surprised and disappointed the Rams didn’t retain Matt Gay.

A high-quality PK is gold, and a huge factor for a Super Bowl contender. If you’re lucky enough to have one, you got to hold onto him if at all possible … in my opinion.

I realize resigning Gay would have been costly, and the Rams were focused on opening-up cap space. However, if the Rams are going to get back into Super Bowl contention in 2024 and 2025, they will have to find a Place-Kicker like the one they had and allowed to leave in free agency.

I often speak about cap issues but I think valuable cap space sometimes needs to be allocated to PK and back-up QB.
They could not change their stance on backup QB's & place kickers. Some really good ones in the draft with so hopefully Crosby can hold it down this year and they can look into drafting one of the following.
  • Joshua Karty. +60. Stanford. SR. 6'2" 210.
  • Dragan Kesich. +110. Minnesota. SR. 6'4" 230.
  • Noah Rauschenberg. North Texas. SR. 6'1" 204.
  • Will Reichard. -40. Alabama. GR. 6'1" 194.
  • Camden Lewis. Oregon. SR. 6'0" 205.
  • Jose Pizano. NEW. UNLV. SR. 5'9" 220.
  • Diego Guajardo. South Alabama. RSR. 6'0" 185.
  • Harrison Mevis. +60. Missouri. JR. 5'11"
I love the kid out of Minnesota, big, accurate and has a huge leg.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

One such example was his Monday McVay Show with JB Long. In an upbeat and positive discussion, he made a statement about (I am paraphrasing) ‘needing to get the kicking in order’

The other time McVay was unusually candid was when he said that Jared was his QB, now. That comment dropped like a bomb, in my opinion.