Rams sign Leonard Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Floyd has been more than a pass rusher. He has been terrific in the Run. Overall, he has been a great addition. I would love to keep him, but I just can't see how we can afford him. Having two highly paid WRs an overpaid QB(yea, I said it) the highest paid DT and CB....we are very limited.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This OLB/ER position will need an injection of talent in 2021. I have no idea where that will come from.

Mathews
Fowler
Floyd

Id love to see Floyd return and I wanted Fowler back as well, but there’s a pattern here that has been mentioned: #99.
Heck, you might be able throw in Littleton as a beneficiary of the Donald effect, because none of those guys have done anything special since leaving.

We’ll just find another guy with talent who needs a one year “tryout.”

As for the existing roster, Lewis looks good when he’s on the field. It’s easy to see why they rolled the dice on him. Oh-Oh should be bye-bye. He didn’t come into the league healthy and has struggled with that ever since. C’ mon, we’ve all seen this before throughout the league. Now we designate Lewis for that, “if he can just stay healthy” role and ...draft a couple more possibilities.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I mean... if there's a way for us to get Yannick Ngakoue on a one year deal, then I'd do that, but yeah, Floyd is a very solid run defender AND gets after the QB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Mathews
Fowler
Floyd

Id love to see Floyd return and I wanted Fowler back as well, but there’s a pattern here that has been mentioned: #99.
Heck, you might be able throw in Littleton as a beneficiary of the Donald effect, because none of those guys have done anything special since leaving.

As for the existing roster, Lewis looks good when he’s on the field. It’s easy to see why they rolled the dice on him. Oh-Oh should be bye-bye. He didn’t come into the league healthy and has struggled with that ever since. C’ mon, we’ve all seen this before throughout the league. Now we designate Lewis for that, “if he can just stay healthy” role and ...draft a couple more possibilities.
I am sure both Rams starting OLB'ers will be gone in March 2021. I fully expect that Okoronkwo & Hollins to go into TC as the starters. I would expect Snead to sign some very cheap WWC's ER/OLB'ers like Natrez Patrick & Derek Rivers to complete with the lame Terrell Lewis & Justin Lawler. I would expect a talented ER to be drafted too.

All of the above will not have any impact on the Rams salary cap which is deeply in the RED.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mathews
Fowler
Floyd

none of the other three were near the level of complete player that floyd has been for the rams. he does everything well. they have to work out a way to keep him.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
True but at the time Floyd signed with the rams, very few people expected him to be this good. Most expected a (big) drop off from Fowler. So maybe there’s a new Fowler/Floyd for 2021. Personally, I’d like to resign Floyd

nighttrain

Legend
True but at the time Floyd signed with the rams, very few people expected him to be this good. Most expected a (big) drop off from Fowler. So maybe there’s a new Fowler/Floyd for 2021. Personally, I’d like to resign Floyd
don't Gurley and Cooks come off the books next season?
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
there ya go, mo money for Floyd!!!!!!!

train
Nah we're still very tight on cap space and with Whit saying he's coming back really not many ways to generate more than Havenstein and Brockers trades before their roster bonuses are paid. Or restructures but those put money into future years.

nighttrain

Legend
Nah we're still very tight on cap space and with Whit saying he's coming back really not many ways to generate more than Havenstein and Brockers trades before their roster bonuses are paid. Or restructures but those put money into future years.
wont Whit just sign for the money he's making this season, no increase.
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
wont Whit just sign for the money he's making this season, no increase.
train
He's already under contract through 2022. He has decent size roster bonuses that push him beyond his $7 million base each year so it was cheaper outs this way if her retired.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
We are so tight against the cap, I believe we spread the 1 year 10 million contract for Floyd over 2 years.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Floyd has been awesome. Yeah, AD helps... but he fits this D perfectly.
AD has nothing to do with the way Floyd plays the run and holds the edge. AD has definitely had something to do with his Sack numbers. Floyd brings more to the table than any outside LB we have had in awhile.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
@majrleaged I totally agree! We saw glimpes of Clay Matthews (unless I'm simply incorrect) yet that cheap shot he took and broken jaw fucked that all up. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Clay was that guy up until then. Prior well....

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I look for Lewis to replace Floyd's production and then some, that is, if he can stay healthy.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
In this day and age of defense Floyd and JJ are a must resign. Floyd does so much more than just rush the passer and if Staley stays Floyd stays....if Staley leaves then I could see Floyd leaving.
I know we are strong at the safety spot and I know earlier in the season I said JJ is not to far off from Jamal Adams a totally different skill set but his leadership and play are needed. Maybe some wheeling and dealing is in order.

Typically I'd be ok with comp picks but these dudes are still young the rams have to find a way to manipulate the cap. If they truly believes Goff is there man restructure him...maybe Donald restructure? The emergence of Day may make Ashawn or Brockers expendable the Lata would be painful all over again lol. The other player I've been impressed with and I'd love back but probably will want more than we are willing to pay is Morgan Fox. The guy has been awesome.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I look for Lewis to replace Floyd's production and then some, that is, if he can stay healthy.
Honestly I don’t think this is too far fetched given Lewis talent. I look for him to put up more sacks but not be as good in contain and the run game where Floyd excels

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Honestly I don’t think this is too far fetched given Lewis talent. I look for him to put up more sacks but not be as good in contain and the run game where Floyd excels
I definitely think he's got the talent but can he stay healthy? I wouldn't bet on it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
In this day and age of defense Floyd and JJ are a must resign. Floyd does so much more than just rush the passer and if Staley stays Floyd stays....if Staley leaves then I could see Floyd leaving.
I know we are strong at the safety spot and I know earlier in the season I said JJ is not to far off from Jamal Adams a totally different skill set but his leadership and play are needed. Maybe some wheeling and dealing is in order.

Typically I'd be ok with comp picks but these dudes are still young the rams have to find a way to manipulate the cap. If they truly believes Goff is there man restructure him...maybe Donald restructure? The emergence of Day may make Ashawn or Brockers expendable the Lata would be painful all over again lol. The other player I've been impressed with and I'd love back but probably will want more than we are willing to pay is Morgan Fox. The guy has been awesome.

I guess you can restructure Donald, he and Ramsey are the only sure things the Rams have.