Rams sign DT Dominique Easley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm told the deal came Fairley Easely.

Too bad we don't have both of them :D

You went a Long way for that one. Some would say you went too Farr. My Chinese friend says all these guys take on two Brockers, and can still get to the quarterback. :heh:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Knock is consistent injury issues dating back to college, plus attitude issues maybe, kind of a 'me' guy.

Sounds familiar. :sneaky:

That's because it'd be a very quick video.

Could be a very good signing. Hopefully he isn't a problem.

A first-round pick in 2014, the defensive tackle came to the league dogged by injury concerns and his first two seasons in the NFL ended on injured reserve.

The No. 29 overall pick out of the University of Florida, Easley only played three games in his final season with the Gators because of a torn right ACL. He tore his left ACL earlier in his college career.

Easley, 24, was having a productive 2015 season with the Patriots as a penetrating pass rusher before a quadriceps injury suffered against the Texans in Week 14 again landed him on injured reserve. The quad was a new wrinkle given that Easley's 2014 season was cut short by a knee injury.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-release-former-first-round-pick-dominique-easley

This should hopefully eliminate bar-hopping, DUI's, etc.

"Easley is a Muslim. He declared on his Twitter account that he converted to Islam March 13, 2015."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Easley#Personal_life

JC-3

UDFA
Name
JC-3
what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

LOL! Your posts are gold. You a funny dude :p

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, we can say one thing. Fisher and Snead don't mind taking a gamble.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put all the bad boys in one locker room and it just becomes a normal locker room.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well...
I guess we can scratch a backup DL off our needs list. Lol.
I recall that it was a post draft concern by some.
We can rest assured that Fisher'r not gonna totally neglect his D. Ever...
Yes I was one of the members here running the alarm bells for a top notch reserve NT. Easley sure does not fit that hole by a large margin.

On the flip side Dominique Easley fits the Gregg Williams Aggressive Defensive Scheme completely. Smart move by Easley INO. Easley was not a good fit for the NE Patriots anyway .... phasing out 3-technique tackles the last season. When I watch Easley @ UF he was a serious violent, quick-twitch three technique DT. If he can come close to that again he would fall right in with Aaron Donald post. Wonder what Akeem Ayers had to do with this hire? Ayers played with Easley in 2014 season.

If Easley can spell Donald like Fairley did last season then we are moving in the right direction. If RDE Coples can spell Quinn & take some pressure off the back of Quinn then we are moving in the right direction. If LTP can make his short 6-1 295 pound self a good run stuffer behind Brockers we are moving in the right direction. Just maybe the 2016 Rams are on a path to dominate all the LOS's in the NFL.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This dude was lazy and argumentative with coaches in college too. I think he's a longshot to stick through camp, because the Rams' DL coach is not going to take his BS. He toes the line or he's gone quick.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Meh...... Rams need a Nose Tackle who can back up Brockers. 6'2" 290 lbs is not the physical make up of a NT who can take on double teams.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Meh...... Rams need a Nose Tackle who can back up Brockers. 6'2" 290 lbs is not the physical make up of a NT who can take on double teams.

Yes I was one of the members here running the alarm bells for a top notch reserve NT. Easley sure does not fit that hole by a large margin.

On the flip side Dominique Easley fits the Gregg Williams Aggressive Defensive Scheme completely. Smart move by Easley INO. Easley was not a good fit for the NE Patriots anyway .... phasing out 3-technique tackles the last season. When I watch Easley @ UF he was a serious violent, quick-twitch three technique DT. If he can come close to that again he would fall right in with Aaron Donald post. Wonder what Akeem Ayers had to do with this hire? Ayers played with Easley in 2014 season.

If Easley can spell Donald like Fairley did last season then we are moving in the right direction. If RDE Coples can spell Quinn & take some pressure off the back of Quinn then we are moving in the right direction. If LTP can make his short 6-1 295 pound self a good run stuffer behind Brockers we are moving in the right direction. Just maybe the 2016 Rams are on a path to dominate all the LOS's in the NFL.

I think Doug Worthington is going to be that guy?

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Sounds like someone I don't want on my football team. Immature and doesn't really care about anyone but himself plus I'd put money that he fights his dogs. They don't get THAT aggressive unless you're either training them to fight or just flat out abusing them. Either way, sounds like he's a piece of crap and I don't want him I don't care how talented he is.

Just my $0.02.
Usually I'm all in for second chances, but this dude might not deserve one. If we sign him up, I hope these stories aren't all true.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Snisher's gone after this year if they don't post a good record... why not pick up anything that moves that might help the team at this point?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Because we have no high (starter level draft picks this or next year). Puts you in a position where you HAVE TO gamble on character/injury prone players. It is the bad side of moving up to get Goff.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Because we have no high (starter level draft picks this or next year). Puts you in a position where you HAVE TO gamble on character/injury prone players. It is the bad side of moving up to get Goff.
very good point

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Fisher is gonna have his hands full. I know he's good with troubled players. But Easley, Williams, Worton, Mason, etc. He's only one man. Hopefully these guys can mature real quick. I'd hate their influence to work its way into our locker room.