Rams sign DT Dominique Easley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

why would anyone want to hear what that clown has to say? i'd imagine it sounds something like this....

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Rams can give him a shot and if works that's great.
With his talent he spent a longtime on the open market and with a premium on pass rushers it's surely strange that 31 other teams passed on him.
Either injuries or attitude. He didn't get to the waiver wire by lack of talent.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams cut Kache Palacio, LB

To make room for Easley who is #91. They really did trade Long for Easley.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Easley looks like he's well worth the risk.

I'm guessing that his immaturity issues will NOT be tolerated on the Rams.

Hayes
Donald
Quinn
Brockers

Does that look like a starting front 4 that would be impressed by the newcomer, ESPECIALLY if he acts like a spoiled brat?

Not to mention the coaches.

Fisher
GW
Waufle

Hope Easley takes this opportunity very, very seriously. He's already blown it with Belichick. If he blows it with Fisher? He would not find it easy to get a third chance, I'm thinking.

On the other hand, he has fallen into an opportunity to be a big part of maybe the best DL in the league. And playing in LA. Could be a springboard for a future huge 2nd contract if he performs.

We'll see how he reacts...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll reprase; I hope we find someone better to spell our starters.

Well, IMO history showcases that if he's not hurt, he's productive, so one could surmise that durability and not ability seems to be Easley's Kryptonite.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Sounds like nick fairley, he worked out great last year and didn't cause any trouble. I think Coach sets rules and the guys follow or they are let go. This guy can fill in depth at DT and I think he will work out just fine behind Brockers and Donald.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

View: https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/733657097246674946

Nick Fairley signed a 1 year, $3 mil contract with the New Orleans Saints but charged the Rams 5 mil 1 yr contract. One would summarize that the Rams were not going to offer Nick anything close to the 5 mil he demanded in 2015. So the cost of Nick was much much higher for a 3rd DT in 2015 than what it will be in 2016 if Easley can fill the shoes of Fairley. Easley contract is very reasonable.

Here's my two cents on the difference between the two young former first rd DT draft picks.
NF is much more well rounded than DE. NF was capable of playing NT behind Brockers on running plays where DE may have some problems @ NT. DE is a much more dynamic playmaker @ the Aaron Donald DT post than NF. DE if healthy will offer some serious interior pass rush when teamed with Donald inside on passing downs over what NF did. NF had some mgt problem stuff but no where near the ongoing issues that DE brings to the table. In addition yes NF has a long list of nagging injuries but no where close to the seriousness of an DE.

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Great contract. We have no 1st round pick next year, so it's hard to argue too much with Snisher rolling the dice on players with top-end talent but a few warts. Worst case scenario the Rams cut them with nothing really lost.

I think Easley will work out nicely for us. Time will tell.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I am stunned by how low that non guaranteed contract is for the Rams.

Maybe because Easley still has guaranteed money coming from the Pats?

Dayum! $600k is barely above league minimum, fellas.

If this 24 year old gets his head on straight and gets motivated to earn a future 2nd contract, we just got a steal.

Here's hoping...

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe because Easley still has guaranteed money coming from the Pats?

Pretty much. Unless someone was going to pay him more than the guarantees from the Pats, it doesn't matter to him what he makes - he still get the same amount. I read that he had offset language in his contract, so any salary this year just means he gets that much less from the Pats. 600k from the Rams and 1.2 mill from the pats is the same as 1.5 mill from the Rams and 300k from the Pats as far as he's concerned.

For a non-guaranteed minimum salary, I'm all about this pickup. Worst case, he gets cut and we forget he was ever here.