Rams sign CB Nickell Robey-Coleman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Looks like a shrewd signing. Yet another, I should say.

Yeah, might help free up Joyner's move to FS.

But I suspect that CB at #37 is still on the table. Just depends on who falls, still.

A stud outside CB would be real handy this year. And invaluable in '18.

Wade's D requires excellent CB play, after all.

Zero

Pro Bowler
C81OwCNW0AEZ-MN.jpg

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Looks like a shrewd signing. Yet another, I should say.

Yeah, might help free up Joyner's move to FS.

But I suspect that CB at #37 is still on the table. Just depends on who falls, still.

A stud outside CB would be real handy this year. And invaluable in '18.

Wade's D requires excellent CB play, after all.

I have to say I'm in a totally different boat of thinking.

I'm willing to put most of my chips on the table that with the new acquisitions of... Kayvon Webster and now the scrappy little smurf Nickell Robey-Coleman combined with the unusual deep/depth at the cornerback position in the 2017 Draft, the Rams will probably be drafting OFFENSE at #37.

This is not a guarantee of course because their draft team (final stacked board) might be head over heals for an edge rusher LB/DE or safety that falls to them #37.

As of today, I'm believing offense TE/OL/WR will be the selection at #37.

guessing-game-logo.png

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My question is ... .where are we getting all this $$$ ? I would have thought for sure after the DT that we were done in FA ... then we sign Sullivan ... thought for sure we were done again yet ... NRC ..... seems we had more cap space than originally thought?
Spotrac has our top 51 plus rookie pool with us at $2.2 million. That doesn't account for Sullivan or NRC. You have to figure when we go to accounting for the full 53 man roster another $1.8 million will be added leaving us $400k right now (vet minimum is $540k and going to the 53 will add 2 of those). So chances are a cut, or trade, is coming.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wtf? Don't we need like 7 million for the draft?
The number he's quoting is accounting four our rookie pool which for the record this year is at a hair over $5.1 million. Most of these salary tracking sites will calculate the draft picks salary based on the CBA and total that for us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at spotrac.com and overthecap.com it shows some interesting things. I thought we released Stedman Bailey which would add $690k. It shows TJ on the list at $615k. Also we got Tyrunn Walker for a steal $775k with an 80k signing bonus.

A few easy and logical cuts could be Cody Davis, who I like a lot, who makes $1.7 million. We also have David Arken, Darrell Williams and Pace Murphy who all make $550k to $775k. Just some thoughts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The number he's quoting is accounting four our rookie pool which for the record this year is at a hair over $5.1 million. Most of these salary tracking sites will calculate the draft picks salary based on the CBA and total that for us.

Keep in mind the top 51 rule for the off-season. The majority of the rookies cost us next to nothing until final cuts. That gives us a lot of time to move money around.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
My question is ... .where are we getting all this $$$ ? I would have thought for sure after the DT that we were done in FA ... then we sign Sullivan ... thought for sure we were done again yet ... NRC ..... seems we had more cap space than originally thought?
2017 NFL Salary Cap $167,000,000
2016 Rollover Cap $304,311
Adjustment $415,200
Adjusted Salary Cap $167,719,511

Draft Pool - - - - - - - $5,160,040

Cap Space (w/All) $-3,003,788
Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $2,201,172
Cap Space (w/Top 51) $7,361,212
Los Angeles Rams Cap Totals
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Really liked Robey at USC !!!
I even liked him in the draft and had a nice debate with The Hammer about the guy

Really appreciating this off-season. We can't be the youngest team anymore either, which is great news when it comes to the victory column.

I think this is our year

Even my favorite local IPA here in Austin switched their packaging to match the new Rams' unis - it's a sign i tell you :LOL:

image.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind the top 51 rule for the off-season. The majority of the rookies cost us next to nothing until final cuts. That gives us a lot of time to move money around.
Yes but for the sake of these sites they track the rookie salaries for ease of looking. It's better to account for them then to suddenly try to explain to people looking at the site without knowledge of the system why $5 million disappeared from their cap.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
This is a really great signing, if I recall, he had a pick-6 against us, scrappy good slot corner and will fill another need by moving Joyner to FS and Mo to SS (better fit for both)

I still believe we will draft a corner in the 2-3rd round, I don't think Tru stays after this year (if he doesn't get traded before the season starts) and Wade will want a corner that meets his perfect specifications. Excited to see what happens!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm really excited about this signing. NRC sounds like a great slot corner, and moving Joyner and Alexander to free safety and strong safety respectively makes this signing even better.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
He was really, really good at USC. He wasn't the wizard with the ball in his hands that Adoree Jackson is, but he was in the same league as a corner.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is a really good pickup....like most out here, I remember his USC career. I believe he was recruited outta Florida ...or somewhere from out south.
REAL SLOT CORNER!!!! COVERAGE SKILLS...

And yes, it does signal a move for Joyner....We'll see if it's to FS.....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's a good depth signing. It takes pressure off of landing not having any press corners on the roster other than Webster. The corner depth chart has a long way to go still.

NRC was an UFA for a reason and a late signing in free agency for the same reason.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
If this guy is our slot corner, get ready for a lot of teams to play two-Tight End sets with one of the TEs in the slot.

I really don't know that this will matter a whole lot with Wade's system.

From what I understand it's a press man - zone in which you pass players off. If you are quick and pass man to man quickly you are going to succeed in this system.

Sure there are situations that size will matter and he may be taken advantage of. . .

He may even be competition for FS. Who knows.

He has shown skills. Has speed. Quick feet. Played in a Rex Ryan D - 3-4 if I'm not mistaken.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I love this pick up. I've seen him in several games and thought he was talented

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate this signing....
~Case Keenum