Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I choose to forget Stetson is affiliated with this team in any way. I have no expectation that he ever returns to the team. Wish him well with whatever he's dealing with. He was a wasted pick, in my opinion, and we'll be back to looking for a backup we'll all end up disliking.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all have had problems in life we had to overcome. I'm a firm believer in second chances.

He's a national championship quarterback and I not only expect him to return but also be better man for it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Stetson Bennett sighting!
Is it me, or does he look 5 years older in that vid? I know he is an old rookie already, but man... He looks like he aged a bit since preseason. Hope he's on a good path, regardless of whether he ever plays again for the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I sometimes wonder if every backup QB in this offense is doomed. It seems to be one of the harder offenses to run. Aaron Rodgers said it was, so I’d take his word for it. He said it is nothing like the West Coast offense and it puts a lot on the QB. Does playing the role of the next opponents QB, every week, really prepare a QB to run a more technical offense like McVay’s? Goff started and he struggled with it at times.
Yeah it has all the functionality of the standard WCO with the aggressive downfield approach that stretches the defense, which to some extent can make up for the run game. Given that the run game will suck the ILBs and safeties up and give the QB room to operate, stretching the field can have a similar effect but the QB has to be able to make those throws plus hold on to the ball longer, which puts a ton of pressure on the QB and the pass protectors (just the WCO you can cut some corners on the line with the ball coming out fast).

It's a weird combination of elements I think. Potent but risky because McVay and Snead have allowed the run game to falter so often since Gurley fell out. And that faltering has mainly been due to talent in the backfield, as well as its availability and the inability of the depth to take up the slack. This season is simply yet another example of that. Same thing every season without fail. Same could be said of the line, where they have been hit and miss and better than they have with the backfield, but only marginally so.

Also I think McVay is hard on his QBs. Probably the most demanding out there in the play designers. On the flipside of all this you're still better off with him than many other play designers. It's just that QBing for him is a bit of a hotseat.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I hope his issue wasn’t with alcoholism. If it was, going back to his college and hanging out is not exactly the place to be for a guy like that. Whole situation is weird.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
OTOH, if Stafford is in the plans for 25, why not draft one then and let him sit on the bench for a season? If he's there in 24 and Stafford plays both 24 & 25, that's two years off the kids contract and one season of play to decide to pick up the 5th year option (if he's a first round pick). I have no idea who might be available in 2025 draft and we don't know if anybody is going to develop this year and next in the NCAA.

I’d like a top QB prospect, but if the plan is to ride with Stafford for as long as we can, we need to protect him. We need a top OT and best available OC. Grab an edge in free agency, or in the third and hope Young continues his upward trajectory into next year. If you get one in free agency, grab a legit home run threat out of the backfield. If Staff is it, give him every chance.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What's he doing at a college game?

He should be back training with the Rams. They're the ones paying him a salary.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Im sure it was hard on him to watch the Rypein experiment, knowing it should have been him out there.

Hope he pulls through whatever he’s going through, but expectations are zero in terms of wearing the horns again.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OTOH, if Stafford is in the plans for 25, why not draft one then and let him sit on the bench for a season? If he's there in 24 and Stafford plays both 24 & 25, that's two years off the kids contract and one season of play to decide to pick up the 5th year option (if he's a first round pick). I have no idea who might be available in 2025 draft and we don't know if anybody is going to develop this year and next in the NCAA.
I cant tell if you are agreeing with me or not? Lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fun fact, at the present time, both Stetson Bennett and Joe Burrow are 26 years old

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

When they're put on the NFI, they and the team talk about salary. There's a chance the Rams aren't paying anything.

muggmeister

Rookie

I believe they said he was there to receive an award for last season although I can't remember what award.