Rams@Saints - Preseason Game #4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We are spoiled now with Cooper Kupp, Roger Woods, and hopefully Cooks
1 rog.jpg

First guy Google had listed under 'Roger Woods'. This guy, @LoyalRam ?

Seems like a decent guy.

It’s weird— the ability to CATCH is an oddly under-rated skill when evaluating WR’s.

Too much focus on forty-times.

It’s why I wanted Hopkins over Tavon...good HANDS are crucial

So true.

View attachment 25955

"Anybody can run around the field, real fast. It's HOLDING onto the ball that counts."

:hiding: sorry, guys. That one's a gem. Gotta pull it up once in a while when the situation demands it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Allen just ended his chance to win the #2 job w that pick.

He never has a chance. I’m not or did not watch the game.

As I stated this week. Allen will get cut. Perez will be practice squad guy. Especially with Mexico game in for peak.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Every year it’s someone.

The following players say hi:

Nelson Spruce
Duke Williams
Daniel Rodriguez
Andrew Helmick

There is a difference here. You can clearly see this guy has a special talent. He stands out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is Mundt the 3rd TE?
He should be !! He flashed last year like Ejuan Price did at DE. Both guys have stuck through practice squad.

McVay for some reason really likes Hemmingway. Does the little things well, he just can’t catch the football.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LoyalRam, I don't recall if you spend much time in the draft forum. WR is my position. I know the ins and outs of it well. I'm watching his routes and releases. His route running is not crisp and severely flawed. It's why he has to keep making contested catches. Today, he backed into both of his stop routes, which allowed the defender to smother it. The guy has outstanding hands. He has enough skill and talent to be worth developing. But he's nowhere close to ready to play on Sundays. He's playing against guys who won't see the field when the regular season hits.

Reynolds, if you remember, was great last preseason and then held his own on Sundays against NFL players. He's further along in the process than Hodge and even more gifted. Don't put him out of mind because he's been injured and out of sight this preseason. Thomas is a special teams stud. We've consistently had top special teams units over the past few years. I put a lot of value in guys who can do what Thomas can do on special teams. When you're talking about a #6 WR, that's where he'll be making his mark.

Totally agree. Hodge did flash in training camp. Maybe it was because he made a play
About 15 yards away from me. The ball just stuck to his hand(s). Was during team scrimmage. He made a few plays.During all preseason as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It would be a complete travesty if Hemingway beat out Mundt.

Wasn't Johnny also a QB in college. In light of our backup QB situation that may hold value too

Strike that QB reference that was Travis Wilson who is long gone at TE.

PAC 12 Ute !! A good guy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I find funny in this what have you done for me lately world we live in, is that in the last regular season game the Rams played, Mike Thomas was the only player who stood out in what was an otherwise disasterous display of “offense”. Now some want him cut for this year’s Nelson Spruce?
Hodge will make it to the PS....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sean McVay better be right, I don't think sitting Goff the whole preseason was the right call, but I was not Coach of the Year. Hopefully, the offense will be ready and I don't care about how well the Rams run practice the QB never takes a hit and sometimes it's good to get that out of the way, but I understand about health.

Just hope they are ready for Oakland and that Purgatory, they call a football field.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Sean McVay better be right, I don't think sitting Goff the whole preseason was the right call, but I was not Coach of the Year. Hopefully, the offense will be ready and I don't care about how well the Rams run practice the QB never takes a hit and sometimes it's good to get that out of the way, but I understand about health.

Just hope they are ready for Oakland and that Purgatory, they call a football field.

I’m with you, Denny. Did any other team sit their QB the entire preseason? It seems unprecedented for a completely healthy quarterback. And Gurley, Cooks....who else didn’t play a minute?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is exactly why Payton is doing this right now. Mental warfare and I think he's hoping the young head coach will try to go for revenge and make mistakes instead of doing what normally the play sheet or game plan would call. Stand Firm Mcvay!!

I don’t think so. He had a first round pick that needs a lot of work, so he played some starters to help him. He was trying to get Peat back, so he played some starters to help him. I just think Payton does some things differently. It’s not the first time he has rubbed someone the wrong way. He is just a nonconformist.

I am disappointed that Perez hasn’t been given enough to work with. I guess its PS worthy, i just think if he had the same amount of time as Mannion or Allen it would of shown. His release itself looks better than Mannions and Allens combined.

Perez has some ability but damn he has to be beyond raw when it comes to reading defenses. His thought process has to be slowed down considerably. I can understand bringing him along slowly but, I don’t know that it is worth investing a lot of time or a PS spot on him.

Tano

Legend
One thing I find funny in this what have you done for me lately world we live in, is that in the last regular season game the Rams played, Mike Thomas was the only player who stood out in what was an otherwise disasterous display of “offense”. Now some want him cut for this year’s Nelson Spruce?
Hodge will make it to the PS....
Well you have to remember that Britt Quick and Tavon were the primary receivers on that team is why Spruce was hyped so much.

Psycho_X

Legend
I gotta say John Franklin-Myers really excites me. He's looking like a gem. I can't wait to see him develop. The tools are there for him to be an impact player. He has such a great combination of speed and power.

I do really like JFM, looking forward to watching him develop. Very well built physically for a rookie and like you said has some good get off for his size. Something about watching him makes me think of a young Michael Bennett. I think JFM is a little bigger though.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
@LoyalRam.
I have absolutely nothing against Hodge.
I would love to see him make the team based on all the glowing reports.
It is just there's no way I would risk losing Cooper and his proven production as a returner for the newest potential guy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m with you, Denny. Did any other team sit their QB the entire preseason? It seems unprecedented for a completely healthy quarterback. And Gurley, Cooks....who else didn’t play a minute?

I understand about sitting Whitworth, Sullivan & Saffold and I also understand about the trepidation of playing Goff without those guys upfront, but one series or two would have benefited them IMO. Again, if the Rams come out on the Eve of September firing on all cylinders, no concern, but if Goff struggles, there will be many that question why no preseason snaps.