Rams@Saints - Preseason Game #4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Asshole Face. Not close.

:boxing:

0EA81809-C8E0-4085-AE81-C98616ADCE5B.jpeg

38ADA807-A300-41AE-96F8-9C99886A8128.jpeg

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Sean McVay smiled and shook his hand like he always does. Wade Phillips.... the coldest shoulder to Payton as I've ever seen that man give anyone. Wow, straight faced "fuck you" walk right by Payton without even acknowledging his existence. Someone is bringing THE PAIN on November 4th.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Glad the pre season is over. Now lets cut down to 53 and get AD in and get down to kicking someNFL azz.:deadhorse:

I saw that look on Wade's face as he went by Payton. Wade is not gonna forget this one.:boxing:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Sean McVay smiled and shook his hand like he always does. Wade Phillips.... the coldest shoulder to Payton as I've ever seen that man give anyone. Wow, straight faced "freak you" walk right by Payton without even acknowledging his existence. Someone is bringing THE PAIN on November 4th.

Hahaha dude I literally saw that! Wade was not having it! Payton’s gonna pay.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Allen lol. All he had to do to win that job was not screw up, just run the offense, hand it off, and throw it away if it wasn't there. Looks like Mannion can celebrate tonight.

Really unhappy with our depth DBs and it's not just this game. Conversely really happy with the depth OL and it's not just this game.

Cutdowns are going to be interesting.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
An All-Pro returner has the potential to pick up 100 yards in field position a game.
Hodge may very well be a better receiver but he's not a better Return Man at this point.

Plus as a receiver he's going to be buried down the depth chart.
jrry32 says he's watched Hodge, and that his route running is not great and puts himself in a position where he has to catch contested balls. We both agree that Hodge is tenacious and has good hands. I haven't spent time watching as closely as jrry has most likely...I just think the future of a WR is more important than of a ST's guy, and if we dump guys who may develop into great WR's, with the ability to win contested balls, and get two feet down while doing it...I just think that skill set is more important. We are spoiled now with Cooper Kupp, Roger Woods, and hopefully Cooks with guys who are really good at what they do....SO many couldn't do what I see Hodge can do, in the last 14 years. Pharoh is a great returner, but it seems like a 50/50 chance he catches the ball....Thomas? Well maybe he'll surprise me, but I haven't seen much from him as a WR the last couple of years for various reasons.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Glad this meaningless game is over with. Although I'm genuinely worried about the rust of our 1st team offense. Goff, Woods, Cook, Kupp, Gurley, and most of our O-line didn't play a single snap this preseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
jrry32 says he's watched Hodge, and that his route running is not great and puts himself in a position where he has to catch contested balls. We both agree that Hodge is tenacious and has good hands. I haven't spent time watching as closely as jrry has most likely...I just think the future of a WR is more important than of a ST's guy, and if we dump guys who may develop into great WR's, with the ability to win contested balls, and get two feet down while doing it...I just think that skill set is more important. We are spoiled now with Cooper Kupp, Roger Woods, and hopefully Cooks with guys who are really good at what they do....SO many couldn't do what I see Hodge can do, in the last 14 years. Pharoh is a great returner, but it seems like a 50/50 chance he catches the ball....Thomas? Well maybe he'll surprise me, but I haven't seen much from him as a WR the last couple of years for various reasons.

Of course his route running isn't polished, he's an undrafted rook. But he's 6'2", strong with DBs, and that ability to make contested catches, along with his hands overall, are natural gifts that a lot of drafted WRs don't have. It's a supply and demand issue in terms of his value, along with the question of whether he'll clear waivers after what he's done in preseason (I don't believe he will).

We all know teams is the priority with bottom roster dudes. But if a player shows enough to where the staff really wants to keep him and doesn't think he'll clear waivers, sometimes they'll make room for him. We'll see man, no reason to sweat the moves made this low on the depth chart.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It’s weird— the ability to CATCH is an oddly under-rated skill when evaluating WR’s.

Too much focus on forty-times.

It’s why I wanted Hopkins over Tavon...good HANDS are crucial

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There's a lot of WR talent in the NFL today. Might Hodge get snapped up by another team? It's possible. However, you have to keep in mind that players like Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, Kenny Britt, etc. are free agents. A lot of teams have young WRs who have shown enough to be worth developing. Hodge was a late addition (literally right before training camp started). He's put some good film out there and has shown he's worth developing. That's incredible for a guy who was one of the last guys onto the roster. Those guys are generally just warm bodies. However, he's still sushi raw. He's not the only guy with developmental potential out there. What teams are generally looking for with their bottom-of-the-roster guys are players who can play special teams. Hodge is a perfect candidate for the practice squad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care about the 2pt conversions... some coaches use the preseason to work some things and if the Saints aren't super confident on their kicking game or if they think with their D that they may be in a lot of shootouts, then it makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is the constant blitzing, redoing a meaningless kick and other things they've done.

I honestly don't care about the score. We got out healthy and I think there's a clear picture of who will be on the roster.

Point is that Asshole Face is a petty ass and all this little stuff in the preseason won't be forgotten come the regular season.

Payton has always been a petty ass, but McVay isn't bothered by this. Let Payton showboat when the games don't count. We'll get ours when they do.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a lot of WR talent in the NFL today. Might Hodge get snapped up by another team? It's possible. However, you have to keep in mind that players like Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, Kenny Britt, etc. are free agents. A lot of teams have young WRs who have shown enough to be worth developing. Hodge was a late addition (literally right before training camp started). He's put some good film out there and has shown he's worth developing. That's incredible for a guy who was one of the last guys onto the roster. Those guys are generally just warm bodies. However, he's still sushi raw. He's not the only guy with developmental potential out there. What teams are generally looking for with their bottom-of-the-roster guys are players who can play special teams. Hodge is a perfect candidate for the practice squad.
It will be interesting...I hope no one else has been watching him and he makes it to our PS, but I think some teams grabs him for their 53.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta say John Franklin-Myers really excites me. He's looking like a gem. I can't wait to see him develop. The tools are there for him to be an impact player. He has such a great combination of speed and power.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A couple observations from the game.
Had nice seats, between the 35 and 40 behind the Rams bench row 11.
I don't think Williams played but Lucas did the entire game; not real impressed with him. Hodge did not play much. Hemmingway did but i don't think he was targeted. Mundt caught most if not all of what was thrown to him.
I would keep Perez over Allen.
94, Bryant should be done and Smart dressed but i did not see him get in the game. 31 Nixon is done, he gave so many completions in the first half. Parker had a great INT, Rose had a nice run late, and Natson also had some nice kick returns and he also looked like the only receiver tonight who could get any separation. Wish i could come back here for the Nov game.

fearsomefour

Legend
I gotta say John Franklin-Myers really excites me. He's looking like a gem. I can't wait to see him develop. The tools are there for him to be an impact player. He has such a great combination of speed and power.
Uses leverage well for a young player.
Stands to reason he will get stronger and improve his technique with more NFL training.

fearsomefour

Legend
Allen lol. All he had to do to win that job was not screw up, just run the offense, hand it off, and throw it away if it wasn't there. Looks like Mannion can celebrate tonight.

Really unhappy with our depth DBs and it's not just this game. Conversely really happy with the depth OL and it's not just this game.

Cutdowns are going to be interesting.
By DB depth you're talking about the 5th and or 6th CBS?

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
also #49 Young was probably the most active playmaker on defense tonight. And it seemed #59 was always behind the play.