Rams’ Saffold moves along the line for Sunday’s game(Starting at RG)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dear Football Gods,

Please allow Safffold to dominate as a guard and to love it so much he wants to be a LG for us in the future.

Accept my offer in advance for your gift.

nuts-girls-christmas-shoot-03-640.jpg
Mother of God....

V3

Hall of Fame
He looked good today but I still can't trust him to stay healthy. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me....too many times to count, shame on me.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
On that 56 yr run by Cunningham it was the left side of Shelley Smith & Jake Long who moved the DL right ....Yes it was ORG Rodger Saffold who made the very big block when he pulled left & blocked left & blew up the outside right defense with a big HOLE for Cunningham to run through.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
On that 56 yr run by Cunningham it was the left side of Shelley Smith & Jake Long who moved the DL right ....Yes it was ORG Rodger Saffold who made the very big block when he pulled left & blocked left & blew up the outside right defense with a big HOLE for Cunningham to run through.

Yeah and Tim Ryan didn't give him the credit he deserved cuz that WAS THE block

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Now all we have to do is convince him that Guard is his destiny and get him to buy into the notion that the premiere position (blindside protector) is kinda overrated.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Scaffold looked great out there today. I'm glad we found a way to use him.

V3

Hall of Fame
Now all we have to do is convince him that Guard is his destiny and get him to buy into the notion that the premiere position (blindside protector) is kinda overrated.

Can you also convince him to not get injured so often?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Can you also convince him to not get injured so often?

Hey V3 did you happen to see the unusual heavy duty massive dual knee braces that Rodger Saffold now wears? Sure to hurt his mobility on his pulling but he did look mighty quick yesterday wearing them. Nobody worries about Saffold injures like I do...no matter how much I may like his play on the field (when he is not hurt) there is no way you or I can get over the past three seasons...You think Saffold convinced himself not to get injured so much? Those injuries have certainly cost him big (very BIG future $$$).

Yes those constant injuries has turned a outstanding young healthy OL prospect into an after thought today. Saffold went from Rookie of the 2010 Year honors @ Left OT, then the rash of injuries got him moved to Right OT then another couple of injuries later now has Saffold subbing for Harvey Dahl @ Right OG who just happened to suffered the same type of injury that Saffold himself suffered early this season. Now that's not the way you plan your future in the NFL. I do feel bad for Saffold.

The injuries to our OG's lasty yr & this season do seem to be less of an issue than injuries to our starting OT's. Wondering now since the Org. has inserted him @ OG....could a past injury prone OG be more acceptable than OT for a future UFA contract offer?

It sure obvious to me that the Ram Org. has moved on from Saffold as a starting OT for the Rams the rest of the 2013 season. That Joe Barksdale is the current & maybe future starting Right OT. That is still up for debate from me, but the rest of the Ram world has anointed him & cemented him as our future starting ORT. Barksdale has two flaws to improve on to make him as good as Saffold is....1-Run Blocking & 2- Master the super quick speed rushers. Saffold does not have those flaws. Boudreau is going to see if Barksdale can continue to improve in these areas with actual game time pressure.

The OL did not have a great overall performance in opening holes for the running game however yesterday the Rams rushed for 4 yd an attempt & ground out 140 yds on a playoff teams defense. How easy is it for a OT who has not played OG since middle school come in and highly perform in the NFL @ a new OL position??? Says something to me about Saffold's smartness & high level of talent add like I said earlier about his pride and what he has undergone since the 2013 year began.

As far as his future as a ram highly unlikely he will return.....I think Miami would pay big $$$to have Saffold playing OT with them in 2014 & beyond Saffold is found in south Fl. in the off season. Much more than the Rams could muster up after purchasing big cap suckers like UFA's Finnegan & Cook. Other OL deprived teams like Pittsburgh & San Diego could use Saffold.

The Rams have paid big for some less than stellar performing UFA's. The top 7 big $$ cap expenditures have four i.e. 10 mil avg season for Finnegan, 8.3 mil avg. for a MLB JL, 7 mil year avg. for Jared Cook & 6 mil yr avg for Scott Wells none have the playing talent of a Rodger Saffold, if it were not for all those injuries....Saffold would make a great future starting LEFT OG @ a much less cost.

V3

Hall of Fame
Hey V3 did you happen to see the unusual heavy duty massive dual knee braces that Rodger Saffold now wears? Sure to hurt his mobility on his pulling but he did look mighty quick yesterday wearing them. Nobody worries about Saffold injures like I do...no matter how much I may like his play on the field (when he is not hurt) there is no way you or I can get over the past three seasons...You think Saffold convinced himself not to get injured so much? Those injuries have certainly cost him big (very BIG future $$$).

Yes those constant injuries has turned a outstanding young healthy OL prospect into an after thought today. Saffold went from Rookie of the 2010 Year honors @ Left OT, then the rash of injuries got him moved to Right OT then another couple of injuries later now has Saffold subbing for Harvey Dahl @ Right OG who just happened to suffered the same type of injury that Saffold himself suffered early this season. Now that's not the way you plan your future in the NFL. I do feel bad for Saffold.

The injuries to our OG's lasty yr & this season do seem to be less of an issue than injuries to our starting OT's. Wondering now since the Org. has inserted him @ OG....could a past injury prone OG be more acceptable than OT for a future UFA contract offer?

It sure obvious to me that the Ram Org. has moved on from Saffold as a starting OT for the Rams the rest of the 2013 season. That Joe Barksdale is the current & maybe future starting Right OT. That is still up for debate from me, but the rest of the Ram world has anointed him & cemented him as our future starting ORT. Barksdale has two flaws to improve on to make him as good as Saffold is....1-Run Blocking & 2- Master the super quick speed rushers. Saffold does not have those flaws. Boudreau is going to see if Barksdale can continue to improve in these areas with actual game time pressure.

The OL did not have a great overall performance in opening holes for the running game however yesterday the Rams rushed for 4 yd an attempt & ground out 140 yds on a playoff teams defense. How easy is it for a OT who has not played OG since middle school come in and highly perform in the NFL @ a new OL position??? Says something to me about Saffold's smartness & high level of talent add like I said earlier about his pride and what he has undergone since the 2013 year began.

As far as his future as a ram highly unlikely he will return.....I think Miami would pay big $$$to have Saffold playing OT with them in 2014 & beyond Saffold is found in south Fl. in the off season. Much more than the Rams could muster up after purchasing big cap suckers like UFA's Finnegan & Cook. Other OL deprived teams like Pittsburgh & San Diego could use Saffold.

The Rams have paid big for some less than stellar performing UFA's. The top 7 big $$ cap expenditures have four i.e. 10 mil avg season for Finnegan, 8.3 mil avg. for a MLB JL, 7 mil year avg. for Jared Cook & 6 mil yr avg for Scott Wells none have the playing talent of a Rodger Saffold, if it were not for all those injuries....Saffold would make a great future starting LEFT OG @ a much less cost.

I was being facetious with that post. I know he has no control over that and would love to not be injured all the time. My point is that I can't trust him. I think he looked very good at OG and if someone could guarantee he'd stay healthy, I'd love to have him back. His past tells me that's not going to happen, though, and teams like Miami and Atlanta are so desperate for Olineman that they'll overpay for someone like Saffold. I just don't think the Rams are going to want to pay a lot of money on a player that they're not sure can make it through a whole season. I sure wouldn't. I like him when he's playing, though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was being facetious. He's going to test the market and try to land a LT gig. That's what he likes doing.