Rams restructure Jared Goff's contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trading Havenstein could free up some space as well correct?

I just don't think we can pay a guy that much just to compete for a spot and maybe be a back up. Thats too much money to sit on the bench
On the other side of the coin, you would have to find another team with cap space that does regard Havenstein as a good starter, worth that salary and is willing to give up a decent pick for him.

EDIT: Looks like he just got restructured.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Have I missed something with Fournette?!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Kevin Demoff continues to impress with his accounting magic. Goff’s restructured contract will take a hit on our cap in the future years but the Gurley and Cooks contracts frontloaded the dead money for this year to free up most of 2021 and beyond

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Boom, were in business. Glad we didn't do the failed physical crap w/ Robinson and/or Floyd

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I don't think anyone trades for Fournette until after round 3 is done. Then maybe Jags get a nibble.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If they do want to move Hav (and I actually don't think they do) the public nature and timing of this announcement also allows them to retain leverage and not look so weak in negotiations.
If they take an OG or OT, then he is gone. Even a OG like Hunt, keeps Evans at RT and then it makes sense to move Havenstein.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How much will it cost to sign all our draft picks this year?
ATM spotrac.com estimates our draft picks 2020 salary will count $5.9 million roughly against the cap. But you have to keep in mind that at the end of the day only the 53 man roster counts against the cap. So right now they also say we have $2.4 million in space. But we know we get money back when Gurley passes his physical. Plus in order for the draft picks to count against the cap somebody else will have to drop off of the count.

Right now we have 7 picks for that $5.9 million. Well 5 people making say $675k which is what the lowest paid for the most part make on the roster. So those 5 taken off the cap also negates roughly $3.4 million. So our $2.4 million available plus the $3.4 million that won't count because they slip below the top 53 (yes for right now only the top 51 count I'm just doing the full math) so that makes it so we'll slide in just over the cap on the top 53 (yes 51 count). We also know that they redid something with Havenstein today to free up something like another $1.8 million so we're golden for now. We don't have much cap space at all but we can sign our draft picks after today's activity.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Based on projected salaries the bottom half of the 5th on down won't count against cap.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ATM spotrac.com estimates our draft picks 2020 salary will count $5.9 million roughly against the cap. But you have to keep in mind that at the end of the day only the 53 man roster counts against the cap. So right now they also say we have $2.4 million in space. But we know we get money back when Gurley passes his physical. Plus in order for the draft picks to count against the cap somebody else will have to drop off of the count.

Right now we have 7 picks for that $5.9 million. Well 5 people making say $675k which is what the lowest paid for the most part make on the roster. So those 5 taken off the cap also negates roughly $3.4 million. So our $2.4 million available plus the $3.4 million that won't count because they slip below the top 53 (yes for right now only the top 51 count I'm just doing the full math) so that makes it so we'll slide in just over the cap on the top 53 (yes 51 count). We also know that they redid something with Havenstein today to free up something like another $1.8 million so we're golden for now. We don't have much cap space at all but we can sign our draft picks after today's activity.
So enough to lock up Ramsey and Fournette long term? BRILLIANT!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The Goff restructure means we have a little more room for 2020 (so can sign both Floyd and Robinson)... but it means we will have slightly less cap room in future years (over the length of Goff’s contract)... right?

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
So enough to lock up Ramsey and Fournette long term? BRILLIANT!
I think it would take more moves. Ramsey is a 13mil hit this year. Its possible they could extend him and convert some of that to a signing bonus to clear room for Fournette.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh. So Foolio was full of shit AGAIN.

1587765502282.png

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
We save about 7 million for the cap.

Magen asked about restructuring he said "I don't see why not," Goff said. "It doesn't change anything for me and it helps the team out."

gotta love the kids heart.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
We save about 7 million for the cap.

Magen asked about restructuring he said "I don't see why not," Goff said. "It doesn't change anything for me and it helps the team out."

gotta love the kids heart.

In Snead I Trust...

Also...ur avi is dope as fuck