Rams restructure Jared Goff's contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Step one - sign A'Shawn Robinson and Leonard Floyd.
Step two - restructure Goff's contract
Step three - get awesome players in the draft.
Step four - profit.

Ram65

Legend
Rams committed to stopping the run. Finally a big NT and depth on the defensive line. Floyd protects the edge and now the Rams need some ILber help.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they do want to move Hav (and I actually don't think they do) the public nature and timing of this announcement also allows them to retain leverage and not look so weak in negotiations.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
If they do want to move Hav (and I actually don't think they do) the public nature and timing of this announcement also allows them to retain leverage and not look so weak in negotiations.

I think I am one of the few Rams Fans that agree with you about Havenstein.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And THAT is what a team player does to win. He'll get paid back ten-fold if the W's start stacking up.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Interesting to note here that they mention Gurley passing his physical and us getting cap relief on that basis. So if that's still up in the air then its likely why we haven't paid him yet.

If.thats true I find it interesting that the Rams haven't publicly said that they are waiting until Gurley passes his physical and his physical determines how much money he gets. The Rams have purposely avoided any comment on Todd's health even when he was still on the team.

I may be reading to much into this info and yes we've moved on as a team, but I've thought for a while.that Todd Gurleys health was and is more of a factor than has been publicly reported and it seems that the Rams are still protecting that information.

View: https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/1253753176961908736?s=19

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And THAT is what a team player does to win. He'll get paid back ten-fold if the W's start stacking up.

He's not taking a pay cut. They're just shifting money around for accounting purposes. It doesn't affect what Goff is paid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting to note here that they mention Gurley passing his physical and us getting cap relief on that basis. So if that's still up in the air then its likely why we haven't paid him yet.

If.thats true I find it interesting that the Rams haven't publicly said that they are waiting until Gurley passes his physical and his physical determines how much money he gets. The Rams have purposely avoided any comment on Todd's health even when he was still on the team.

I may be reading to much into this info and yes we've moved on as a team, but I've thought for a while.that Todd Gurleys health was and is more of a factor than has been publicly reported and it seems that the Rams are still protecting that information.

View: https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/1253753176961908736?s=19

So this puts us a couple million in free space or close to it. Then IIRC when Gurley passes his physical it was $8.5 million more cap space or something like that? Should get us to the season with that no problem.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
So this puts us a couple million in free space or close to it. Then IIRC when Gurley passes his physical it was $8.5 million more cap space or something like that? Should get us to the season with that no problem.
If Gurley passes we'll get 5.5mil back on june 2nd, and if he fails we owe 10mil.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Trading Havenstein could free up some space as well correct?

I just don't think we can pay a guy that much just to compete for a spot and maybe be a back up. Thats too much money to sit on the bench