Rams release OL Garrett Reynolds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Garrett Reynolds was a lifesaver for our young and oft injured OL in '15. A very savvy signing, indeed.

But 2 very important things are different in the here and now.

First, our OL has greatly improved and now has very good depth even without GR.

Second, GR's apparently serious injury makes his potential contributions a moot point for at least the first half of the season, anyway.

I wish him the very best, but I think our OL is in pretty good shape here in '16, even without him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
there has to be a sensible explanation for this that will make sense when we get more in depth details.
My thoughts....I remember the first preseason game....versus the Dallas Cowboys...maybe Goff's 2nd pass...could have been his first or 3rd....ever...in a Rams uni....And with a delayed "A" gap blitz, Reynolds has turned in such a way that he fails to pick it up...and Goff is creamed...I just thought, Damn, reminds me of Jake Long and Sam...I figured it was Donnal...or somebody else..instead it was Reynolds at RG....doing what I'd consider was a rookie move...was it indicative of his play? Was it just a sign that he's losing a step? Or, do they believe the kids are getting better than a journeyman lineman? Somewhere in there lies an answer....

Just think, they'd rather keep Battle, Williams, and Rhaney over Reynolds....nuff said. We have some great depth at offensive guard....Saffold is the only real swing tackle...