Rams release OL Garrett Reynolds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm very surprised. He was one of our best OLs last year and extremely versatile.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Injury must be serious like season ending type.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
So does this mean he was hurt, going to miss games and the Rams did not want to have to make the decision that he could return? Probably there is someone else they want to designate for return from the IR and they think once he is healthy Reynolds will resign with the Rams.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Really a fan of him, and how he played for us. His injury was very unfortunate. There's not a lot here to comment on, since we can't really say why it happened yet, or what it means for the future.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I'd like to think our young guys simply passed him due to upgraded ability. But I believe it's more injury related.

Reynolds is the kind of guy I tend to respect because of how hard he had to work to become as effective as he could be.

Still, releasing him indicates Coach Bou's faith in the pups.

Thanks Garrett. Appreciate all you did. Roster is trending up because as good as you are...we must have talent on this line hidden from most of us fans.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
WHAT THE P !!!!!!

first Roberson and now my second favorite guy Reynolds out.....

What happened with these two guys from last year - where I thought they played great (or on the Rodney McLeod scale an 8) - to this year where none of that matters....

What is with the youth movement on a team that has been the youngest team in the league for the last 5 freakin' years!!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
WHAT THE P !!!!!!

first Roberson and now my second favorite guy Reynolds out.....

What happened with these two guys from last year - where I thought they played great (or on the Rodney McLeod scale an 8) - to this year where none of that matters....

What is with the youth movement on a team that has been the youngest team in the league for the last 5 freakin' years!!

The ability to upgrade a roster from good vets to great youngsters is the mark of a long ranged, winning program. Maybe Snead is a genius. Maybe not. This is the year we find the truth.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
So does this mean he was hurt, going to miss games and the Rams did not want to have to make the decision that he could return? Probably there is someone else they want to designate for return from the IR and they think once he is healthy Reynolds will resign with the Rams.
I don't think this has to do with the designate for return mark. They could simply keep him on IR if they wanted. It may be related to money? I can't think of another reason why we wouldn't hold on to him longer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think this has to do with the designate for return mark. They could simply keep him on IR if they wanted. It may be related to money? I can't think of another reason why we wouldn't hold on to him longer.

It might have been Reynolds's request. Maybe he has an injury that will allow him to return this season.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This sucks. Was the best surprise on the O-line last year9besides Hav). he was great depth and played well. WTF.,

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It might have been Reynolds's request. Maybe he has an injury that will allow him to return this season.
I could definitely see a scenario where the Rams tried to stash him on I.R. with a couple week type injury.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The ability to upgrade a roster from good vets to great youngsters is the mark of a long ranged, winning program. Maybe Snead is a genius. Maybe not. This is the year we find the truth.

I'd tend to agree
but after 4 years of being the youngest team and not even cracking 8-8 you'd realize it's a formula for perpetual mediocrity - if Snead is such a genius why not show more faith in previous players we have brought in and invested in over the years.
I'm starting to think this is some twisted money ball bullshit.

I just don't see greatness in any Offensive Linemen we've brought in via draft or UDFA that's better than Reynolds! IR or not

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure how it matters much, Reynolds becomes a free agent at the end of the season anyway. They may still re-sign him next year if he's needed, and probably at less cost. jmo.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I'd tend to agree
but after 4 years of being the youngest team and not even cracking 8-8 you'd realize it's a formula for perpetual mediocrity - if Snead is such a genius why not show more faith in previous players we have brought in and invested in over the years.
I'm starting to think this is some twisted money ball bullcrap.

I just don't see greatness in any Offensive Linemen we've brought in via draft or UDFA that's better than Reynolds! IR or not

Robinson, Wichmann, Saffold, Barnes, Brown, Havenstein, Donnal > Reynolds. If Rhaney, Murphy, and Williams have more potential than Reynolds (I personally see that as a HUGE stretch) then the unit is upgraded by this move. Personally, I just think the injury issue has to be the impetus. I see the Rams releasing him to make space to develop the pups until Reynolds is healthy again, believing he will later be still available. If the starting line stays healthy, it's better to develop talent than to hold a place for someone we won't need.

Developing youth in an injury plagued league is wise IMO

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very surprising, but probably because we don't hear squat about the injury statuses. I just hope it's not a "cut him because we like the kids better" deal, because while that could be good it could also be bad. Yeah, it's gotta be an injury deal, holy crap.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This is like the price is right. The showcase showdown. You never know what you will get.
bob-barker-fail-sign.jpg

Im tired of surprises and head scratching decisions made before the season opener for us. Makes you wonder.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

It is sort of both. They wanted to keep him on IR the whole year. He feels he can be back in 4-6 weeks and have a chance for another contract. Staying on year long IR does not help him personally.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The Rams knew how important Reynolds was to their depth so there has to be a sensible explanation for this that will make sense when we get more in depth details.

This seems kind of puzzling on the surface?
BIcFUBb.gif