Rams release chris long jared cook and jl55

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
That's what happens when you "re-build" as slowly as the Rams have been, cornerstone players in their prime become past their prime cap casualties. Hopefully we'll reach the playoffs before guys like Jenkins and Johnson are cap casualties (I'd accept Gurley at this point).

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Saw all these cuts happening but that doesn't make it easier to take.

James and Chris are guys I'm always going to look back at with fond memories, despite recent struggles.

I love that, in his farewell letter, Chris admitted that he had a rough couple years. The dude has to be one of the most humble and down to earth guys in the league.

James, I haven't been praising him recently either, but he was an iron man and a great leader.

Cook... I'm sure you are a great guy in real life and if I met you I wouldn't hold anything against you at all. That said, you aren't very good at football.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Super smart move. This had to happen as during there tender, never able to get this team over 7 wins. The money can be allocated to Tru, Jenkins, Barron (who are in there prime) and Hayes. Ragland becomes a real option at 15.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are there any non fisher picks left on the team?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think most of us expected this. Now let's see which - if any - of these guys come back w better cap numbers.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Super smart move. This had to happen as during there tender, never able to get this team over 7 wins. The money can be allocated to Tru, Jenkins, Barron (who are in there prime) and Hayes. Ragland becomes a real option at 15.

Ragland at 15.... argh
Morrison in the 3rd sounds better to me

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
Got to believe they mean business this year..Imho not sure if this would have happened if the team would still be attached to the previous fan base since JL and CL meant so much to the community.

RamBill

Legend
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Just 5 players (Rodger Saffold, Eugene Sims, Lance Kendricks, Jake McQuaide, Robert Quinn) left on the Rams roster that predate Jeff Fisher.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to hope they fill these positions in FA in some capacity...

We have to draft a QB high this year....my new biggest fear is drafting other positions besides QB and putting faith in Mannion.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sad day for me personally. I really liked JL and CL. I really thought a restructure was coming and not an actual cut.

Just want to say thank you to Chris Long and JL55 for being consummate pros and representing the horns with class.

RamBill

Legend
Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel
Rams become a leader in 2016 salary cap space by cutting Chris Long, James Laurinaitis & Jared Cook. Now approaching $60M in cap room.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Loved all the work Long and JL have put in for us they have been pillars on this team in so many ways and they will be missed. However their salaries combined with their age didn't fit what we want to do when you consider all of our FAs.

I expect at least 2 of the 4 Jenkins, Tru, Rodney, and Barron to sign shortly because cutting those vets now gives you the space to sign those guys before the cap resets in the new league year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel
Rams become a leader in 2016 salary cap space by cutting Chris Long, James Laurinaitis & Jared Cook. Now approaching $60M in cap room.
We can sign janoris from the money today alone. Free agency should be fun

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This puts TE, MLB, DE, WR and QB on the table as needs....after re-signing our own guys.

Almost funny but one could argue DE is a big need....Quinn has been hurt, Hayes is older, Long is gone....

BPA for sure in the first round. But with a good QB, you don't need a perfect team around him....I hope they get that

Maybe they can find a few of the needs in free agency. Marvin Jones, Rishard Matthews could be viable receivers. A few TE's and MLBs out there too.

JL is the surprise. We're going to need him in 2016. I'd expect a new deal there for sure.
Would like to see Long brought back too in a reserve role.

I thought Long looked very slow this past season.