Rams release chris long jared cook and jl55

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The master plan remains to be seen, but cutting James Laurinaitis over Rodger Saffold would be really dumb.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got nothin but love for Long and Laurinaitis and wouldn't mind seeing either brought back on the cheaper especially Chris but this is a business and like Chris says in his tweet he wasn't producing and it's to be expected.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Had to be done. I love JL55 and Long as player but I was definitely in the camp of releasing all three. Not enough value on the field for their salary.

I would welcome JL and Long back at the right price, for sure.

If we are not going to address TE in the draft (e.g. Henry), I'd even take Cook back if the value is right. I still don't think we used him right, and he was our leading receiver for most of his years here. You could do worse for a receiving TE.

However, I am not sure if any of the three would come back on deals the Rams consider fair value. They could probably fetch more on the open market. Thank them for all of their service.... but they can be vastly overpaid on some other team's roster now.

RamBill

Legend
In breaking news from Rams camp, the Rams have released veteran linebacker James Laurinaitis, defensive end Chris Long and tight end Jared Cook. Myles Simmons and Dani Kuplenger with the Report.

Watch Rams Roster Report.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This puts TE, MLB, DE, WR and QB on the table as needs....after re-signing our own guys.

Almost funny but one could argue DE is a big need....Quinn has been hurt, Hayes is older, Long is gone....

BPA for sure in the first round. But with a good QB, you don't need a perfect team around him....I hope they get that

They have 6 picks, and need those 5 positions plus replacing anybody lost as a free agent. I think trading to move up is out.

jap

Legend
I expected this. They have a lot of young talent to retain. It's possible Chris or the Baby Animal may be restructured.

Ram65

Legend
Pretty much what most have been saying all along. Some say resign at a lower price point some say not at all. I like to see JL and CL back at a lower price. I'm not totally against JC being resigned but he has been somewhat of a disappointment.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If we do not bring any back on lesser deals, I would not at all be surprised to see Snisher go defense with their 1st round pick again...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'll go ahead and pound the table now for bringing JL back on a bargain contract. We can move on without Long and Cook.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Thank you James and Chris. Two consummate professionals who's value stretched way beyond the field. Left everything on the field every week and never a peep of trouble... Two of my all time favourite Rams. Wish you both well moving forward.

Man, football fucking sucks sometimes.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Damnnnnn

Chris Long I knew was going and don't mind - he'll get work, super cool dude when he's not telling fans how to root for their team

JL will be missed - one of the Ram greats

I hope Cook signs with the 49ers

This must be all part of the master plan, the way their contracts were structured

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's a shame about Long and Laurinaitis. Absolutely professional in every way, and I'll miss them. Unfortunately, if we want to extend better players, moves like these have to be made.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well we can do a lot at 15 now can't we? Could pick a big time linebacker or pass rusher or qb or pass rusher Or receiver. Hopefully we address at least two of those in free agency.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
LOL at the Rams' twitter. Having graphics thanking Chris and James, not Jared Cool. LOL.