Rams reach out to Kliff Kingsbury as offensive assistant/consultant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Kingsbury is an idiot if he passes on this opportunity. He can take the USC job and still coach with us through the end of the year. There is so much he could learn by working with Sean McVay, Wade, Kromer, Bones, and all the other talented coaches here. There's so much he could learn by being in the facility and seeing how a top team is run. This sort of opportunity is worth its weight in gold. Passing on it shows me that he lacks foresight.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I think Kingsbury is an idiot if he passes on this opportunity. He can take the USC job and still coach with us through the end of the year. There is so much he could learn by working with Sean McVay, Wade, Kromer, Bones, and all the other talented coaches here. There's so much he could learn by being in the facility and seeing how a top team is run. This sort of opportunity is worth its weight in gold. Passing on it shows me that he lacks foresight.

do you really think USC would allow him to be with us these next few months instead of recruiting? I sure dont

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I call BS !! To each his own . I think he made an excellent choice for his career.

In college it is about recruiting. He is set up to be the HC at USC !! Tell Pete Carroll he is an idiot. He stayed at USC as long as he could. Now with Seattle. In a league they say Not For Long ?? Who knows if USC would have passed on him if he takes The Rams spot. What’s he going to get paid ???

Fight On !!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
do you really think USC would allow him to be with us these next few months instead of recruiting? I sure dont

Yep, I think he has the bargaining power for that. Plus, recruiting is about to hit the dead period.

I call BS !! To each his own . I think he made an excellent choice for his career.

In college it is about recruiting. He is set up to be the HC at USC !! Tell Pete Carroll he is an idiot. He stayed at USC as long as he could. Now with Seattle. In a league they say Not For Long ?? Who knows if USC would have passed on him if he takes The Rams spot. What’s he going to get paid ???

Fight On !!

It's an idiotic decision. And I'm not sure how he's in a position to be HC of USC. If he does well, Helton stays. If he doesn't, why would they give him the job?

It's a move that is lacking in foresight. That is especially true for a coach who has a lot to learn.

And don't even try to compare him to Pete Carroll. 1. He was the head coach of USC, and 2. He has been in Seattle for as long as he was with USC. There's no comparison between the two.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah - Pete Carroll was DC for one of the best teams .in NFL history.
IMO

One thing is true is it will play out one way or another. The recruiting class is now !! February is the biggest time of year for recruits. Not sure how that would work ?

Helton ?

MacVay , The Rams winning a Super Bowl priceless.

Last edited:

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy

H.Birdman

UDFA
Name
Harvey
I haven't followed college ball this year. Why so much love for a guy who just got fired as a head coach?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't followed college ball this year. Why so much love for a guy who just got fired as a head coach?
It is puzzling.
He took over a decent program and chased away QB’s Davis Webb and Baker Mayfield, then couldn’t win with Patrick Mahomes.
Now he ran some prolific offenses and expectations were too high, but he only had 2 winning seasons in 6 years where 1 was his first season and the 2nd was a 7-6 year

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I am beyond confused. He was a mediocre HC. I can understand why teams would be interested in him as an offensive coach, but I don't understand the HC looks.