Rams Re-sign Zuerlein

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
What he hurt last year? Insurance for now but he has to perform to a higher standard. Rams will bring in some comp to push him. May the best kicker win.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
UCLA's Fairbairn should be there in the 6th.

He's very similar to Zuerlein...Strong leg not very accurate whereas Martin is more accurate, but needs to work on his leg strength, however, now that the Rams are back in Los Angeles most will think they'll be looking at many from UCLA and USC.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
He's very similar to Zuerlein...Strong leg not very accurate whereas Martin is more accurate, but needs to work on his leg strength, however, now that the Rams are back in Los Angeles most will think they'll be looking at many from UCLA and USC.

As a avid Bruin supporter, I like Faibairn, that being said I would rather have GZ lining up for a big kick anyday

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Vikings
Ravens
Whiners

The Vikings he went 4-5 drilled a 61 yarder and a 53 yarder to send the game into OT - went 4-5 for the game on a blustery day in Minny (so much for the he can't kick outdoors theory)

The Ravens he missed a 52 with the game tied in the 4th ( Justin Tuck missed a 51 yarder same game) that was his only kick, I believe he was then placed on the injured list

The 49rs well I guess he did miss a 46 yarder when the Rams held the lead, then we all know about the blocked kick at the end

It ended up well, had the Niners not blocked that kick GZ would have drilled it and the Rams would be picking at 19 not 15

I think a lot of you guys are wrong on your assessments regarding Zurlein

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
[
Vikings
Ravens
Whiners

First off, the Vikings game was probably the only one he should have won for us. There was no reason to need a fucking field goal to beat the Ravens or Whiners last year. They were pathetic losses and if we had any sense of offense the kicking game wouldn't have been so important.

lockdnram21

Legend
[

First off, the Vikings game was probably the only one he should have won for us. There was no reason to need a freaking field goal to beat the Ravens or Whiners last year. They were pathetic losses and if we had any sense of offense the kicking game wouldn't have been so important.
Still he gets paid to make kicks

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope they do bring in some valid competition, not just some sluggo to keep Greg's leg fresh...

you dont mean THIS guy do you ??;)

sluggo.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Vikings he went 4-5 drilled a 61 yarder and a 53 yarder to send the game into OT - went 4-5 for the game on a blustery day in Minny (so much for the he can't kick outdoors theory)

The Ravens he missed a 52 with the game tied in the 4th ( Justin Tuck missed a 51 yarder same game) that was his only kick, I believe he was then placed on the injured list

The 49rs well I guess he did miss a 46 yarder when the Rams held the lead, then we all know about the blocked kick at the end

It ended up well, had the Niners not blocked that kick GZ would have drilled it and the Rams would be picking at 19 not 15

I think a lot of you guys are wrong on your assessments regarding Zurlein

Not only wrong but how are people coming up with "he lost us games" when it's not true. I wonder if they watched the games truthfully.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm surprised at the amount of confidence in Zuerlein that so many still have.
IMO his kicking psyche has gradually declined since his rookie season. I say this as an intelligent football fan, not as a sports psychologist, obviously.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
GZ's problem seems to be mainly in his shorter kicks. It looks like he does something weird in his follow thru's when he kicks the shorter ones. The ball has a lot of "english" on it ... almost like a golfer who has a bad slice. It looks to me like he is trying to power thru the kick as if he has to drill it 50 yds, but then pulls back just a bit ... kind of like a chip shot in golf when you are trying to make the ball come back.

Greg has a powerful leg. It's all mental. Maybe GW's wife can help him with some hypnotism or something to get him to relax a bit :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
GZ's problem seems to be mainly in his shorter kicks. It looks like he does something weird in his follow thru's when he kicks the shorter ones. The ball has a lot of "english" on it ... almost like a golfer who has a bad slice. It looks to me like he is trying to power thru the kick as if he has to drill it 50 yds, but then pulls back just a bit ... kind of like a chip shot in golf when you are trying to make the ball come back.

Greg has a powerful leg. It's all mental. Maybe GW's wife can help him with some hypnotism or something to get him to relax a bit :)

I sort of see that too but slightly differently. I see him crushing every kick with all he has. To use your golf theme he's like the guy who swings as hard as he can regardless of where the ball is and what club he has in his hands.

Still, he's a weapon and I'm glad they got him back on board.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
@Mojo Ram said, "I say this as an intelligent football fan, not as a sports psychologist, obviously."

I'm curious what you would say as a sports psychologist Mojo. :whistle:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@Mojo Ram said, "I say this as an intelligent football fan, not as a sports psychologist, obviously."

I'm curious what you would say as a sports psychologist Mojo. :whistle:

We should be fair and wait until he sleeps at a Holiday Inn Express before asking him that. :p

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Safe signing. Need to bring in someone to compete for the job though.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm not excited about the extension, but I'm not upset, either.

Ranked 35 out of 37? Okaaaaay...

But only $675k guaranteed, so he's cuttable if a rookie really blows it up in camp. Which I kinda expect, frankly.

And kickers have gotta be the most easily replaceable players in football. Hundreds come out every year and each team needs only one.

Debacled

Starter
If you guys want to go find some of my older posts in the GZ posts around the end of the regular season I broke down all the misses pretty comprehensively.

I think he only missed 1 "shorter" kick this season. All the others under 50 yards were blocked....convincingly at that (failed blocking assignments not low kicks).

I mean if you guys really want to complain about all the 55+ FGs he misses we could always go grab a guy where you don't even consider trying from that distance and just punt it....no miss nothing to complain about right?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean if you guys really want to complain about all the 55+ FGs he misses we could always go grab a guy where you don't even consider trying from that distance and just punt it....no miss nothing to complain about right?

maybe that's a good thing. it will stop fisher from playing for a 50+ yard fg every game.