Rams Re-sign Zuerlein

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Woohoo! Greg's gonna win the job (we know they're gonna bring in competition) and be MONEY for us this year!

giphy.gif

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
He's been terrible the last two years. Missing easy ones making the hard ones

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15212041/greg-zuerlein-agrees-terms-one-year-deal-los-angeles-rams

Greg Zuerlein agrees to terms with Rams
ESPN.com

Free-agent kicker Greg Zuerlein, who is coming off his worst NFL season, reached a one-year deal Friday to return to the Rams, the team announced.

Among the 37 kickers who attempted a field goal in 2015, Zuerlein ranked 35th in the league in field-goal percentage as he converted 20 of 30 for the season. Only former Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Josh Scobee and former Tampa Bay kicker Kyle Brindza came in below Zuerlein's 66.7 percent conversion rate, and that duo attempted 10 and 12 field goals, respectively. Zuerlein was also 26 of 28 on extra points.

"Any time you go out there and miss kicks, you are not going to be happy about it," Zuerlein said after the season. "I think I've got to get better and convert those kicks. Really, that's all it comes down to is making kicks, and I didn't make as many as I would have liked."

The 28-year-old Zuerlein attempted nine field goals of 50-plus yards, making three. Those nine tries were the second-most among all kickers. He did, however, set a franchise record by making a 61-yard field goal against Minnesota.

After the season, Rams coach Jeff Fisher made it clear that the team would have a competition for the kicking job regardless of what happened with Zuerlein.

"(We're) going to create a competitive environment, however, for him," Fisher said at the owners meetings. "I think he needs to compete this year."

The Rams picked Zuerlein in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL draft and he made 78.2 percent of his 119 field goal tries in his first four seasons with the team.

ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner contributed to this report.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1 year, worth a maximum of $3.3M.
Base value of $1.25M with $675K guaranteed.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I hope they do bring in some valid competition, not just some sluggo to keep Greg's leg fresh...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good signing for the Rams.

We only have a few picks, now. Greg is a known commodity.

He can very easily bounce back.

I do expect an UDFA to be added for competition, tho.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
UCLA's Fairbairn should be there in the 6th.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams should make Zuerlein and Quick roommates in training camp.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i have no faith in him. remember, the rams could have been 10 and 6 if he didn't miss all those fgs at the end of the games.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

i have no faith in him. remember, the rams could have been 10 and 6 if he didn't miss all those fgs at the end of the games.

And might have been 6 and 10 without his deep kickoffs and long FGs?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Happy to have him back but still want competition. Wouldn't make sense going into draft without a kicker and relying on someone being there with one of our fourths... Just wish Aguayo would be there in the fourth.