Rams projected 2015 starting O-Line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm happy with that line. Now let's get that corner with the hard name from Oregon. I hear good things.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I could see Barksdale coming back, but I expect Brown to start at LG although he would have a position of Havenstein. Rams went with big guys that were highly productive in excellent programs and both were durable players.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It would shock me to see Fisher starting that unit. Neither Fisher or Boudreau have ever been known to favor inexperienced guys, and with all due respect, this "projected" Offensive Line is beyond inexperienced.

IMO, to start Training Camp, and more than likely, starting vs. Seattle (Week One), I think you will see something more along the lines of:

LT: Robinson LG: Saffold C: Barnes RG: Reynolds RT: Barksdale

Havenstein, Brown, Jones, Rhaney, Bond and Washington are ALL promising young guys, but I just can't see Fisher and Boudreau inserting them early in the process.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We should make a play to trade for Alex Mack from the Browns seen as they just drafted a center. Send them Stacy and a 4th next year and see what they say.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
After watching Wells and Joseph last season, how can anyone not at least be happy that we have young guys that will be playing instead of them? Can't wait for opening day. It'll be a great test for them right off the bat.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Thats a really big line. Coach has his work cut out, but while you have youth there, both Havenstein and Brown were 3 year starters - so it won't be like teaching them Chinese.

This is the time when we realize that we are just a bunch of fans and that the Rams have teams of scouts who do this for a living.

We all liked Havenstein, we just liked him later because we were told he might be there later. Who knows if he would have.

We projected more athletic and agile lineman but it looks like the Rams wanted slobberknocckers out there. This works for me!

I knew when Mannion was drafted it wouldn't be popular here - it didn't go over well when I mocked him here in the 4th rd - but I like that pick quite a bit as well. You have to take a shot at it sometime and to get your top QB after the big 2 is taking a good stab at it.
Yeah ... on the Mannion pick .... I saw on Twitterverse everyone slamming the pick. So called "internet scouts" saying he is the same guy as Gilbert from last year .... really? Why is that? The kid owns 18 OSU and Pac12 passing records.

Gilbert played in what .... Conference USA or something like that? Mannion has played his entire college career in a Pro Style Offense. Gilbert came from a spread Run n Gun type offense. Now .... I will say that Mannion is NOT very mobile.... so IF he does end up being the #1 down the road, we better have a good OL. His wind up is/was kind of "circular" ....but by accounts I have read, he hast quickened and shortened his release.

Then .... about who we COUlD have picked at the QB spot ... ALL of them have warts. I am a Pac 12 guy, so I have seen LOTS of both Mannion and Hundley. And let me say this ... Hundley did not impress me to the point that I would put him over anybody. His play was so up and down that I could not say for sure he would be any better than Mannion. Now ... his running skills ... sure.... but passing and able to run a pro style system right now? It's Mannion all day long. And Petty .... well the best "ball thrower" possibly in the entire draft but ... as RAW as they come as far as being pro ready.

Outside of the top two guys (JW/MM) the only guy I would have wanted over SM would have ben Grayson ... and he was picked before we got Mannion and I think they were right to address the OL before the QB position. So in all ... we weren't drafting an "heir apparent" .. .we are trying to address the spot of a guy to develop and I think Mannion is a good choice for where we got him. I also think they will probably extend Foles. They might have just been waiting to see IF they had a shot at a guy like MM or whatever.

I just think there was a lot of over reaction to this like we were going to get a STUD /sure fire starter . This draft has gone fairly well so far, IMHO. We have gotten BIGGER and more PHYSICAL on Offense. Teams built like this are built to last.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I doubt they bring Barksdale back and I know you don't draft a lineman in the 2nd and 3rd to be projects. Both of these guys were long term starters in college. They will both be on that field and given every opportunity to fuck it up. Barksdale just played a bad game IMO (contract wise not play wise)

fancents86

Starter
I still want barksdale in there with Havenstein as back up. We need depth just as bad as starters.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I still want Barksdale back, too. But I love the O-line @FRO put out there. Jones at center is going to make me fiiiiiiinally right about something.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
inexperienced, unproven and still unproven depth behind them. I'll be going into this season the same I did last year when it comes to the line. fingers crossed and praying before ever game.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Obviously Rob Boras our new run game coordinator had some input in the draft plans.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I still want Barksdale back, too. But I love the O-line @FRO put out there. Jones at center is going to make me fiiiiiiinally right about something.
Why does everyone seem to want to dismiss Barnes, but think Barrett Jones is somehow a better option?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I agree with CoachO, I can't see them starting 3 players who are essentially rookies and 1 player who hasn't started for a full season and was raw coming out.

I'd like to see Barksdale resigned on a one-year deal. I can't see him getting a multi-year commitment from anybody. And I still think the veteran Blaylock would be perfect slotted next to G-Rob but that doesn't appear to be an option anymore.

That said, both Havenstein and Brown are highly intelligent, quick-studies that could surprise us. But going into the season with one vet on the line seems irresponsible.