Rams projected 2015 starting O-Line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
LT Greg Robinson 332
LG Jarmon Brown 323
C Barrett Jones 308
RG Rodger Saffold 332
RT Rob Havensein 321

That's over 1,600 lbs of man.

That's a very inexperienced line. It's going to be very hard to expect to compete right away with that much inexperience. I'm glad they have finally invested heavily in the line. Hope they add two more picks today.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i like that projected starting line much better than the one 3 days ago. (y)

i agree with the lack of experience, but some of that is due to poor drafting and free agent signings for many, many years now.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is La'el Collins still available?
His agent said he wouldn't sign a contract if he didn't get drafted day 2 so he can re-enter next years draft. So he is, but he isn't available.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Thats a really big line. Coach has his work cut out, but while you have youth there, both Havenstein and Brown were 3 year starters - so it won't be like teaching them Chinese.

This is the time when we realize that we are just a bunch of fans and that the Rams have teams of scouts who do this for a living.

We all liked Havenstein, we just liked him later because we were told he might be there later. Who knows if he would have.

We projected more athletic and agile lineman but it looks like the Rams wanted slobberknocckers out there. This works for me!

I knew when Mannion was drafted it wouldn't be popular here - it didn't go over well when I mocked him here in the 4th rd - but I like that pick quite a bit as well. You have to take a shot at it sometime and to get your top QB after the big 2 is taking a good stab at it.

FRO

Legend
Thats a really big line. Coach has his work cut out, but while you have youth there, both Havenstein and Brown were 3 year starters - so it won't be like teaching them Chinese.

This is the time when we realize that we are just a bunch of fans and that the Rams have teams of scouts who do this for a living.

We all liked Havenstein, we just liked him later because we were told he might be there later. Who knows if he would have.

We projected more athletic and agile lineman but it looks like the Rams wanted slobberknocckers out there. This works for me!

I knew when Mannion was drafted it wouldn't be popular here - it didn't go over well when I mocked him here in the 4th rd - but I like that pick quite a bit as well. You have to take a shot at it sometime and to get your top QB after the big 2 is taking a good stab at it.
It still takes time for some rookies. It took Chance Warmack a year and a half to get it in Tennessee. The C and LT still will have a bunch of developing to do as well. I think it's wise to temper expectations on our line. It's going to take a bit of time for them to hit their stride. I'm glad we finally have invested high picks in the line. Let's just hope they pan out.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It still takes time for some rookies. It took Chance Warmack a year and a half to get it in Tennessee. The C and LT still will have a bunch of developing to do as well. I think it's wise to temper expectations on our line. It's going to take a bit of time for them to hit their stride. I'm glad we finally have invested high picks in the line. Let's just hope they pan out.

Obviously, every draft pick is a rookie.

We wanted them to invest some draft capital on the O Line and they have

We wanted them to be offense heavy and 4/4 picks later, they have.

We wanted them to find us a QB and they took their top rated QB after the first 2 picks.

Yes, you are right - they will need some time. This draft seems to look a lot better in 2016 than 2015 but don't they all?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Still too early to tell the projected starting OLine, IMO. Other players may be brought in.

Besides, I'd guess that Garrett Reynolds might start initially at LG if they don't bring in another veteran.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Jeff Fisher said the Rams still have interest in free agent OT Joe Barksdale and added that they would look at veteran options for their young offensive line. (Nick Wagoner)

Stel

Starter
LT Greg Robinson 332
LG Jarmon Brown 323
C Barrett Jones 308
RG Rodger Saffold 332
RT Rob Havensein 321

That's over 1,600 lbs of man.

That's a very inexperienced line. It's going to be very hard to expect to compete right away with that much inexperience. I'm glad they have finally invested heavily in the line. Hope they add two more picks today.

Inexperienced in the NFL, yes. But they are all very experienced at a high college level and, by all acccounts, they are all hard working, smart, high character guys.

FRO

Legend
Inexperienced in the NFL, yes. But they are all very experienced at a high college level and, by all acccounts, they are all hard working, smart, high character guys.
So was Donald and it took him time. I'm just trying to brace fellow fans. We have to be patient with these guys.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We had to be patient with Robinson and he was drafted #2 overall! Had we taken a WR, we would need to be patient with him too.

Thats just part of it - but I would say that compared to other rookies, these 2 lineman will be closer to ready.

Memphis Ram

Legend
We had to be patient with Robinson and he was drafted #2 overall! Had we taken a WR, we would need to be patient with him too.

Thats just part of it - but I would say that compared to other rookies, these 2 lineman will be closer to ready.

Very true. But, to be fair, Robinson was pretty raw compared to this year's OLine selections.

FRO

Legend

I agree. You can't realistically expect rookies to kick butt from day one. It's extremely rare. Even the most seasoned and talented guys come in a struggle for a few weeks. Our offensive line is inexperienced and they most likely will struggle to start out the year. You had to eventually bite the bullet though and invest young prospects in the line as opposed to free agency. I love the fact that we finally have drafted linemen in the second and third rounds. Wish we would have done more of it in the past 3 years, but better late than never. The guys they drafted fit their style. I hope they play well for us. Can't wait until preseason to watch them.

FRO

Legend
Very true. But, to be fair, Robinson was pretty raw compared to this year's OLine selections.
I don't expect them to have as massive of a learning curve as Robinson. Both played in pro style systems in college. The learning curve is shorter, but they will struggle through the first few weeks.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't expect them to have as massive of a learning curve as Robinson. Both played in pro style systems in college. The learning curve is shorter, but they will struggle through the first few weeks.

They may. Or they may not. No one really knows.

The team has simplified the offense and plan to run the football and get it out quicker. That's a perfect plan to suit young road grading OLinemen, IMO. But, like I said earlier, I'm guessing that only one of them will start on day one. I'm not going to disregard all of the other players already on the roster just yet. Or guys that will probably still be brought in.