Rams Practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great additions thus far. Really happy that we have managed to hold on to Allen though. Test will be as the season unfolds and injuries occur, we'll see how that goes with a guy who looks like he might have starting level ability.
I really think Wolford could be the Rams #2 QB next year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

True, but if there is a player that the team likes on the practice squad and another team is looking to sign him, teams sometimes make room for them, now the player can decline, but they usually agree to stay on in most cases.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I think maybe they were trying to light a fire under Kelly. He didn't do much in the preseason. I am not indicting his effort. I don't know what is inside the coaches minds. But it will be interesting to see how he responds.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wade got some decent rookies to groom. Landis Durham & Copeland show'd some promise particularly Durham. Durham has enough size to slid back & forth from OLB'er to DE if need be.

Copeland played most of his snaps @ the 5 tech DE post but did see some action @ the 3 tech. He is a tough mean run stuffer. Also, glad Rams were able to snag the corner Dont'e Deayon.

Obvious I am well pleased with the signing of OL'er Chandler Brewer (y):giggle:who lined up @ LT/LG/RT/RG. OC/OG Jeremiah Kolone would appear to be the replacement for center Aaron Neary till week #5.

oldnotdead

Legend
AZ claimed Kevin Peterson and Hodge was claimed by the Browns. I don't think Steven Parker or John Franklin Meyers have been claimed. Alex Bachman and Trevon Young had injury waivers so they remain unsigned.

They were able to retain most of their own which is good. They can sign players from other team's PS to their active roster 3 weeks before the end of the season. This would allow them to carry them under contract into the offseason.

IMO one more fumble by Jojo and Hodge needs to be re-signed off the Brown's PS. Most importantly Wolford remains a Ram and I expect him to be the #2 next year.

Looking at the roster I think probably 4 of the 7 gameday inactives will come from the defense.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I love it. Pretty much everyone I would have missed is back in horns. Let's GOOOOOO!!!!

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
This is really a time of peaks and valleys. Today you're elated to be one of the 53. Tomorrow they pick up a free agent and you're cut.

Ram65

Legend
Rams lose Peter son and Parker but, did well with the PS. No more JFM as he was claimed too.

Durham looked good. Rams save a roster spot but, keep Kelly close by. Nice mix of players. They kept Brewer too.

Rams announce their practice squad:
QB John Wolford
RB John Kelly
TE Kendall Blanton
OL Chandler Brewer
OL Jeremiah Kolone
DB Donte Deayon
S Jake Gervase
LB Dakota Allen
DE Landis Durham
DT Marquise Copeland

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Itts a damn good practice squad. I'm a bit pissed we lost Peterson, especially to Arizona. That might come back and bite us, but other than that they did a real good job of stashing quality depth on there.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
IMO one more fumble by Jojo and Hodge needs to be re-signed off the Brown's PS. Most importantly Wolford remains a Ram and I expect him to be the #2 next year.

Hodge is on the Browns Main Roster as far as I know so that option is not open to us unfortunately.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Rams lose Peter son and Parker but, did well with the PS. No more JFM as he was claimed too.

Durham looked good. Rams save a roster spot but, keep Kelly close by. Nice mix of players. They kept Brewer too.

Rams announce their practice squad:
QB John Wolford
RB John Kelly
TE Kendall Blanton
OL Chandler Brewer
OL Jeremiah Kolone
DB Donte Deayon
S Jake Gervase
LB Dakota Allen
DE Landis Durham
DT Marquise Copeland
I don’t know, man, :unsure:...I see this as our Kupp is half-full.

:cry:Yeah, well I see it as half-empty.

-Ketner.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Durham too. Excellent. (y)
I think this big kid can be something special once he gets some seasoning under his belt. Both Durham & Patrick were great UDFA OLB'er discoveries.... Kudos :admin:to Snead & his scout teams!

Last edited:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

So glad we were able to pick up Copeland after losing a seemingly plodding Myers in last PS game. So happy we grabbed Dakota for practice squad & hope he makes the very most of it. Glad Kelley may get another shot and behind a starting line that may actually open a real hole to burst through. He has reminded me of Cleveland Gary wearing that very cloe number.

My only sadness is not being able to grab BOOGIE Roberts who really had a great final Preseason game and looked dominant among the Texans scrubs. If not picked up maybe if any injury we can grab him back into the HORNS. Love we have two sides of nasty beef in Day & Gaines that can sure make a 4th & 1 very hard to make. We need Dakota to grab coach Barry (LB's) coach and pick his brain heading into season as he did arrive with a thump on many tackles in preseason. many Ram fans are hoping he can be that Mike lb who makes the most of the few reps he is now gonna see with Hager starting those few reps he's gonna get in Wades "D".

I don't care that we are young as we have such great position coaches & most of all vets teaching from Weddle teaching Rapp & Clay helping both inside and outside LB's. OO making the most of every rep he got with a sore hamstring in his 4 pre-season games. loves his forced fumble most announcers missed in Texans pre-season game. Just hope Obo can make the very most of all the prayers & high hopes many Ram fans had for him since his drafting and such a small window to show his skills as many had given up he would be what he once was as a didrupter in college and at his size. Rams need pass rush so bad as we need run stopping we had a weakness in last season.

I think we have upgraded the Suh gameplay with our new youth & size .

First game last season playing away on dirt infield with Raiders we let an ex Tight end Cooks have a career day against us in yardage & breaking tackles . After not playing starters all pre-season.We play Greg Olson of the yearly foot injury & many Pro Bowls this upcoming Sunday. I hope we have stopped our weakness against Tight Ends that we had last season & we will face a tough pass catching RB the league is VERY well aware of & we can't allow the up the middle long runs we did last season. Tackling was not the best last season against the run. The Stanford grad & Olsen will be two of the biggest threats this upcoming Sunday the 8TH.

I think Weddle will stop any Tight End from having a field day like Cooks had against us in our first game last season. That was the game Gurley was first injured without most being aware of how banged up he got on that one bad tackle. Hoping Rapp also starts the season hot & is bigtime in tackles as he loves to (WRAP) up players low by grabbing their legs together. Thought we'd of picked up a better backup Center but hope Kolone is a worthy pickup after being cut. Very ,very happy Durham was placed on practice squad & not picked off by another team especially in case of injury in our pass rushing depth. He had a very good pre-season against lesser competition. If we can develop this young talent we can be a constant threat to win it all. Great job Les & all scouts.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I really like the players we choose to keep on the PS except for one, Jeremiah Kolone. I hope we can pick up a player with more potential at center or a vet.