Rams Players Who Would Have Thrived, No Matter the Situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HellRam

Starter
Steven Jackson actually did it. So I would absolutely put him on this list. He will always be underrated to me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marshall’s “by himself” is a bit overrated.

Pace is a HOFer, Timmerman is rightfully credited with being a piece that turned around the Oline in ‘99.
And they never really replaced Fred Miller adequately when he left in FA.

Gurley came along during the LT merry go round; he was very dynamic as O Rookie of the Year and All-Pro RB.

I don’t put Marshall in another class above ED and TG in their primes.

IMO
I do, without a doubt.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Donald for sure. His play is mostly good ole one on one... and he wins those battles regularly.

Olsen, Youngblood, Jones, same. I guess Slater and Pace too, with this logic.

And definitely kickers like Hekker and Money. They will kick well no matter the team. Maybe an argument could be made Wilkins kicked a lot in the dome... but he was damn good and that’s to his credit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Donald for sure. His play is mostly good ole one on one... and he wins those battles regularly.

Olsen, Youngblood, Jones, same. I guess Slater and Pace too, with this logic.

And definitely kickers like Hekker and Money. They will kick well no matter the team. Maybe an argument could be made Wilkins kicked a lot in the dome... but he was damn good and that’s to his credit.
You forgot Frank Corrall

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah, my memory could be off, but to me, Isaac Bruce's early years would put him higher on that list.
He got 100+ receptions his second year with Chris Miller and Mark Rypien throwing in his general direction. There was not much of a running game with Jerome I-quit-on-the-team Bettis and there was no other real receiving threat on that team.

To be precise, 119 catches and over 1700 yards, and would have set an NFL record for most receiving yards in a year, but as was emblematic time, had to be upstaged by Jerry Rice who had over 1800. But Bruce did it with virtually nobody around him while Rice had plenty of talent around him ... so, biased as I may be, advantage Bruce.

I just have these memories of him getting stuffed at line of scrimmage, because everyone knew he was everything the Rams had on offense. His straight up running style, didn't help. He did have those grinding 1000 yard seasons, for sure.

C'mon, you must cut SJ some slack. He went over 1000 yards rushing in 2007, 2008, and 2009 - seasons the Rams finished 3-13, 2-14, and 1-15, respectively. Those were teams that were, SJ excepted, incredibly devoid of talent, an absolute black hole level of suckage. And he STILL got over 1000 yards.

God, what he could have done under McVay and with the talent we have now ...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nolan Cromwell, Irv Pankey, Jerry Gray

All three great, but loved me some Irv Pankey was a TE at Penn State and went on to be a great LT back when I thought the Rams just made everyone a great offensive linemen. They had some fantastic Offensive Line Coaches back in the day like Dan Radakovic & Hudson Houck for example....Jerry Gray a pro's pro and great cover Corner and Nolan Cromwell, who played QB at Kansas and moved to Safety was simply amazing, although dropping and sure interception in the Super Bowl against the Steelers, where he would have went the distance still bothers me a little.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
slow yur roll, authoress! Quit writing science fiction up in here!

Sorry, but have you been to Pappy's? It's the best barbeque I've ever had. They have this combo called the Big Ben that I had for my twenty-fourth birthday. Consists of a pulled pork sandwich, beef brisket sandwich, a full slab of ribs, 1/4 chicken, and four sides. Naturally, I ate it all.

I'm sorry, but once you have that, absolutely nothing compares.