Rams players are mirror images of those who coach them.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LooNaTik83

As I am watching this game. I am starting to feel like the offensive coordinator isn't doing the job of coaching or producing anything positive for the Rams organization. The defense is pulling it's weight, but a team should never be one dimensional. Both defense and offense need to be on the same page. I am frustrated with what I'm seeing offensively, bad play calls all around.

What do you all think?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. None of them have a mustache beard as grand as Fisher's.

LooNaTik83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well no one will have the prestige hair and stash that fisher has. It's not earned but you need to be born with it.

On a serious note.

Fisher needs to re-evaluate his team of coaches starting at the O coordinator. Very disappointing.

RamGal

UDFA
For comparison, this is the Vikings FIRST GAME with their new OC. while this is the Rams THIRD SEASON with their old OC.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm starting to think I'm getting really annoyed with the same old "blame the OC" shit.

And this loss doesn't change my mindset about that. Losses completely can't and shouldn't be blamed on one coach.

I saw a decent defensive performance marred with 2 big plays.

I saw a terrible decision/luck by Shaun Hill.

I saw some penalties, both legit and bullshit.

And of course injuries.

But of course, blame the OC. That will solve everything.

LooNaTik83

For comparison, this is the Vikings FIRST GAME with their new OC. while this is the Rams THIRD SEASON with their old OC.

3rd season. 3 strikes your out.. So if shotty doesn't produce this year he should be out!. I would like to preserve the dignity of true Rams fans but one can only take so much.

LooNaTik83

I'm starting to think I'm getting really annoyed with the same old "blame the OC" crap.

And this loss doesn't change my mindset about that. Losses completely can't and shouldn't be blamed on one coach.

I saw some penalties, both legit and bullcrap.

And of course injuries.

Students are prodigies of their masters ie. Coaches. You obviously know nothing about intuition.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm starting to think I'm getting really annoyed with the same old "blame the OC" crap.

And of course injuries.

All good points but BS shares blame, it isn't all on him but he gets part of the blame.

scifiman

All good points but BS shares blame, it isn't all on him but he gets part of the blame.
The nfl is changing and Schotty is not. Our play calling is predictable and unless we get some new blood and some new thinking our offense will never be more than average at best.

scifiman

How about we snag Connor Shaw and install the option read and open things up. Works for seattle. Why not the rams?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

And of course injuries.

Because Schott isn't helping. He's not creative and predictable and his style is about as telegraphed as a punch out boxer. Just this game he calls a run play with Tavon, sees it gets a moderate gain and then saw it fit to call the exact same play seconds after, basically giving the defense a free TFL, no defense in the world is going to get fooled by the same play twice. His calling is conservative, going for two screen passes in 3rd and long situations.

I'm not saying it's all the coaches' fault, but Schottenheimer's bland and boring playcall IS holding us back and if it doesn't change he's got to go.

Angry Ram

Students are prodigies of their masters ie. Coaches. You obviously know nothing about intuition.

Don't insult me just b/c I choose to go against the usual internet fan grain of blaming the OC.

I judge my opinion based on what I see on the field and how they are played out.

We can question the OC, but the nonstop blaming and calling for his firing does not and will not magically make them run the table.

Sure, there's games all the time where I don't like some playcalls. But that's the beauty of football, in that (ironically) it's an ugly game. Shit doesn't go down as planned.

There's other factors.. Always.

209RamsFan

How bout the entire organization take partial blame for tis SHIT of a product on the field?

LooNaTik83

Don't insult me just b/c I choose to go against the usual internet fan grain of blaming the OC.

I judge my opinion based on what I see on the field and how they are played out.

We can question the OC, but the nonstop blaming and calling for his firing does not and will not magically make them run the table.

Sure, there's games all the time where I don't like some playcalls. But that's the beauty of football, in that (ironically) it's an ugly game. crap doesn't go down as planned.

There's other factors.. Always.

Look I'm just frustrated as you are. My visual witness of seeing where we are lacking is based of factual events. The offense did not produce why?

Angry Ram

Because Schott isn't helping. He's not creative and predictable and his style is about as telegraphed as a punch out boxer. Just this game he calls a run play with Tavon, sees it gets a moderate gain and then saw it fit to call the exact same play seconds after, basically giving the defense a free TFL, no defense in the world is going to get fooled by the same play twice. His calling is conservative, going for two screen passes in 3rd and long situations.

I'm not saying it's all the coaches' fault, but Schottenheimer's bland and boring playcall IS holding us back and if it doesn't change he's got to go.

Many teams do screens on 3rd and long. That's nothing new or warranted to call for a firing.

Regarding Tavon, he needs to get the ball in his hands. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Such is football. The offense needs to execute.

Is it perfect? No. Do I like that it didn't work? Of course not.

However, again, there's just so much more going going on in terms of player execution for a play to work. Everyone needs to do their job correctly. OL needs to block, WR needs to catch, etc. etc. I'm sure you already know that, dude.

For years now we've been blaming the OC and getting our wish. I'm choosing to stop having that mentality.

ViperLjs

Rookie

And of course injuries.

Of course it's not all on Schotty, but at some point the person whos sole responsibility is ensuring that the offense is successful must be held accountable for its (lack of) performance. Last year we were 30th in points scored, the year before 23rd, and starting off like this certainly isn't helping his case.

LooNaTik83

Look I agree with both posts above. But lets think of the Rams team the players. They are young and they need guidance. Without guidance you have rampant delinquents with no discipline and sense of will. Without reason you have no team.

Angry Ram

Look I'm just frustrated as you are. My visual witness of seeing where we are lacking is based of factual events. The offense did not produce why?

The OL was incredibly inconsistent.

Running game not there.

Greg Zuerlein missing 2 FGs (not that the end result would've helped)

One huge turnover.

Penalties.

Injures.

It's really that simple. Those are all ingredients for a loss. And of course that's what we saw.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Many teams do screens on 3rd and long. That's nothing new or warranted to call for a firing.

Regarding Tavon, he needs to get the ball in his hands. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Such is football. The offense needs to execute.

Is it perfect? No. Do I like that it didn't work? Of course not.

However, again, there's just so much more going going on in terms of player execution for a play to work. Everyone needs to do their job correctly. OL needs to block, WR needs to catch, etc. etc. I'm sure you already know that, dude.

For years now we've been blaming the OC and getting our wish. I'm choosing to stop having that mentality.
I understand, I too think we've used the OC as a cop out for too long, especially with Shurmur, who I thought was actually quite fine as a OC for Spags. However, I don't think this is one of this scenarios.

Sometime you have to put your players in the wheelhouse of success and I don't see Schott doing that with calling the same plays over and over, terrible decisions on plays and just generally being too conservative and predictable.

Like the players need to do their job, Schott also has a job to do well, and he hasn't. Giving the coach resolve from guilt by blaming the players is just as bad as giving the players resolve from guilt by blaming the coaches.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
You obviously know nothing about intuition.

Tread lightly with these types of comments.

As far as the OC goes; he's perfect for the type of smash mouth football that Fisher has run throughout his career. Unfortunately the execution isn't there. OTOH it wouldn't bother me one bit if he was fired tomorrow morning. Anything to shake things up.